Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • "Fat people are fair game for everyone"
  • Dougal
    Free Member

Maybe if they lost weight they could chase the abusers and give them a good thumping. Oh wait…

iDave
    Free Member

wouldn't they prefer to lose weight and not be fair game?

wwaswas

"60% of adults are overweight and 26% are obese
    28% of children are overweight and 15% are obese"

so if 6 out of 10 adults are porkers why aren't they waddling around poking fun at the rest of the population?

Can you persecute a majority?

(not condoning violence or name calling though, and yes I added 'waddling' deliberatly).

AndyP
    Free Member

f*ck's sake. Over-sensitive porkers giving the rest of us tubby bitches a bad name. Bring the abuse on, I'm too busy eating lard to notice.

Stoner
    Free Member

The perception that excess weight is largely down to a lack of self-control annoys many overweight people. They say it results in them being associated with laziness and greed, neither of which people like.

yep.

"We're simply not all built to be slim, our genetic make-ups are all different."

Maybe, but it's not an excuse to go seeking bifferdom is it?

ton

keeping a close eye on this….
    cos people in glass houses should not throw sticks remember.. 😡

wwaswas

"We're simply not all built to be slim, our genetic make-ups are all different."

to quote Lenny Henry;

"There's never a fat one at the back in Ethiopia saying 'It's me genes, you know'"

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

f*ck's sake. Over-sensitive porkers giving the rest of us tubby bitches a bad name. Bring the abuse on, I'm too busy eating lard to notice.

LOL! That's the tone for the thread set nicely! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I'm not fat i am big boned.

ton

i am very big boned…………ask your wives and mothers….. 😯

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I used to think it was OK to tease them about but now I consider it to be a cheap shot 🙁

bigsi
    Free Member

I'm fat and any one who don't like it can eat my shorts, unless i get there first 😳

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I am fat. I like pies. I like riding bikes so I can eat more pies. If you don't want people taking the p!ss then stop eating pies fatty.

Olly
    Free Member

its the excuses that bug me:

"i cant help it its glandular"
    or
    "its in my genes"

if someone were to say "im a bigger fellow and im totally happy with that, screw you bulimia boy"

then thats fine, its a life choice, like smoking or drinking, or driving, or bumming or mountain biking or whatever.
    good luck to you

i dont get people who "cant loose weight"
    my dad "cant loose weight" and "i dont have biscuits in the house, snaking makes me fat"

but i buy a loaf of bread whenever i go home, (as he doesnt have bread either, too many carbs) and i promise you, its gone, in a day. through "the odd bit of toast"

i honestly dont know if he knows hes doing it.
    makes me quite sad 🙁

simple equation in my mind, food goes in, stored as fat.
    less food goes in, food not stored as fat

PUT DOWN…. THE FORK.

easy for me to say with my metabolism set to "disco" permenantly

ton

easy for me to say with my metabolism set to "disco" permenantly

daft lad………..metabolism has **** all to do with us being fat, it is just too much food.

djglover
    Free Member

Cowards, whats wrong with picking on snooty one one fan boy real estate analysts?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is the lifestyle choice of bumming a reference to tramps?

david_r
    Free Member

My favourite….its water retention!

Errr no, its chip retention you fat sweaty wobbly bastard.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i'm a skinny wretch of a man, purely in the interests of science i've been subjecting myself to a scientific experiment; for the last 30 years i've been eating pies, and cheese, and chips, some more pies. cake, lots of cake. 2 sugars in my tea, a choclately snack for elevenses, more cake. and pies.

i'm 6' 2", 12stone, and i really don't do much exercise.

it's easy for me to mock 'fatties' but i'm living proof that there's more to all this than simply 'eat less move more'

grumm
    Free Member

I'm a fattie – and I don't really mind good-natured piss-taking about it. However, a lot of the smug body-fascism on display on this site doesn't really fall into that category.

I used to be pretty overweight, and got into biking and climbing and lost a load of it – got to the point where I was reasonably trim and fit. I've been pretty ill for a lot of the last year and unable to do half as much exercise and have since put a fair bit of it back on. So yeah ultimately it still comes down to self-control and calories in/out – but I've found it pretty hard when sat around, feeling bored and depressed.

And despite being fat and ill, I'm still fitter than the majority of people I know/work with. People tend to assume that if they aren't overweight then they are fit and healthy, even if they do bugger all exercise.

ton

i ride every single day 12 mile commute, i ride 1 night ride a week, and i ride 2 full day sunday rides a month
    i do not eat a lot of high fat food, no pies, crisps, not too much cakes and bums.
    i do eat a fair bit of white bread.
    i weigh 21 stone.
    what am i doing wrong, but i do not want to lose loads of weight either cos i am pretty happt and can ride a fair bit for a big fat bloke
    but what am i doing wrong if i wanted to lose weight.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

This may come as a bit of a shock, but I agree with ton – as a bit of a porker myself, I can assure everyone that it has nothing to do with my metabolism or genetic make up. No, I'm festively plump because I eat too much stuff that's bad for me, and I don't do enough exercise. No excuses, and to be perfectly frank, I don't give a fiddler's **** what anyone thinks. Peace out, now where did I put them hob-nobs?

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

Excellent idea as obviously there are no existing laws to protect anyone from being physically attacked at random by crazy people.

Just a thought, but if you want people to be blind to your "differences", it's probably a good first step not to ask for special treatment because of your "differences"?

jon1973
    Free Member

daft lad………..metabolism has **** all to do with us being fat, it is just too much food.

not sure that's true. I eat shed loads and I'm not fat. I think some people put on weight more than others, so two people eating the same food will gain wait (or not) at different rates, so there must be more to it.

badfink
    Free Member

Depends what you class as overweight though, innit?

