Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Finally – new truck….
  • Some of you will remember my deliberations after my Navara got written off – yellow Transit’s, Isuzu pick-up’s, VW Transporters etc…

Finally settled on another Navara – 3.0l V6 auto – 230bhp (same mpg as my old 2.5l manual) – leather, climate, sat-nav, sunroof, Bose sound etc, etc and got over £3k off the screen price. Plenty of haters, but nothing out there to beat them as far as pick-up’s go from my experience.

Gunz
    Free Member

Seems a shame they slope the back and lose all the lugging space there.

andyl
    Free Member

Sorry, in the hater camp.

That back makes it look like a Humvee wannabe.

geoffj

Nicer than the tranny and ANY T5

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Does that say ‘outlaw’ on the back of it?

You’ll be needin’ a gun rack!

Harry_the_Spider

I like ’em.

bearnecessities

Approve.

You were trolling with that transit weren’t you?? 😉

It’s the same back as I had on my old one – serves its purpose.

Outlaw will be coming off 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s not the biggest truck I have seen today…

CountZero

@jamie – 😯

andyl
    Free Member

Why does that pic make me think of a skinny dude giving his really fat girlfriend a piggy back?

(I have just opened a surprisingly nice bottle of red and slurped 2 glasses before eating)

Jamie
    Free Member

Pic was on Twitter with the following tagline:

‘Beats By Dre’

8)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Does it have proper suspension at the back, or 19th century leaf spring technology?

Do you live on a farm and use it to farm your land?

tymbian
    Free Member

Have they sorted out the big-end trouble that the earlier d22s had?

hot_fiat

Have they sorted out the big-end trouble that the earlier d22s had?

And this?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Me likey. Not keen on the lid though.

Fancied one but went for a Ranger in the end. Wouldn’t have anything but a truck now.

Not much else can carry 5 adults in relative luxury, tow 3 tonnes regularly and double up as a shooting wagon.

anagallis_arvensis

Glad you like it, but jesus my eyes. Looks like the back end was added as an afterthought by a drunk

emsz
    Free Member

ha ha those are such extensions

they all have really ridiculously macho names as well, Defender, Robber Baron, Ninja. That sort of thing

burko73

It’s a nice truck but that canopy thing looks awful. I just don’t understand buying a pickup and then essentially trying to turn it into a vauxhall Astra gti.

When I say awful, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that but that really is just wrong on that truck. Sorry.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That would be no use to me whatsoever, wouldn’t be able to get my sea fishing rods in! ( I assume there’s a window between the back of the cab & the ‘boot’?)

No likey.

epicyclo

emsz – Member
    ha ha those are such extensions

they all have really ridiculously macho names as well, Defender, Robber Baron, Ninja. That sort of thing

You’d giggle at the Mitsubishi Pajero then.

Sold in Oz to chaps with a deficit. (Everyone knows you really need a Toyota trayback to cart your hunting dogs).

I’ll let you discover what a Pajero is. Doesn’t seem to have affected their popularity in Oz though.

I suppose one should train for one’s favourite sport. 🙂

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

A midlife crisis on steroids.
    Why not get an Ifor Evans galvanised lid for the rear? ‘twould certainly make it more useful.
    There’s not a single straight line on the truck, yet the lid is just straight lines and sharp angles.
    Both designed by blind men.

33tango

Better than the other monstrosities you were considering! Please call it “Pussy Wagon”!

takisawa2

It’s a beast. 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

Lol at the haterz but they are a good motor for the intended purpose. My old man has just bought an older diesel one to replace a Land rover that was needing fixing all the time, it’s far more comfortable (now he has fitted the up rated springs at the back so it sits in the springy/active bit of travel ) for a leaf sprung rear the ride isn’t too bad.
    It’s perfect for shooting, lugging chainsaws and logs and a an on-site welder/generator around. I now get to sit on a proper seat on shoots instead of a sack of corn in the back of a Swb land rover.

Big end problems went away with the D22, clutch and half shaft issues went away with the early D40’s. I’m used to leaf springs – having a tonne load capacity calls for them – remember, I had one of these before and loved it.

As for NCAP – I didn’t feel a thing…. 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nVCPWF]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

tymbian
    Free Member

I’ve an earlier (’96) D21With a full cab and 7′ bed.

Oh go on then…..

Normally seen in Africa With a maschine-gun mounted on the back…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Drove the anorak the other day, proper suspension is rather nice but it steered like a typical barge. Always liked the navara, good choice. You getting the tent kit artist?

deepreddave
    Free Member

Has a designer owned up to that? It looks from the side like the back end of a Range Rover Ewok has been grafted on imho. What was the brief to end up with that?

OP – hope you enjoy it and glad you survived the loss of the last one ok.

wrecker
    Free Member

WHY GOD WHY?
    all of those lovely vans, then you get a watered down little pick up wannabe.

konabunny
    Free Member

fugly canopy. simply vile.

deepreddave
    Free Member

tymbian – did you buy it from a freedom fighter or are you one? 😉

Lolz ^^

My old one, so I know exactly what I’m letting myself in for…

andyl
    Free Member

I thought you had to have a light coloured one for work?

I ought to really, but can get away with sticking yellow stripes down the side

womble72
    Free Member

It looks like it’s been rear-ended by one of these

I love that RR Sport

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I love my navara, especially the kit inside and sun roof, don’t think I’ve had a sun roof since the 1980’s when they went thru a period of being pretty standard. Fairly pokey engine in mine as well
    Have to agree with people about the rear cover, don’t think they look nice at all.

PS I thought they only came in tekna and acenta flavour now?

deepreddave
    Free Member

That Range Rover would be ok if it wasn’t the result of a cut n shut using the back end of a Navara pick up….

Jamie
    Free Member

Fixed, shoddily, for all the haterz…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Finally – new truck….’ is closed to new replies.