• This topic has 106 replies, 100 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Earl.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)
  • Fighting cancer…today is tough
  • nonk
    Free Member

reading your post mate it clearly is not going to beat you.
    good luck man.

stick_man

This sort of thing really puts everything else in perspective.

Hope it turns out well for you.

emsz
    Free Member

hope it all goes well, the bit where you want to go to yours son’s dance made me cry.

*hugs*

lots and lots of them

instanthit
    Free Member

Lots of positve thoughts being sent your way. Keep strong. Love and light.

spacemonkey

I don’t find it easy to articulate my thoughts in these types of thread, so all I’ll say is keep your spirit and energy and beat this shit. You know you can.

And take note of Bullheart’s experience.

jimmy

Good luck with it, sounds like you’re in excellent hands. But… piss off making me tearful at work!

nickf
    Free Member

Thoughts are with you, and hats off for the way you’ve described it.

Have lost a neighbour to pancreatic cancer this week, and have a colleague struggling with leukemia. The first was accepting of the situation and succumbed pretty quickly. The second is doing the best he can, but he’s somewhat fatalistic, has led a sedentary life and is very unfit. He’s not got a great prognosis.

I’ve also seen someone I respect enormously absolutely refuse to give in, and treat this as a challenge to be overcome. He’s still with us, still treating the illness with maximum aggression. Actually, he’s treating everything with maximum aggression, but then that’s just him.

You’re going about it the same way, I think; treat the illness as something to beat, and focus on not giving up. It’ll be a big climb, as you say.

Sounds like you’d be available for Mayhem 2012, so put it in your diary now. Happy to ride with you, so long as you’re not too fast!

v8ninety

Jeez. Good luck bloke.

LardLover
    Free Member

I don’t know you, but my thoughts are with you.

Hope all goes well.

Cabri
    Free Member

I’ve never contributed to a thread like this, feeling that there’s always someone else to write what I want to say. I wish you all the best in your fight against this horrible disease. Tears are in my eyes, cos I feel guilty cos I’ve a damaged thumb and can’t do much. Some things just seem irrelevent at times, compared to others.

With all the others like me who would like to write but can’t find the right words without waffling on. Just….Good luck,

Glenys xx

toonfan
    Free Member

Good luck man.. I hope it all works out for you.

mcboo
    Free Member

Really beautifully written, very best of luck to you. Keep us up to date please.

samuri
    Free Member

Very well written that. Brought a tear to me eye.

Good luck. Try and stay positive, many people do get through these things remarkabley well nowadays.

clareymorris

With this lot behind you that cancer has NO chance…..!

Keep strong keep fighting x

bullheart
    Free Member

What are you doing on Monday?

Fancy a ride?

Let me know…

Diane
    Free Member

YGM! Look what Bullheart achieved! We’ll be here.

vinnyeh

Your post bought a wee tear here, as well. Good luck.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

yup – lump in throat at work here. fingers crossed here. I’m actually in awe of people like you and bullheart. I really don’t think I’d have the strength.

rooting for you.

_tom_
    Free Member

Not sure what to say other than whats already been said. Good luck and kick cancer’s arse!

HermanShake
    Free Member

I admire your strength, despite the situation you are keeping a level head and appreciating the family support around you.

Additionally for the doctor to be enthusiastic about treatment is a really positive sign, they tend to be sparing with this sort of information.

Keep the pedals spinning, lean into the bastard and get up it! You’ll have to update us on your son’s performance too 😀

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Its a shame you married mate, a good scar is always good for pulling…

I had a couple of rounds with the big C in my early 20’s, but I’m struggling to put myself in your shoes. I was so young when I had it that I never questioned that I would get through it, even after getting it for a second time. I know I would finded it harder now (we seem to be the same age) but I’m sure your wife and son will more than make up for stupid young man bravardo. Just make sure there is somebody to suport them as I still believe in many ways its harder on them than it is on you.

Now continue to MTFU and beat the shit out of it. And remember that we are always here when it gets shitty and you need a moan (cos it will and you’ll need to).

Good luck mate.

scaredypants

Ah, I see it’s all been said

Well done everyone

and good luck OP – COME ON, CAKEFEST !!!!!

hunterst
    Free Member

None of us know what’s around the corner.

Good luck and keep positive man

z1ppy

Just spoken to my dad, his stomach cancer being zapped by chemo, though its spread to his liver, they hope to get that too with more chemo. Uncles prostate cancer is hopefully under control too.

After nearly 40 years of no personal contact with cancer, it very scary having it affect those close to you.
    I can’t even start to imagine what you feel like, good luck and all the best m8.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Best of luck with everything. Here’s to hearing another STWer beating this.

Karinofnine

Made me cry. Good luck and keep positive.

Hugs for you and your family.

Kxxx

bigdaddy

Keep strong and positive mate, and when its hard, tell your loved ones so they can support you. Keep as physically fit and strong as you can, keep riding and getting out there, and let us know how you go. Your son’s performance is a great target, make sure you’re there…

headfirst
    Free Member

Tough times ahead…the very best of luck to you and yours.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Beautiful words.

Another one here looking forward to keeping you company on the climb ahead.

Schweiz

bigthunder
    Free Member

I liked what Mr T said about cancer – “I kicked ass in the hood,I kicked ass in the army now Im gonna kick cancers ass”. He also said that after helping lots of sick kids when he was really famous that he felt that helped him also. T is the man.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Good luck, best wishes from the Coffee camp.

mav12
    Free Member

good luck wish you well

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Good luck dude, keep positive and eat plenty of cake!

stratobiker
    Free Member

I wish you courage, focus, determination. You’ve got tough days ahead, but you also have good reason to prevail.

C’mom cakefest.

SB

chipsngravy
    Free Member

You’re strong and you’ll beat it.

makkag
    Free Member

Life is utimately just gonna throw shit at you . you’ve two choices

Get busy Living or Get busy Dieing

You chose the right option, Stay Strong and kick its Arse !

singletrackmind

I think as a ‘sportsman’ you are well equipped to take on this challenge.
    You will , through cycling , have a good base level of fitness . You will be able to push a bit harder , for abit longer and go that bit further than most .
    No quitting . No prisoners . Do what you have to do and get well .
    If you need support or a rant bring it here . There are alot of good listeners , and a few who have had similar experiences .
    Keep us updated . Now start practising those ninja moves..

totalshell

keep pushing. the climb is long and hard but the view from the top when you get there is worth it..

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Everyone’s said it far more eloquently than i, so i’ll simply say how moving was your post and how strong a sense of victory i gained from it.

I wish you and your family nothing but warm thoughts and courage for your fight to come.

LimboJimbo

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Fighting cancer…today is tough’ is closed to new replies.