Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • ebay buyer sending something back without opening a dispute
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

So last weekend I sold an Asus Eee PC. Sent it off on monday and not heard anyhting until today when I had an email from the buyer saying that it wasn’t in very good condition as I had described it.
    I think it was in very good condition with only a couple of fine scratches on the lid.
    He also asked for a discount or he would send it back. I replied saying that I thought it was described accurately and that I wasn’t going to offer a discount. He then replied saying he was going to send it back on Monday, to which I have told him not to send it and to open a dispute.
    He has very poor [written] english and said he has also bought two more Eee’s and I think he’s trying it on as a dealer.
    If he sends it back without being told to by eBay what should I do?
    Also who decides whether a description was accurate?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

youre in the right, he hasn’t followed the appropriate measures and has informed you to which you have given him the correct response.

In him demanding a discount you know he’s up to sumin!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Can you tell if its your one,I think he is swapping it or something to do with it.

Sounds dodgy to me

nuke

said he has also bought two more Eee’s

My first concern would be whether you’re getting the one you sent him back. Do you have the serial number?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

If you classed the listing as Used then you should be fine, unless you made a point of saying it was in mint condition.

Don’t refund any money if you honestly believe the listing was accurate – unless you offered a refund policy.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’d be very surprised if it was the same one you sold, with all the same parts inside still.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Did you sign for it? Regardless of whether or not it is, tell him it’s been damaged / not the same etc.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hmmm, turns out he’s now opened a dispute. Looking at his purchases there’s a lot of laptops/PSP/etc.
    In my description I put “It’s all in very good condition with hardly any marks.” – which is an accurate description (i.e. a few light marks but not many).
    His dispute message was:
    “ok so if u seel me shit,and u add there no returns,and no refunds!!:)))its not working like that,cos i buing sometiong wot i never saw,so thats why u must describe yr item exactly like is item condition….!!!!!!not like excelent condition,and selling crap!!!!”

😯

carlosg
    Free Member

if that’s how he chooses to send messages I would be forwarding all his replies to ebay.

Hope you have the serial numbers.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Let ebay settle the dispute, pretty certain you will be fine.
    You did put ‘Used’ and not ‘New’ in the listing didn’t you? If so, no problems.

sharkbait
    Free Member

yep defo ‘used’. Guy seems a bit of a nutter!

colnagokid

As above, copy all his emails to ebay, even if they find in his favour, you can still appeal their decision, and will end up with the money and the item.
    In my experience, the “its no good, but I’ll keep it for a discount, or I’ll leave negative feedback” points to a fraudster every time

user-removed
    Free Member

Oh God – I hate all this stuff. Chances are you’re on a hiding to nothing. In my bitter experience (over 700 transactions) the buyer is always right and the seller has his account frozen. It’s better now than it used to be, but when you’re dealing with a loonie, or a pugnacious foreign type with bad English, it becomes almost impossible. 🙁

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ebay buyer sending something back without opening a dispute’ is closed to new replies.