Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • eating next to nothing and not losing weight……..
  • ton

why?

typical days food now is
    4 weetabix or a bowl of allbran for brekkie
    fruit mid morning
    1 x granary salad meat/tuna roll for lunch
    fish/chicken and veg or salad for dinner

cut the carbs to as low as i can without starving.
    but not losing weight.

ssnowman
    Free Member

How long have you been on this diet and how much exercise are you doing?

tony24
    Free Member

reducing what you eat to silly low calories and cycling has the opposite affect if you eat below what it takes to maintain your body on a day to day basis your body hits starvation mode and you end up with your body storing everything it can which has the opposite affect.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

2 months
    and back to riding 12 steady miles a day.
    tho the uphills are assisted by my electric bike.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Becareful not to cut out too much or your body goes into ‘famine’ mode where it tries to store as much fat as possible*.

* Beware, someone who knows what they are talking about may be along soon**

**beware, the next expert after that will be along to contradict them***

*** when i tried to lose weight i seemed to lose nothing for ages, then lost nearly a stone quite quickly and then took ages to lose any more. that was coming down from 18 stone and aiming for 14 stone but plateauing at 16

donsimon
    Free Member

iDave diet?

druidh
    Free Member

What about drink?

ton

no booze at all cos of my meds.
    or caffeine………….. 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

Meds could be causing fluid retention perhaps?

donsimon
    Free Member

Have you thought about changing the sugar filled processed carbs of weetabix for, say, an omelette?
    The lunchtime granary bread for, say, lentils?

joemarshall
    Free Member

4 weetabix is quite a big portion – presumably with a big load of milk too. Double the supposed average 2 biscuit serving. Although I guess a lot of people would have toast afterwards.

How big are the portions of everything else. If you’re eating double portions of everything else too that might explain things?

ton

eating normal size portions of everything.

portion of chicken is 1 chicken breast.

huws
    Free Member

Ditch the breakfast, the mid morning fruit and the butter/Mayo from sandwich. That’s how I lost 25kg (85 down to 60) over 18 months. God I was hungry.

ssnowman
    Free Member

How heavy are you & do you actually need to lose any weght?

jonrambo
    Free Member

Tried dust? No cals whatsoever innit! 😉

mattrgee
    Free Member

You’re not eating enough. Your body is holding on to any excess fat and every calorie you consume as there simply enough energy being consumed to support your life style.

samuri
    Free Member

Is the fridge door sometimes open when you get up in the morning?
    Trail of cheese from there to your bed?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I can lick lettuce for a week and lose 1/2 a stone
    smell some chips and it goes back on again

ton

think i am gonna get my jaw wired…………;o)

samuri
    Free Member

While we’re on the subject, one of those graze box adverts has just appeared over on the right there.
    Has anyone had one of them? Any good?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Maybe increase exercise and eat more so that your metabolism picks up. Just a thought.

donsimon
    Free Member

Any good?

Yes! Looks like a top piece of marketing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ton – get a referral to an NHS dietician – because of your medical situation you should be able to

sleigh62
    Free Member

don’t ditch breakfast!!
    your body needs the food intake in the morning to kickstart your metabolism … though 4 weetabix is a hell of a breakfast .. 2 would be better.
    keep exercising and eat normally …. starving your body of carbs isn’t good if your exercising.

…… try not to eat after 6pm .. never tried it but I hear it works

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Looking at that list, I can’t see any cake. Everyone knows that cake is an essential part of a balanced, healthy lifestyle. You need more cake. Trust me, I’m an expert.*

*Not a dietary expert, but hey, when did that stop anyone on here? 😀

easygirl

Graze boxes are very good
    Delivery is quick and you can cancel easily

Kevevs
    Free Member

“1 x granary salad meat/tuna roll for lunch” could easily be 700 calories with mayo. Is it a big one? count the calorie numbers of what you eat on a pocket notebook and keep it around 1500 a day.

TooTall
    Free Member

keep it around 1500 a day.

bolleaux – he is too big a bloke for that little.

