Home Forums Chat Forum Early morning brass monkeys…!!!

• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by WTF.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Early morning brass monkeys…!!!
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Early morning venture out and it’s bloody sharp out there. There was me getting the summer riding gear out.!!!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I’m toying with the idea for tomorrow, but I reckon that the clocks going forward will throw me off enough that when i wake up i’ll just roll over & go back to sleep! We shall see… 😆

trailmoggy
    Free Member

oh it was cold and frosty this morning, went out on my road bike

then as soon as the sun came out it was roasting

jova54
    Free Member

Went out for a pootle around the local heath just after the GP finished.

Quite fresh and plenty of water on the tracks and not many people around, maybe they forgot to put their clocks forward.

Sun just beginning to shine through when I got home.

samuri
    Free Member

a bit nippy at around 7 but it warmed up quickly. Ice on the roads and in puddles!

Olly
    Free Member

a brass monkey, is the square rack that the cannon balls are sitting on.
    bolted to the deck of the ship next to each gun, to allow easy access to the cannon balls in battle

in times of yore, when a ship when reet oop north, venturing into the icy artic regions, the brass monkey would contract, faster than the iron cannonballs.
    occasionaly, it would contract so much that the balls no longer sat stacked on the monkey, causing them to fall off and roll around the deck of the ship.

hence

“freezing the balls off a brass monkey”

and now you know! your all very welcome 😉

WTF
    Free Member

Sorry Olly but your talking brass bollox.

HTH

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Early morning brass monkeys…!!!’ is closed to new replies.