Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Flat shoes for flat pedals
  • partyboy1101
    Free Member

I’m currently looking at Five Ten Barons or Freeriders to compliment my shiny new flat pedals. Can anyone recommend one over the other? Or even any other flat shoe that is just as good but maybe cheaper.

ALso does anyone know how Five Ten’s fit…I’m normally a size 11, do they fit with conventional sizing or come up large or small?

vala
    Free Member

I’ve got some Freeriders and am a size 8 in all other footwear and this is no exception for the Five Ten’s.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’ve got Freeriders. Take a size 9 shoe which I think equates to 42, and 42 Freeriders fit perfectly. However I use 43 to allow extra room for winter sockage

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

I’m a size 9 in everything, pretty much, 43 freeriders for me. They’re a pretty decent shoe, not perfect but good. I plastered my new pair with grainger’s waterproofer which has made a big difference- I still expect them to fall apart prematurely like my other five tens but they’ll be good for as long as they last.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I still expect them to fall apart prematurely like my other five tens but they’ll be good for as long as they last

Mine are just coming up for 3 years old. The heel is coming away a bit but I reckon they’ll see me out most of the rest of the year so not too bad as I only have the one pair of riding shoes

stevomcd
    Free Member

The downside of the Freeriders is the lack of protection in the toe-box. The impacts and the various derivatives thereof have a tougher, stiffened toe box, which really does help.

Depends how often you hit your toes…

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Thanks all, I like the colour of the barons but the freeriders are a better style

colournoise

9s everywhere else and 9 in a Freerider too. Mine are also about 3 years old IIRC and are still going strong despite frequent soakings (although I do have some with a shiny plastic upper rather than a ‘fabricy’ one).

slainte 8) rob

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Flat shoes for flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.