• This topic has 47 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by pete234-spam.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Following the 'what metal wedding ring'
  • emma82
    Free Member

A few blokes I know don’t have a wedding ring, some have one but don’t wear it much….

I just wondered, if you are married and don’t have/wear a wedding ring, would you be offended/concerned if your wife didn’t wear a wedding ring or does she not wear one? Why don’t you wear one – for practical reasons or is it a statement? I don’t know any ‘wives’ who don’t wear their wedding/engagement rings so seems a bit odd to me that their husbands don’t wear one. Suppose Prince Willy might be leading a new trend….??

cheese@4p

What a Willy ring?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I like to keep my options open 🙂

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I don’t personally know any married guys who wear a ring, because all the guys I know where a ring on their little finger, and two rings side by side look a bit naff. I think guys wearing wedding rings is a ‘new’ thing, started by the Catholic church maybe?

My future wife is free to wear her ring or no as she sees fit.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

men + jewellery = no

emma82
    Free Member

No not a willy ring 😯 Although if you want to wear a willy ring all the time just be careful it doesn’t drop off – like a lambs tail 😀

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m getting married and I won’t be wearing one. Whether my wife to be wants to or not, is entirely her decision. I wouldn’t be offended or upset if she didn’t.

I don’t want to wear one as I hate jewelery on me. No sinister, deeper reasons.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sometimes it’s easier than carrying a shitty stick everywhere.

emma82
    Free Member

lol Deadly, hard life being an adonis is? 🙂

See I just thought it was weird when my other half turned his nose up at wearing one and I’d always just assumed because people exchange rings when they marry that both wore a ring. I only found out a couple of months ago that you don’t actually have to exchange rings?!

guitarhero
    Free Member

Rings Maim !!!!!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I’d always just assumed because people exchange rings when they marry..

‘New’ thing too. Always used to be man giving lady a ring. Mind you, last wedding I went to was about 20 years ago!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I think if a guy gets a ring at the ceremony, he should wear it.

Dolcered

i think i would prefer my oh to wear his wedding ring (if we ever do get married) otherwise i might feel he wasnt proud of our union, but you cant force someone to do something, just because you would do it.

so if he decided it would never be worn, it’d be a ring pull or something out a christmas cracker he would be getting 😀

like the op i know hardly any women that dont wear theres as opposed to guys, mind you , i think there tends to be a lot more cash attached to the female engagement ring/wedding band so more to show off……….

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I always look for a wedding ring on a woman’s hand. Adds to the challenge.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I wasn’t fussed about a ring although having got married and chosen one i now quite like it and i wear it.

I would not wear any other jewellery though.

brassneck

I got a plain Ti one. First jewellery of any sort I’ve worn, and it’s aged in nicely (unlike the wearer). Just seemed a nice thing to do at the wedding, and cost nothing really.

Grown rather fond of it, plus I can wear it on a chain out on the road bike to add faux-Italian-ness.

It’s upto Mrs brassneck if she wears hers, pretty much always does but the flashier engagement ring stays in the box most days.

TheFlyingOx

I wear one, but not at work where there are is a very high ring-stripping-my-finger-to-the-bone potential.
    Mrs Ox wears her wedding ring and engagement ring, but not at work where there is a very high skaghead-biting-her-finger-off-to-get-the-rings-to-pawn-for-drug-money potential.

tim41
    Free Member

uwe-r +1
    same for me on all points

hora
    Free Member

Wearing a wedding ring doesn’t stop either sex straying. Grownups know the rules and if they see someone they like its all part of the illicit fun.

kimbers

uwe-r – Member

I wasn’t fussed about a ring although having got married and chosen one i now quite like it and i wear it.

I would not wear any other jewellery though.

+1
    except i do have a prince albert or willy ring if you will

rOcKeTdOg

i didn’t wear one, i’m now divorced, maybe that was the reason? 😯

hora
    Free Member

Wearing a ring doesn’t surpress someones attractions or desires.

Its not like a visual stamp of ‘I’m off the market’. If you see an attractive woman, the first thing you notice is her eyes, hair, ass, legs, etc. The last thing you notice is her third finger

emma82
    Free Member

Well, I just spoke to him and he’s really not fussed and I’m not too bothered, hora is right, if he wants to cheat he will and whoever it happened with probably wouldn’t give a toss about his wife. He’s kept it in his pants til now so should be ok. Unless I could invent a wedding ring with some kind of sensor on it when on detecting some filthy mare setting her eyes on him an ‘ inpenatratable’ (if that’s even a word) slams a forcefield around him and shouts ‘get back bitch he’s taken’. Wonder if I should patent it?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

He’s kept it in his pants til now…

Eeeek. Not had it out to wash it?

brassneck

The last thing you notice is her third finger

From what I know, it’s more or less the first thing women notice though.

