Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Enduro World Series Gossip
  • kudos100
    Free Member

Impressed with Martin Maes. 16 years old, rides flat pedals and DH tyres and beat Dan Atherton.

Definitely one to watch.

JCL
    Free Member

Riding a transition with a lid half off isn’t the issue. Shuttling the shit out of the course before the race is. The rules need tightening up.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Going to try and do the races at Swinley and Aston Hill. I’m hoping that next year there will be a load more enduro races.

I don’t think the race at swinley will go ahead, If QECP one goes well in planning on running a 3 Race series in the South Downs for 2014.

kudos100
    Free Member

The rules need tightening up.

Yep, banning 29’ers for being bloody useless would be a good start.

justinbieber

I love the video clip of Barel chasing down Minaar and making him look like a Sunday driver

Link?

justinbieber

Good grief that’s rapid 🙂

mrplow
    Free Member

The unspoken issue is that barel uplifted the hell out of the trails weeks before the event with i-mtb. He then shuttled them to death for a week before the race. Peaty and lopes etc don’t feel this is fair. Funny as lopes chooses the trails for the one in the US. At least he did last year…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

” Shuttling the shit out of the course before the race is. “

They weren’t the only ones. Jared Graves has a moan about this on his blog. He resorted to partial uplifts in his car to stay in the game.

kudos100
    Free Member

The unspoken issue is that barel uplifted the hell out of the trails weeks before the event with i-mtb. He then shuttled them to death for a week before the race. Peaty and lopes etc don’t feel this is fair. Funny as lopes chooses the trails for the one in the US. At least he did last year…

Source?

ianv
    Free Member

I think it’s interesting that barel was riding with clemenz, who must have seen him, yet apparently said nothing even though it could have got him the win. Yet, a couple of guys that got their asses well whipped, and didn’t really feature in the results, are whining.

It seems really petty and smacks of badly bruised egos.

duntstick
    Free Member

Quite normal in France to stick the helmet on the bars or backpackpack for the ups.

Ruining the format with irrelevent bitching is tedious. People do try to check out the course here, beforehand. Shame if they’re milking it though.

asherh
    Free Member

I might be very wrong, but I got the impression that Peaty/Minaar/Bryce etc were more there to support the event and do a bit of pre World Cup season training. I doubt Peat or Bryceland expected to do especially well. I’ve never really though of Peat as an bitchy athlete. Lopes on the other hand has always been very competitive [generalisation] and the Americans often come across as a little whiney [/generalisation]

All a bit petty, though interesting to see if anything comes of it nonetheless.

atlaz
    Free Member

From what I heard, loads of people shuttled the runs before the race. In fact, a lot of commentators made a point of saying that Tracy Mosley had ridden the entire course rather than done shuttle runs of the stages so I’d guess the number of pro riders doing the same as her is minimal to non-existent.

That said, if they don’t want people shuttling they should make a rule then put checkpoints at random spots on the transitions (and move them from time to time) to make sure riders practicing are riding up.

It seems really petty and smacks of badly bruised egos.

I’d not have expected it from Peaty’s public personal but it seems like fair comment. Given Lopes is having to rebut comments that he was forced to ride the 29er I guess people think he underperformed.

I think it’s interesting that barel was riding with clemenz, who must have seen him, yet apparently said nothing even though it could have got him the win

I had the same thought. Nobody else on the podium is publicly bitching at least, who knows what is going on behind closed doors

duntstick
    Free Member

If they can turn the whole thing into a bit of a soap with this kind of thing, maybe it’s all worthwhile, to get people following.

Looking forward to the next episode 🙂

JCL
    Free Member

Yep, banning 29’ers for being bloody useless would be a good start.

You sound scared that someone is going to win on one.

mrplow
    Free Member

The sport has got big exposure. The race location was known and some took it more serious than others. No rules bar the slight helmet thing were pushed. Don’t like the legal shuttling etc, then don’t enter or get with the programme. Some people were just more prepared within the rules than others.

