Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Exercises for pregnant ladies
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience?

Just general light exercise, toning, strengthening that kind of thing. That you can do at home.

GW
    Free Member

shagging

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

General house work is always a good start.

philconsequence
    Free Member

pelvic volvic pick-ups

exactly how it sounds, use the vagina muscles to pick up a 5ltr bottle of volvic mineral water from the floor, repeat 120 times.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

use the vagina muscles to pick up a 5ltr bottle of volvic mineral water from the floor, repeat 120 times

I have something similar on one of hard drives somewhere.! 😳

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was going to say swimming, but I’m assuming you don’t have a 25m pool in your gaff…

Swimming is meant to be one of the best exercises for pregnant ladies though. The water supports the body weight and helps make movement easier and more comfortable. There’s a pregnant woman comes to my local pool regularly, and she looks fantastic, really healthy. She’s about 7-8 months gone at least, but still manages about 20-30 lengths or so.

So get yer missus to the local pool.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why can’t youse lot be respectful and helpful? 🙄

I can just imagine Mol;

‘Ear, love, this lot recommend you try picking up bottles of Volvic with yer Fou-Fou…’

He’ll get a heavy glass ashtray thrown at his head.

blades2000
    Free Member

My wife used a DVD called “complete pregnancy fitness with Erin O’brien” she really liked it and found it useful.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i reserve the right to not always be helpful, shiboleth’s gran fought in the war for my right to not always be helpful.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yoga/Pilates, though you’ll need to be selective with the moves.

whytetrash

Bike washing is pretty good 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Sexism in action. Don’t be crude about Mrs Grips please!

Yoga/Pilates, though you’ll need to be selective with the moves.

Yeah, google is a bit of a minefield of rubbish tho as is Amazon.

toppers3933
    Free Member

mrs toppers did yoga and swimming until a week or so before toppers jnr was born. right up to the point that she physically couldnt do it anymore. said it really helped her both mentally and physically.

crankboy
    Free Member

Crankygirl is going to a specific up the Duff Pilates class and enjoying it .

Holmesey
    Free Member

Mrs Holmesey just got various up the duff pilates vids through
    says they’re good

and swimming. most pools do ladies only sessions too

Jamie
    Free Member

Sexism in action. Don’t be crude about Mrs Grips please!

Riiiiight. Mrs Grips. Have the bigger boys been calling you pregnant again Molgrips?

Just pile drive them into the floor. That’ll teach ’em!

philconsequence
    Free Member

if anything im being sexist against men as i’ve recommended an exercise that can only be done by people with vaginas.

i’d give the same advise to my mother, she’d be wetting herself laughing (mainly due to poor pelvic floor muscles due to not doing my patented pelvic volvic pick-ups)

molgrips
    Free Member

GW was worst.

i’d give the same advise to my mother

You know your mother. Different. Plus this is a public forum.

samuri
    Free Member

He’ll get a heavy glass ashtray thrown at his head.

She’s pregnant, that’s going to happen anyway.

If he’s lucky he’ll be awake when she does it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

why would the fact its a public forum mean there’s something wrong with my post? your opening post didnt state you were looking for advice for your wife young man 🙄

most women i know have vaginas, they’re not rare scary mythical beasts that men aren’t meant to mention for fear of invoking their wrath and destruction upon the village people.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

most women i know have vaginas, they’re not rare scary mythical beasts that men aren’t meant to mention for fear of invoking their wrath and destruction upon the village people

Racist.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s what your post could mean to other readers. Vaginas are not scary but they are somewhat personal, no?

Anyway that is all I am going to say about it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Racist.

Homophobe.

j_me
    Free Member

Bike washing is pretty good

She can do it on the balcony to get some fresh air too 😉

Has she tried yoga?

Jamie
    Free Member

She can do it on the balcony to get some fresh air too

Won’t someone please think of the vaginas!

philconsequence
    Free Member

do not mention the appropriate medical term for the female reproductive hole jamie! it is however ok to refer to it as a “Fou-Fou” apparently.

Mol – is it worth maybe asking this over on mumsnet? i’d imagine by the name that there’s quite a few women on there who have been pregnant. western white middle-aged overweight IT workers tend not to be the best source of information on ladies i’ve noticed.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Won’t someone please think of the vaginas!

I do, all the time.

molgrips
    Free Member

Mol – is it worth maybe asking this over on mumsnet?

There are a lot of people interested in and/or qualified in fitness related pursuits on here though.

Did you check Mumsnet to see if I posted there too?

philconsequence
    Free Member

why would i check mumsnet? i was suggesting an idea not stating that you hadn’t already done so…. chill winston

Jamie
    Free Member

Did you check Mumsnet to see if I posted there too?

Well that didn’t take long.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am chilled.. but I am not asking mumsnet I am asking STW 🙂

I didn’t expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Jamie
    Free Member

I didn’t expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Well to be fair, nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

downshep

Self restraint would have been an appropriate exercise but it’s all a bit late now. 🙂

When Mrs Shep was with child, we tried doing pelvic floor exercises without raising our eyebrows. ‘Tis impossible I tells thee, go on try it.

Tasso
    Free Member

Well my SO was racing and doing quite well in the Marin Winter Series when she realised there was going to be a little Tasso along later in the year. So had a good nosey around tinterweb and asking many experts in sports science and the like what to do about training, when to stop etc.

Turns out that unsurprisingly there isn’t much real evidence to say what level or type of exercise is good/bad or just ok for preggers people. Prospective mums not being that keen on doing comparative trials to see what’s what.

The first two or three months are probably the most crucial but she continued training and racing through that time and was riding an MTB until very obviously pregnant. This included a tentative descent of the easier sections on the Grand St Bernard with Bike Verbier.

We both think that the high level of fitness helped no end come the birth but we had a few words when she fell off the MTB a few times and she eventually gave in and took it easy with some gentle cyclepath riding.

Ok my wife is probably an extreme basket case but yours should just do whatever she feels comfortable with doing. I’m sure her body will let her know when enough is enough.

I have to concur with GW’s original comment though – that can be as gentle or exuberant as you like and preferably it’s a shared experience good for you both 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lordy, this one’s gone wrong in’t it? 🙄

Geezer’s asked people not to be rude about his wife. Why can’t folk just respect that, say ‘sorry mate I was out of order din’t mean to offend’, and be done with it? No, they have to try to look clever…

molgrips
    Free Member

I have to concur with GW’s original comment though – that can be as gentle or exuberant as you like and preferably it’s a shared experience good for you both

Thanks for the relationship advice 🙂

mrsgrips
    Free Member

…his Mrs could just be reading all of your ‘thoughful’ responses…

Tasso
    Free Member

Congrats to the Grips family by the way – life changing but rewarding in so many ways and I never thought I’d be one to say that!

philconsequence
    Free Member

congrats mrsgrips! any chance you could have twins? i’d be really appreciative of anything that might possibly reduce the statistical possibility of mrsconsequence having twins!

mrsgrips
    Free Member

no sorry, tho it does run in our family I seem to have lucked out this time

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Exercises for pregnant ladies’ is closed to new replies.