Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Festivals This Summer – Which ones are you attending?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Kinda wish I'd been to Glastonbury but it's Latitude for me this year, like last – only two weeks away now 🙂

There have been a few already. Which ones are you going to? Which ones have you already been to?

Top tips?

the-muffin-man

Whatstandwell Festival tomorrow night – it rocks!!!!

wombat
    ben
    Free Member

Off to beatherder this weekend.. :O)

docrobster
    Free Member

Latitude, assuming tickets arrive- three weeks to go, no sign yet 🙁

Edit: 2 weeks to go! come on viagogo, sort it out

yunki
    Free Member

I would haved been going to many but with a 9 month old baby in tow It's going to have to be a very different approach this year..

We'll be attending Beautiful Days down in deepest Devon.. the Levellers very own festival.. very clean and safe and family orientated with a host of fantastic bands but no chart topping pop acts to speak of.. James headlining too which will be ace for the SO.. The Wailers with Dreadzone and a host of other small acts for me..

my top tip.. In the wise and immortal words of Hunter S Thompson.. 'I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol or insanity… but they've always worked for me..'

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yay…another Latitudiner 🙂

three weeks to go

It's two isn't it? 😯

They're shocking at getting the tickets out on time…don't worry, they'll come (as long as you used a reputable ticket seller, that is).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol

Yeah, me too. Since giving up the tabs, even a joint might send me back into nicotine hell so I'm thinking Hash Cakes…anyone got any good recipes? Does one use the brown oxo-cube type stuff or the green stuff? (I'm not very drug literate 🙂 )

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

V, but only because it's just round the corner. Would have preferred Sonosphere, but dates don't work for us 😥

docrobster
    Free Member

It's two isn't it?

Yes you're right! edited my post.
    I remember last year they came last minute.
    unfortunately this yr I cocked up and didn't get tickets till they'd sold out so had to pay way over the odds for them off viagogo, hence a bit nervous now
    Really want to see Florence live, had such a great time last year

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Really want to see Florence live, had such a great time last year

Yep me too…just looked at photos of me during The Doves…fantastic set. Hope weather's a bit warmer this year. I'm bringing a wheelbarrow strapped to the roofrack this year – two trips last year damn near killed me 🙂

docrobster
    Free Member

I'm bringing a wheelbarrow strapped to the roofrack this year

these are quite handy and pack down small:

Two trips- blimey you were efficient- I'm sure I walked up and down that hill half a dozen times!
    This year we are doing smaller tent and much less paraphernalia!
    Unfortunatley can't get monday off work this time though so got to drive back to Sheffield sunday night- am I so not looking forward to that!

yunki
    Free Member

Really want to see Florence live

Are you referring to Florence and the Machine? If so then I fear that you are in for a bitter disappointment if her Glastonbury performance was anything to go by.

A self indulgent hag tunelessly caterwauling meaningless drivel accompanied by some music.

dan74
    Free Member

Yunki
    Here here can't stand the droning bint

toby1

Lattitde for me too – first visit to a festival in 10 years! I'm not holding high hopes for florence live, recorded I quite like her though.

chakaping
    Free Member

A self indulgent hag tunelessly caterwauling meaningless drivel accompanied by some music.

You should get a job writing for the NME.

I'd start buying it again then.

warton
    Free Member

Mouth of the Tyne festival tomorrow, does that count?

docrobster
    Free Member

Each to their own. I like her album. She does seem to be getting a bit over exposed at the moment- on stage with dizee, the XX, etc last weekend.
    Belle and Sebastien will be interesting on sat night- can't see their fey indie mellowness coming over that well on a big stage.
    The best thing about festivals is the surprise good act. I was blown away by the gossip last yr, having always considered beth ditto to be just a fat lass who shouts- she can really sing, and golden silvers were really good too.
    My 9 yr old is especially looking forward to vampire weekend on sunday, I will probably have the pleasure of him on my shoulders for the whole set, same as last yr for mika. I've seen VW live before and wasn't impressed, hey ho!
    But at least he has better taste than his older sister who prefers cheryl cole and alexandra burke!

verses

Pearl Jam at Hyde Park Calling last week!
    Saturday-only at Latitude in 2 weeks.

marc
    Free Member

I'm hoping to get to Beautiful Days, but things ain't looking too bright at the moment.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Belle and Sebastien will be interesting on sat night- can't see their fey indie mellowness coming over that well on a big stage.