Or, push for a change in the rules that will be hard to enforce.

kudos100
    Free Member

You sound scared that someone is going to win on one

The opposite. They are so shit, riders should get a handicap if they ride one. Perhaps a 2 second head start?

JCL
    Free Member

The opposite. They are so shit, riders should get a handicap if they ride one. Perhaps a 2 second head start?

I think those little wheels are giving you an inferiority complex LOL!

Don’t like the legal shuttling etc, then don’t enter or get with the programme. Some people were just more prepared within the rules than others.

This is BS. So everyone has to come with a car and driver to shuttle them? So an amateur who has trained his ass off turns up to race but has no chance of a good result because all the pro’s and locals have shuttled the hell out of it. And if he or she does try and pedal a number of laps they’ll be way more spent. Tracy Moesley has it right.

mrplow
    Free Member

It is the simple fact that some people will do as much as they can within the rules. In your case the rules need changing but it will be hard to enforce.

You know the race is at punta ala and you know the likely trails. You are eager to win, your sponsors want you to win, it is pretty inviting for you to practice the trails if you can.

Uk example. Tweedlove enduro. The locals are already up practicing the trails including the freshly cut stuff. Gentlemens agreements are almost always broken and some rules although fair are too hard to enforce. This is reality.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep there are rules and there are rules…
    The next enduro is lift assisted so that should shake a bit up. In the end of the day if you can you will practice more, perhaps the organisers need to do a bit more to keep the course under wraps or to tape in some changes just before it opens or close some sections before the race.
    In the end it was day 1 for these guys, helmet rules need sorting out and something putting in place to stop as much pre riding if thats what they want. The DH boys are all off back to the day job now anyway I’m guessing they were all there for PR and to have some fun.

walleater

There’s only one thing for it…the UCI needs to govern Enduro 😀

aracer
    Free Member

“Yep, banning 29’ers for being bloody useless would be a good start.”
    You sound scared that someone is going to win on one.

Somebody did.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Interview-with-Enduro-World-Series-Punta-Ala-Winner-Tracy-Moseley,5627/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

Northwind

mr plow – Member

Uk example. Tweedlove enduro. The locals are already up practicing the trails including the freshly cut stuff.

Yup. But then it becomes a matter of degrees, vehicle uplift is a step up from pre-riding. Trouble with this sort of “spirit of the rules” thing is that there’s no one interpretation.

JCL
    Free Member

How about you just have to ride your bike and if you don’t your out?

andyrm
    Free Member

The fact is that people will practice courses – and it’s something the SuperEnduro organisation are cool with. Last year at Finale there were people who’d been practicing the trails for a week or more, many uplifted, so they could get maximum runs in. I got 2 days as that’s as long as I had available.

I have to accept that I am not committed enough or backed by sponsors who can pay for me to do that, but on the flipside, don’t have the pressures of having to get results for those sponsors.

So yes, it’s totally fair that Fab uplifted and practiced.

Some rounds have less practice and chairlift access – that’s the beauty of the EWS, the variety of the courses. This means the best all round rider who can adapt to multiple formats, distances and terrains will win overall.

kudos100
    Free Member

Vouilloz wins round two, Greg Minnaar in third and Dan Atherton way down the field.

Looking forward to watching some clips of the race.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Don’t forget Tracy M wining as well…..

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

This thread is full of spoil 😀

fr0sty125
    Free Member

T-Mo is like on a different planet compared to the rest! Such a great competitor not just her form but the way she goes about her racing.

kudos100
    Free Member

T-Mo is like on a different planet compared to the rest

Until Ann Caro comes back from injury! It will be great to see these two battle it out.

kimbers

fr0sty125 – Member
    T-Mo is like on a different planet compared to the rest! Such a great competitor not just her form but the way she goes about her racing.

as much as i rspect T-Mo have met her at the UKGE rounds shes really nice

anne-carro woill give her something to worry about if she heals upfrom her crash last round

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Enduro World Series Gossip’ is closed to new replies.