Not saying it makes any difference, just they have less of an excuse 🙂

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The last thing you notice is her third finger…

Actually, one time, at bandcamp…

OK, this is a family forum, just forget I said anything.

emma82
    Free Member

He did wash it once I believe.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

In my experience being married, or even in a steady relationship, seems to be a very attractive quality to some ladies. I think they see men so taken as an easy bet for a casual relationship.* Judging by the shock (or even annoyance…how dare you…) when they get turned down perhaps they are normally right?

Edit

* Actually it might be ‘He must be a good one, his wife/long term partner is nice and always happy’ kind of thing.

hora
    Free Member

emma82 trust. Give him your explicit trust. He’ll respect you in buckets for this if hes the right/mature bloke. If he ever abuses your trust. Swiftly despatch him.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I always used to wear mine when I was married, except for when I was exercising when it was either put in a locker or worn on a chain around my neck. Keeping the thing on my finger was probably the safer option.

I wouldn’t be adverse to wearing one should I ever remarry, however neither a ring nor a certificate define a relationship IMHO.

ratadog

Worn a wedding ring since 1998. His and hers made by a jeweller locally. Just seemed the right thing to do.

Mrs R knows she is stuck with me. I pointed out at an early stage that as I had taken 36 years to find the woman I wanted to marry, even if I started looking again immediately, by the law of averages I was going to be 72 by the time I found anyone else and frankly by that stage I won’t be bothered.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I pointed out at an early stage that as I had taken 36 years to find the woman I wanted to marry, even if I started looking again immediately, by the law of averages I was going to be 72 by the time I found anyone else and frankly by that stage I won’t be bothered.

At the age of 46, never been married, but marrying my partner of 10 years in the near future, I’ll use that if I may, has a certain charm to it.

Hohum
    Free Member

I was married 16 years ago next month and the only time that my wedding ring has been off my finger was when it went to the jewellers to be taken up a size (I was young and skinny when I married and have put on almost 2 stone since then).

Personally I find it strange why a bloke would not want to wear a ring if they were married. My memory is a bit sketchy now, but I seem to recall exchanging vows and rings at the church where my wife and I were married.

My wife on the other hand takes her rings off a lot and I have had to buy her a new engagement ring and wedding ring because she did not like the old ones 😕

M6TTF
    Free Member

I wear one, but do take it off when I’m riding or working on the bikes, or washing the Cars etc

Drac

I don’t wear one as not that bothered by them and for work, I once had an engagement ring from a previous relationship and caught it a few times so stopped wearing it.

Would I be offended if my wife stopped wearing hers? No of course not.

BenjiM

Not taken mine off since the 5th of August last year which is when we were married. Something comforting about it, however I don’t where any other jewellery, mainly because of working with food but I’ve never really fancied it anyhow.

Pieface

I wear mine because it was what was exchanged on our wedding day – it is symbollic of the vows we made to one another. However these are just my thoughts and I don’t judge other married men / women on whether they have them or not.

Also its almost a rite of passage = guys don’t do jewellery but a wedding ring is allowed, makes you feel all grown up innit.

I have a plain ti ring so wear it most of the time, although when doing diy think i should remove it as yanking on a crowbar can hurt my finger when theres metal on metal rubbing against flesh.

Call me sentimental but at times it can be a ‘crutch’ – when things are tight and I’m on my own, it reminds me theres hope and love just round the corner

emma82
    Free Member

Awww pieface that’s lovely. Apparently American men starting wearing them when they were away during the war as an emotional crutch, a tie back to home which is sweet. I suppose it’s more the not liking jewellery thing for a lot of blokes although I did see a very posh one in Ernst jones that had little diamonds in it???!!! Actually the guy in there said a lot of blokes were ditching rings and getting a nice watch instead. Think he was just trying to sell a watch though.

Bunnyhop

Hubby doesn’t have one because I don’t like jewellery on men. However he had a choice and agreed with me.

I take my ring off for riding though.

Hohum
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – Member
    Hubby doesn’t have one because I don’t like jewellery on men. However he had a choice and agreed with me.

I take my ring off for riding though.

Out of my own curiosity I would like to know why do you take it off for riding?

My step-father used to work in the Navy and I can remember seeing the posters alerting the engineers to take off their rings when working and rightly so as I can imagine the chances of losing a finger in working in such circumstances are not insignificant, but why when out riding?

Cheers

However, I struggle to imagine

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Following the 'what metal wedding ring'’ is closed to new replies.