My worry too…I think I will devote Saturday night to exploring other stages, and the comedy/film tents.

Latitude is so ace with all the stuff going on in the woods. We're going with friends with triplets – so we can steal a child to get into family camping – warm running water, proper toilets…. 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

dizzee.. florence.. probably belle and sebastian too but I can't quite remember (not surprising really).. all mercury prize winners..

excuse me if I don't like my taste spoonfed to me by industry marketeers..

had anyone actually heard of flo or dizzee or b and s before the mercury marketing campaign started precisely one year before their win?

blue stripe tesco value music.. it's no wonder 'da youf' feel it necessary to get smashed out of their fluttering eyelids on plant food and white cider.. anything to make the tedius corruption slightly more palatable

all that aside… I was only critising florences glasto2010 appearance which was actually dire.. even my other half had to switch over and she loves pop..

votchy
    Free Member

Godiva festival in Coventry tomorrow, free entry, music includes Ash, Badly Drawn Boy, Cornershop, Senser, Bentley Rhythm Ace. For those of an eighties orientation todays line up at Godiva is The Christians, Martin Fry, Kid Creole and Hazel Oconnor. Also doing just Sunday at Sonisphere – Come on you Irons!!!

Having seen Glastonbury on TV seems to have developed in to middle class, middle aged corporate drivel with only Muse, Slash, Dizzee Rascal, Ray Davies and Rolf Harris the only acts worth seeing over the three days.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Christians

Ah…memories…saw them live at a gig in the late eighties at Uni.

Kid Creole

😯 Wot, no coconuts?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

nice rack though

yunki
    Free Member

seems to have developed in to middle class, middle aged corporate drivel

you know what… I've thought that for the last 15 years.. but looking again.. there's a lot of teenagers that are the product of middle aged.. middle class.. corporate drivel that will actually get close enough to touch something different and alternative and gut wrenchingly real and emotional when you read between the lines and look into the nooks and crannies of what they will be exposed to at Glastonbury..

I'm starting to think that it's found a useful purpose after all..

docrobster
    Free Member

excuse me if I don't like my taste spoonfed to me by industry marketeers..

ouch!
    welcome to the modern world (TM paul weller 1977)

docrobster
    Free Member

Muse, Slash, Dizzee Rascal, Ray Davies and Rolf Harris the only acts worth seeing over the three days

Never quite understood muse, seeing glasto footage just confirms that view

yunki
    Free Member

what a catalyst you turned out to be.. loaded the guns and then you run off home for your tea.. left me standing.. like a guilty schoolboy

(paul weller probably '77 ish too)

It's easy to qoute irrelevant jam lyrics

docrobster
    Free Member

so it would seem 😐

yunki
    Free Member

sorry docrobster

Cougar

Sonisphere's our next festival, did Download last month. \o/

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Well I am going to a Festival with Live Music, Real Ale and Mountain Bikes!

Guess which one that is.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Guess which one that is.

Not a clue…I think it might be the Big Bike Bash is it? Which I heard was shite anyway…

🙂

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Which I heard was shite anyway…

That was just sour grapes from those who didn't make it. 😉

Check out some feedback from last year

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/big-bike-bash-if-youre-not-there

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hmmmm…

Very positive!

When is it again?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member
    joemarshall
    Free Member

Once our kid is old enough to sensibly take with us (so not this year), we plan to go to this:

What more could you want, indie music, trains and real ale!

Joe

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

What about music, real ale, bikes AND free viewing of the Bournemouth international Airshow?

We had the Red Arrows do a formation fly by at the start of prize giving last year.

glenp
    Free Member

Cambridge Folk Festival again for us. Great event. Would have gone to Glastonbury, but too slow getting tickets.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Festivals This Summer – Which ones are you attending?’ is closed to new replies.