Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Flipped mary bars
  • nunuboogie
    Free Member

Experimenting with my commuter, have had a few different bars fitted but have decided to try some mary bars, mainly due to wrist ache. Now I have them I am thinking of running them flipped anyone else do this? Also has anyone cut them down?

firestarter
    Free Member

yes i used to do it on mine they were much more comfy. i taped over the logos as people kept telling me it was upside down. jeff jones even enquired as to what they were and if they were prototypes at sswc lol

epicyclo

I find that comfortable. I use North Road type bars which are similar. They get transferred from bike to bike, although I am going to give Midges a go seeing as I use them on my 29er.

rOcKeTdOg

not mine btw

Ian B Pegasus by Singular Cycles, on Flickr

miketually
    Free Member

I replaced the high-rise stem and Midge bars on my Solitude with a flipped Mary and upside-down MTB stem. I just took the stem, bars, levers and grips off my Inbred and stuck it on the Solitude upside-down, so even the levers are swapped and flipped.

Decided that I might as well be a full-on fixietwat, if I was going to be a bit of one.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Thanks, going to have to lengthen brake cable and maybe flip the stem too? But first impressions look good, they are very wide though.

epicyclo

You can buy Raleigh bars the same basic shape which are shorter (abt £15). That’s what I have been using on my road bikes.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Cheers epicyclo but If I like them flipped, i might just trim them down a bit?

Pogo
    Free Member

I have a set on my ss commuter, unless you have narrow shoulders I wouldn’t trim them down, they are the most comfortable bars I’ve had. I had a cheap set of Raleigh North Road bars flipped but there’s too much rise (fall) on them, they’re nothing like Mary bars, the only other bars I’ve found similar are here the VO Milan, slightly shorter than Mary Bars but not as good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Flipped mary bars’ is closed to new replies.