Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Experience of Rose Bikes warranty?
  • dashed
    Free Member

Just sent a pair of XT brakes back that were leaking at the calliper end(well known fault apparently) and curious to hear of any RoseBike warranty experiences… Am I going to be without brakes for weeks??

Appreciate it is the risk you take buying in Europe (but they were very cheap!!) and just trying to manage my expectations. I rang Rose direct and they were very vague!

philtricklebank

I had same exactly same issue. The Rose side of things has been excellent. I sent the brakes back to Rose UK, good email communication. However the brakes were then sent on to Shimano UK and you can probably guess this went tits up from there.

Shimano UK didn’t replace, they refunded Rose, without telling them or me! After some chasing up it was decided that all SLX and XT brakes in UK and Europe were out of stock. I’m just waiting for the replacements to finally arrive about 3 months later! I believe though that this may have something to do with a hose/banjo/caliper redesign as the problems were so well documented, but I haven’t heard that in writing.

If replacement brakes are in stock you should be OK but use the Rose UK email contact Fin Paton.

mjrose
    Free Member

Similar issue here too. My xt’s went back to Germany, and yesterday I received the levers back, without the callipers, and randomly a saint rear brake (????). I’ve tried to contact rose again today with no joy… Weird.

allyharp

I sent back my front XT brake for the same problem. Rose were fast to respond and within a couple of days I had a replacement. Unfortunately I waited about 5 weeks before trying to refit this, when I discovered that they’d sent me a left hand lever front which of course I was of no use alongside my left for the rear!

I sent the whole unit back to them and they returned to me just a right hand lever with no calliper! To be fair they emailed me about this after they’d posted it, so sent a second package to follow behind it with the remaining hose & calliper. That does mean I have to fit & bleed it myself, which I intend to do tomorrow.

jota180
    Free Member

TBH – I’ve been close to clicking the ‘buy’ button for a Mr Big from them but the possible hassle that would ensue if it had to go back or be repaired is holding me back.

dashed
    Free Member

I did speak to Madison before sending them back and they were adamant they had to go back to Germany and couldn’t go back through a UK dealer. In hindsight I should have called in a bike shop favour ;o)

mjrose
    Free Member

Update – Rose bikes went out of their way in the end. Recommended.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Experience of Rose Bikes warranty?’ is closed to new replies.