• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by J0N.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Experiences of Mabie Darkside trail..?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Please share them? Cheers 🙂

Retrodirect
    Free Member

i fell off loads but it was brilliant.

stuartm555
    Free Member

I remember wishing I had flats on!

13thfloormonk

Was surprised how much my ‘riding along kerbs’ practice helped! Still fell off here and there, if you’re in SPDs, get very good at the double-unclip-and-vault manouvre, saved me a few nasty ones!

Diane
    Free Member

I looked at it from the lane last weekend

plumber
    Free Member

bonkers but a good walk with the bike

bri-72

Aye, very good walk

simonralli2
    Free Member

I bottled out of even trying that first plank before it really begins – the one you try out to see if you should be riding it.

However, I really should give it a go, just to say I have done it, even if the reality is 99% walking.

messiah
    Free Member

Been a few years since was last there but I found it great fun. Luckily it was a dry day and hence there were only a couple of bits I failed to clear. Some of the other folks I was with hated it despite being very good riders – it is certainly challenging and to make the most of it some good “trialz” skills and excellent low speed ballance are required. Get some practice :mrgreen:

7hz
    Free Member

Where is a good place to get practice for it? Somewhere near Edinburgh?

messiah
    Free Member

Anywhere that you can ride along a kerb, hop up and down small steps, ride park benches and generally practice “trialz”.

Trekster

get some scaffolding planks, some building blocks and make your own practice area.
    Bit too windy today tho 🙄
    There us a log section in the skills area at Mabie and you could/should practice in Vaders Layer which has just had a makeover

Skills area skinny @ 2.47;http://wn.com/Mabie_Mini-X
    & the Dark side;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9dWo0I1o9s

J0N
    Free Member

It’s a good experience but learn how to get of the boarding safely, yourself and your bike. It’s not high but some of it is very skinny. A friend was unlucky enough to catch his disk rotor and bent it at 90deg along with some tangled limbs.
    It’s quite far away from the main trails.
    Have the qualifier sections that come down the hill been opened up/replaced?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Experiences of Mabie Darkside trail..?’ is closed to new replies.