Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • "Fatter" cross tyres? 38=40mm?
  • velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve got a Giant TCX SLR1, running 35mm Schwalbe cross tyres. I’m wondering if I can get something a little bigger in there – I reckon up to 38 or maybe 40mm would fit but I can’t find anything online at that kind of width – anyone already found something along these lines??

Thanks

wwaswas

WTB Nano Race is a 40mm cross tyre.

daver27
    Free Member

I know they are out of stock, but these are awesome

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/wtb-nano-race-cyclo-cross-tyre-2014/rp-prod121980

EDIT: Beaten to it!

Rorschach
    Free Member
    eddie11
    Free Member

Clement? They do some bigger stuff but they use a funny ruler and the 33c tyres come up big

Rorschach
    Free Member

I had clement MSO explorers and they were hooge.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I fitted a pair of Smart Sam’s for a while, definitely allowed the bike to do substantially more.

acjim
    Free Member

conti cross rides are ok for a cheap version
    http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle/ti%20cross%20ride.shtml

big anyway!

BadlyWiredDog

Bontrager does a 38mm version of its CX0 which is pretty quick and reasonably grippy on medium to firm surfaces. I tried Smart Sams a few years back and they felt a bit draggy to me.

jameso

Those Conti CrossRides are pretty good, they’re not true 42Cs though, more like a 37 so they do fit most / all bikes. Good tread for dirt.

The Nano Race 40C is the winner though, great all-conditions tyre, impressed with it even in the mud.

matts
    Free Member

Depending on clearance, Surly Knard comes in a 41.

velocipede
    Free Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys – the Nano race sound like the one – trouble is they’re not in stock until March at CRC and I haven’t found any elsewhere yet – if anyone reading this knows where I can find some, let me know 😀

ceepers

http://www.acycles.co.uk/schwalbe-cx-comp-cyclocross-rigid-tyre-4232.html?utm_source=google_produit_cpc&gclid=COjbieT7jsMCFauWtAod_XcAUA#null

These in 700 x 38 are good for the price. I have 32 clement xplor too, the schwalbes are faster/ grip pier off road, a little slower on

Spin
    Free Member

Smart Sams. They’re pretty low tech but grip well, last well, don’t cost much and are available in 35/40/45.

1-shed
    Free Member
    epicyclo

Surly Knards?

ken_shields
    Free Member

Velocipede

I’ve just ordered Nano’s from Jenson USA

johnnystorm

OnOne Gravel road. 33 & 40 with 120tpi carcass for £15 each. Bloody bargain.

*edit* twenty quid now. Still worth it!

wwaswas

Gravel Road’s in 40 still out of stock, too 🙁

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘"Fatter" cross tyres? 38=40mm?’ is closed to new replies.