Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Enduro riot police
  • faustus

Check it out: https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/jun/15/the-new-horsemen-why-american-riot-police-embraced-the-bicycle

Riot police dressed as mtbers…on mtbs. The riot gear isn’t that different to what a DH rider might wear surely? full frame bag in one picture too. It’s like a weird mix of enduro, bikepacking, and teargas. Or maybe a more violent version of bike polo whereby you smack people with batons instead…

patriotpro
    Free Member

I wonder if it gave them the ‘invincible’ feeling… 😆

vincienup
    Free Member

Bike polo idea !!! 😕

After reading the article, sounds like a refreshing response. Note they’re about to ditch 3×9 for 1×11 and lolled a bit at low maintenance as an advantage and Fox forks being in the same comment… otoh, compared to more armoured, militarised equipment a bike fork needing frequent oil changes for meg service regime isn’t that bad.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P-Jay
    Free Member

Budget hardtail, full-face XC lid and a full body suit of armour… wouldn’t have been an unusual sight at Afan / Cwmcarn / Degla a few years ago.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Just me who noticed where the seat was going on the NYPD pic?….. 😆

zippykona

Not quite as good as Pacific Blue.

zilog6128

Budget hardtail

handmade in the USA, I bet they aren’t cheap!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Enduro? black clobber? na, that’s all wrong!

colournoise

Quite an interesting article in some ways.

Disappointed no mention of Bombers in the bits about weaponised bikes…

DezB
    Free Member

Pic near the bottom, not sure if the Guardian allows linking – nice Fox Forx and 5-10s on the copper on the right, shame about the cable discs 😉

vincienup
    Free Member

Maybe the commissioning officer had read enough internet threads to know he’d always be bleeding hydraulics ? 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Enduro riot police’ is closed to new replies.