Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • eBay help please – I think I'm being shafted
  • martinhutch

Clear misdescription. As he’s already tried to reason with the seller, dispute is the right course of action. He’ll win, obviously.

Grantway – if you bought a medium frame bike on ebay and a totally different size bike turned up, would you ‘jog on’ just because the ad said ‘no returns’?

donsimon
    Free Member

Grantway – if you bought a medium frame bike that had a ruddy great M stamped on it denoting size on ebay and a totally slightly (1cm is hardly totally,is it?) different size bike turned up, would you ‘jog on’ just because the ad said ‘no returns’?

sugdenr
    Free Member

‘No returns’ on the listing

I can write on my lisitng that I am the King of England, doesn’t mean its true or has any validity in law does it.

No returns generally means you cant send it back if you dont like it or bought in error etc.

Sale of Goods doesnt apply to non-business sellers selling second hand goods, but via eBay there is either an express ebay contract for sale (ebay rules) and/or an implied contract for sale.

Simply, you bought Size 8 Men’s shoes, that is clear. They arrived
    Size 8 Women’s.

This would appear (regardless of sellers bullish answer) to (in legal parlance) be an innocent misrepresentation. Clear enough because it took STW to point this out to OP himself. You should maintain dignity and point out the unfortunate error to the seller, if that doesnt work stop communicating with him and raise a dispute in ebay that’s what its there for.

hora
    Free Member

How have you been shafted? If I was the seller (and yourself if you were selling something) you’d think how the **** is it misdescribed?!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Are women’s sizes really different from men’s?

flowerpower
    Free Member

Are women’s sizes really different from men’s?

They might be narrower etc… but a womens EU size 40 is still NOT a womens UK size 8.

I am a size UK6 which is approx an EU39. As far as I am aware an EU size 40 is about a size 7 – mens or womens – its just the fit (width) that is different. I would say that the label is wrong to equate an EU40 with a UK8 and that would make me wary of the shoes…

cp

Looking at the spesh sizing charts, they do look to be the correct size for what they are… listed as mens & actually womens – the sizing conversions are different for each, according to spesh.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Looking at the spesh sizing charts, they do look to be the correct size for what they are… listed as mens & actually womens – the sizing conversions are different for each, according to spesh.

??

Not sure which chart you have seen? The chart HERE shows that even with Spesh womens sizing a EU40 is only a UK6.5 😕

aracer
    Free Member

What they are is a US women’s size 9. Whilst UK sizes are the same for men and women (ish – some charts show half a size difference, but I think that’s more down to conversions than any inherent difference), US sizes aren’t. What they’ve done when printing the label is convert from US men’s 9 to UK size – which would equate to an 8. That is clearly wrong. They’re not a UK men’s 8 as listed (so you have grounds for dispute right there), but they’re not actually a UK women’s 8 either – just labelled as such, which might be an honest mistake on the seller’s part, but still sufficient for mis-description.

hora
    Free Member

When I was rebuying my Spesh Sport BG shoes again (I’ve owned only them since 2004)…but I’ve gone through three pairs in that time.

On the second pair I had to go down a size as the sizing went ‘weird’. Google it- I also asked spesh UK who confirmed this.

MrsToast
    Free Member

They might be narrower etc… but a womens EU size 40 is still NOT a womens UK size 8.

^ This, EU 40 is equivalent to a UK women’s size 6.5/7 – I know because that’s my size. Not sure what that label in the women’s Taho is going on about. :S

aracer
    Free Member

On Specialized sizing, I take my normal shoe size – then again I take my normal shoe size with the AM41s I’ve just bought (contrary to everybody’s advice, grrr!) Had to go a size up with Sidi, Northwave and when I last owned Shimano shoes.

Esme
    Free Member

This is partly the fault of Specialized, as they messed up the sizing labels.

I received this email last year, from Alex Boyle in Customer Support:
    “Thank you for your email, yes you are correct the Euro sizing is spot on but the UK size seems a mile out, this should be all sorted with our new range.”

aracer
    Free Member

Not sure what that label in the women’s Taho is going on about

As I said, somebody’s made a b*lls up when converting – I assume the base size is the US one, and they’ve mistakenly converted from US men’s 9 rather than US women’s 9 (which comes down to the incredible stupidity of having different men’s and women’s sizing).

cp

Not sure which chart you have seen?

From the Spesh UK website… even though they don’t show UK sizing, they do show differences between mens and womens & are bang on the money for the shoes in the OP’s pictures.

There is always variation in manufacturers in how they convert UK-US sizing.

http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/SBCTechPopup.jsp?pid=Shoes2008_SizeChart

From my experience and from folk in the running show industry I know, US sizing is the most consistent way to compare one shoe to another across shoes whether they be different brands or not.

grantway
    Free Member

Grantway – if you bought a medium frame bike on ebay and a totally different size bike turned up, would you ‘jog on’ just because the ad said ‘no returns’?

But they are the correct size advertised Just I think they are a Female size
    Best contact e-bay and complain to them

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s a shitty trick IMO fred

Yeah well, life’s not always fair, is it?

They claimed to price match, but then start spouting all sorts of caveats, so I said ‘thanks for leting me try them on, I know what size I need now, I’ll buy them online and save the money, ta’. 🙂

It’s a twenty pound difference. You think I’m that bothered about a pretty successful looking bike shop losing my business? It’s my twenty pounds at stake, not theirs.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘eBay help please – I think I'm being shafted’ is closed to new replies.