I'm nigh on 17 stone, 6'4", and have no beer belly in sight, yet the BMI index insists I'm well into the overweight category. 🙄

If I really, really dieted like crazy, I could probably hit 16 stone, but then I;d still be classed as overweight, and decidedly more miserable to boot.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i'm living proof that there's more to all this than simply 'eat less move more'

I'm the same, for my first 5 decades I could unconditionally eat whatever I liked and my weight stayed a constant BMI 21.5. Perhaps if I'd eaten more than necessary I became hyperactive ? In latter years my weight has started to increase 🙁

ton

jon1973 , i was kidding mate, missed one of these 😉

someone on here will probably come up with ' it is nothing to do with metabolism'
    but anyone with a ounce of knowledge knows that it is to do with metabolism.

ransos
    Free Member

The thing is, we all eat more calories than we actually need, so it's a bit rich to slag off fat people for eating too much.

And metabolism does make a difference – my weight never really varies regardless of diet and exercise. Another person living the same lifestyle as me could be a complete heffer as a result.

woody2000

Ton – do a food diary and be 100% honest with yourself. Add up the calorie values of everything you eat & drink and see what it comes to – you'll be surprised!

Most peoples problem is creeping weight gain; a general tendency to eat slightly more than you need, then as you get older activity rates (generally) drop and the gain increases and is harder to lose.

jon1973
    Free Member

ah! the wink ! I get it now 😆

It's glandular anyway – the mouth gland is bigger than the arse gland.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

LOL.
    Im fat so what..
    Its my glands ??

LOL
    so ive stopped eating Glands Then lol

BigDummy
    Free Member

As we went over last week.

– Punching someone because they're fat and you don't like it is pathetic behaviour.

most larger people could get considerably thinner if they were seriously bothered about it.

– being somewhat smaller would have some advantages for the majority of larger people.

– this means that being large is not really the same as being black or gay.

– it is difficult to come up with a reason why larger people need special legal protection for their status, other than that they don't like being punched.

– generally, mocking people is mean and should happen less.

– all the psychology in that article is interesting, and I'm sure people who attack larger people for no better reason than they don't like them being fat are much more screwed up than the people they're attacking. The fact that skinny people are afraid of being fat doesn't necessarily make being big either healthy or attractive. Again, this is no reason to punch them.

but what am i doing wrong if i wanted to lose weight.

Ton, you actually bothered to post last week about how you were inserting a bag of fish and chips into your head because it was Friday. That would have pretty much used up your weight-watchers points for the day. I suspect you weren't counting. I've watched people shed 50% of their bodyweight doing weight-watchers. It has a major effect on what you eat, and is exactly no fun at all. 😉

IdleJon

And once again everyone puts it down to 'eating' too much.

'Consuming' too much would be a better term since the problem for a huge amount of people is simply too much high calorie alcohol.

8 pints a week is almost 2000 calories – most people don't come close to using those extra 2000 calories. That's pretty much a whole days worth of calories for a sedentary person.

How many posters on here know of very obese people who don't eat a huge amount but can knock back 7 or 8 pints without if affecting them? And do on a regular basis?

Add that to a few Cokes per week, a Starbucks coffee*, maybe the odd chocolate bar.

The problem for the general population isn't metabolism, or deliberate over-eating. The problem is that most people mislead themselves that they don't consume many calories when exactly the opposite is true.

*Starbucks flavoured water contains in the region of 140 calories. That's right – WATER!

ton

bd, i had special k for breakfast on that day…….. 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

barnsleymitch:

This may come as a bit of a shock, but I agree with ton – as a bit of a porker myself, I can assure everyone that it has nothing to do with my metabolism or genetic make up. No, I'm festively plump because I eat too much stuff that's bad for me, and I don't do enough exercise. No excuses, and to be perfectly frank, I don't give a fiddler's **** what anyone thinks. Peace out, now where did I put them hob-nobs?

Write that lot up in a manifesto and i will vote for you sir!

uplink
    Free Member

someone on here will probably come up with ' it is nothing to do with metabolism'
    but anyone with a ounce of knowledge knows that it is to do with metabolism.

I spent 3 years unable to figure out why I struggled to keep my weight down.
    I got invited to the docs for tests 😯 etc. for my 50th birthday
    I was diagnosed with a seriously not working thyroid gland & immediately put on a very large dose of a hormone called Thyroxine, it took around 18 months for them to get the dosage right but since then I've not had any trouble keeping my weight reasonably stable.

HTTP404
    Free Member

People who exercise on a regular basis have a higher metabolic rate.
    I assume if you do this and are still fat you're probably eating too much.

Maybe some people have a ginetic make-up that makes them susceptible and compulsive to certain kinds of food.

But obviously to single them out for abuse is wrong…
    if you do it more than once.

belgianbob

Diet and exercise…
    My TWIN brother shares genes with me, so we should be very similar, you'd think. We were almost identical in build until our 30s, and I was the heavier of the two of us.

Now, though, he is fat.
    He eats take-aways, drinks alcohol most nights, does very little exercise and drives everywhere.

I'm not fat, although I have had to struggle with my spare tyre like most men in their late 30s.
    I eat little meat, cheese or fried food, don't drink much alcohol and as I no longer own a car, use a bicycle for 90% of my journeys (including going to the gym.)

I don't think our differing lifestyles and subsequent body shapes are due to coincidence.

Do I tease him about it? No, of course not. He's still my brother.

sq225917
    Free Member

it's political correctness gone mad, one minute you can't use the N word any more and before you know where you are you'll be in prison for calling some bird with big-tits Fair instead of Blonde.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘"Fat people are fair game for everyone"’ is closed to new replies.