There is something you’re not mentioning – your basal requirement is more than what you are saying I’ll guess.

robsoctane
    Free Member

@Ton: MTB on 1500 cals per day… Problems, get some Tangfastics down ya!

Seriously, the only thing I could say of minor use is that I can eat anything all day long when riding regularly. I was off the bike for a slow rebuild taking 2 months, no change in diet & gained 2 stones!!! Back on the bike now & losing 3 lbs per week.

Hope you get where you need to be, 12 miles a day will help bud, keep going. 😉

AndrewBF
    Free Member

Try the E-plan diet.

1. Eat less
    2. Exercise more

It is that simple.

It may not be safe, sensible and healthy for everyone. But I guarantee you will lose weight – or your money back!

Dancake
    Free Member

I did full on Atkins and the weight fell off me.

It sounds great gorging on meat and eggs and it is to begin with. I was having curries and chilis (with grated cauliflower instead of rice) as well as omelettes, steaks and all sorts of stuff.

Got bored though and put it back on. All of it.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

1) eat your normal diet
    2) get reasonably fit
    3) do not skip breakfast
    4) make sure you are slightly hungry before each meal. If you are not you have eaten too much at the previous meal, so back the portions off.
    5) do not eat your evening meal after 8pm and only eat as much as 4) requires
    6) eat baked potatoes – even if you put butter on. Turkey is good as well
    7) take up some jogging – with a low heart rate it is good for losing fat
    8) weigh yourself everyday to give yourself incentive. You can actually see the effect of what you ate yesterday on the scales (maybe only if you are male). Try to go to bed 1lb heavier than you were in the morning.
    9) don’t eat sugary treats – 1 ritter marzipan bar = 1lb weight gain for me
    10) don’t lose more than 2lbs a week unless you are exercising/running it off
    11) set yourself a weight target and a reward for getting there – mine was a new power amp when I got to 11 stone.

It is only a small change from normal so it is not very painful to follow – apart from the jogging maybe.

z1ppy

TurnerGuy – Member
    1) eat your normal diet

IIRC Ton’s normal diet ‘used’ to be quite excessive, he’s a big lad & had a large appetite (going from post and pic’s on here)…. not that I stalk him or anything 🙁

Good luck Ton, keep @ it & remember soup keeps you feeling fuller for longer than solid food
    (I used to think soups were for when you were ill or a starter, but the right one [home made] a meal in itself)

warton
    Free Member

Ditch the breakfast

Don’t do that!

From personal experience, I stopped eating bread and pasta and other wheat, replaced with pulses and rice, I noticed a big difference. but diet is a very personal thing isn’t it. as TJ said, maybe get some expert advice?

Burls72
    Free Member

Diet doesn’t look to bad, could swap the roll for rice and tuna/meat. For breakfast you could try quinoa, good receipe here, other than that don’t eat to late in the evening and drink plenty of water.

I’d ask about your tablets as your a big chap and should be losing weight with what you’ve listed.

Edit: Have you heard of the ‘Eat right for your blood type’ diet, really worked for me. It also made me a lot healthier, helped with my asthma and cleared up my eczema (which was very mild).

tony24
    Free Member

4 weetabix with milk is only 600 calories max i cant see how thats too big a breakfast. No diffirent to a fair size bowl of porridge.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Get some chillis down you, they help increase your metabolism, and give you a good clear out 😉

simonk
    Free Member

There are a couple of things you can do here, first of all is to work out what your body actually needs, to do this you need to first find out your BMR from there you need to work out your daily calorie needs using the Harris Benedict formula.
    Once you have done that you really need to keep a good and accurate daily calorie intake, there is a good site I use http://www.myfitnesspal.com/.
    Try and keep your daily intake about 2-300 calories under what you need for the day no more and just give it time, the weight will slowly come off.

specializedneeds

Seriously Ton, are you too special to use the chat forum?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

1) eat your normal diet

correction:

1) eat a normal diet

😀

I lost 2.5 stone in a few months following my plan, so it does work. Esp the weighing bit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘eating next to nothing and not losing weight……..’ is closed to new replies.