• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Firefox issues anyone?
  • Mounty_73

Does anybody else have issues with STW on Firefox. It just hangs and a message pops up about debugging and continuing or stopping a script.

It seems to be happening quite a lot recently….

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Not here

downhilldave

Fine here too.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yes, I was getting it fairly often with multiple tabs open. It’s a flash issue though, if you disable flash player the issue goes away.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I also have this problem. I need Flash though to run other things related to work.

Bimbler
    Free Member

You could try using NoScript or other script blockers, then you can pick and choose which scripts run on which pages.

Mounty_73

I did wonder if it was flash or another add on issue. I have disabled flash now and see what happens….

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have disabled flash now and see what happens….

You won’t get the issue.

Cougar

I also have this problem. I need Flash though to run other things related to work.

In Chrome you can set plug-ins not to autorun, no third party add-ons necessary. It’s what I do to stop auto-playing videos, presumably there’s a similar option in Firefox.

Mounty_73

You won’t get the issue.

Spot on, it seems to working much better.

paul21
    Free Member

nope, no issues here. try reinstalling firefox.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

is it just firefox?

my comp at work, IE10 (latest version) just crashes and crashes and every page takes ages to load up

yet absolutely every other website works fine!? is it all the adverts or something on, its almost unbearable logging into this site for me at the min

seems a little better on edge, but not much, again no issues on any other websites

mrlugz
    Free Member

Firefox devouring memory more than usual with forum pages open. few crashes, ages to load.

IE 11 a lot better.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Firefox beta has just been updated to include Electrolysis which enables multiprocess support. While this may actually help prevent crashes [from one page affecting another] it will also use more RAM like Chrome.

Mounty_73

For me it only seems to be the STW site, its awful for loading, editing etc, but it was driving me nuts!

I started using Chrome and MS Edge, it was the same problem, only not as bad as Firefox.

I have completely removed Flash from the computer and it all seems to be working ok on all three browsers.

STW on Firefox is still a bit slow at loading up the pages, something appears to hang, seen in the bottom left corner.

Moses

As per Cougar’s advice, changing the Flash plugin on the Firefox /Tools /Plugins seems to have worked for me.
    Great. That thing had been annoying me for weeks

mrlugz
    Free Member

Weirdly, firefox decided to forget all of my bookmarks today,but forum is no longer running like poo for me.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Weirdly, firefox decided to forget all of my bookmarks today

And firefox decided to remove all my pinned tabs today. Very odd, although it does do that very occasionally.

PJay
    Free Member

I can’t help with Firefox, but the Singletrack site regularly crashes Chrome’s Flash plugin for me.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Firefox issues anyone?’ is closed to new replies.