Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • DX jawbone style glasses – compatibility with genuine jawbones?
  • aka_Gilo
    Free Member

A few quid to have them delivered in a few days rather than a month or so? Seems reasonable enough.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

Still no sign of the Jawbones yet but got a pair of the Radars.

Not very good to be honest. The lens sits loose in the frame. Not the it would fall out but when you press on the frame you can feel the movement.

The glasses themselves don’t fit as securely on the face as my genuine non hinge M Frames which are very snug. I don’t think they would fall off as such but just not as good as the real thing (no great surprise).

They actually seem huge when on the face, its like they are about a cm too wide at either side. Never worn genuine Radars so this may be how they are also.

The nose piece and the ear socks are okay, the glasses certainly don’t move if you move your head about quickly. They do smell a bit though.

The lens are okay, no major distortion.

The best bit is the case and the soft bag and lens cloth. There are all pretty good quality. Probably worth the £16 if you have genuine Oakley but need a hard case.

Will offer them to SWMBO as some running glasses or stick them in the classifieds (will be about £15 posted).

Regards

tracknicko
    Free Member

to counter this my jawbones just arrived.

i likes em. as said the case set up is bang on, the frames seem ok, lenses seem ok.

i’d say they weren’t that exciting and a bit plasticcy, but just picked up my (genuine) flak jackets and the flexiness is in them too!

since ordering them i saw they did a range of colours. so i’ve ordered all the ones i like! will either have spares, or classifides them if it isnt too cheeky!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

As a wearer of contact lenses, I always ride in clear (not yellow)glasses.

My existing decathlon specials have worked fine but look a bit crap and are now scratched.

I quite fancy some oakley ‘tribute’ glasses or similar as they will be getting covered in crap and lost, so don’t want to pay too much.

any suggestions?

parling
    Free Member

nothing worse been a contact lenser and mud and bugs trying to remove them from your eyeball,

Interested in fakleys as I always fall off and break them or lenses get scratched by a javelin carrying fly, can you get cheap clear lenses for the Jawbones I’ve only seen the genuine ones and for clear plastic going in a £10 quid frame seems just daft

tracknicko
    Free Member

you two chaps might just have to suck it up and wear yellow instead of clear. for £9 total it seems daft to try and find clear!

parling
    Free Member

looks that way, yellow might give me a sunnyer outlook while riding

clubber
    Free Member

Clear genuine ones go for £20ish

a bit of careful filing and they’ll fit in the fakelys. Total bill £32.

fathomer

^ that’s what I’m planning if I don’t like the yellow jobbies!

Aquaprofile

I broke my flak jacket frames just outside the 1 year oakley warranty – which is a bit **** for such expensive glasses!
    I have a few lenses but can’t find fake flak jacket frames on dealextreme – anyone have a link for them?
    Cheers

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

My “Livestrong” styley Jawbones arrived today. Big difference from the Radars I got the other day which were rubbish.

They come with the standard good quality hard case

P1010715 by spangelsaregreat, on Flickr

Inside you get the glasses, two spare lens (yellow iridium vented, black iridium non vented, yellow vented), soft case, spare nose pieces, cloth and a lanyard.

P1010716 by spangelsaregreat, on Flickr

Mine have a very slight mark on the edge of the left hand lower frame, like a bit of dirt but doesn’t seem to come off. They have the torx screws on the hinges. The nose piece and ear socks seem pretty grippy but they do smell a bit.

P1010717 by spangelsaregreat, on Flickr

The frames are solid with no play when the lens is in. They sit well on the face and the lens don’t appear to have any noticeable distortion.

P1010718 by spangelsaregreat, on Flickr

The yellow lens have a bit of excess plastic on the edges where they have been cut out but nothing a quick bit of scraping won’t deal with. I would say the ear socks are a slightly duller yellow than the originals but not by much.

Have also ordered the black and white and all black with red socks, well worth the £10 each. Will probably get some clear and grey original lens at some point.

Regards

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Retro mouse

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Retro but cool….

gwaelod
    Free Member
    aphex_2k
    Free Member

There’s a company called Visonary Lenses who make aftermarket lenses for a variety of Oakley frames. Polarised and a heap of colours to choose from. I bought some green/gold for my half jackets. Very happy. And from about 15 quid upwards delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=vl+lenses+jawbone+&_sacat=0&_odkw=vl+lenses+jawbone+vented&_osacat=0&_from=R40

njee20
    Free Member

Interesting gwaelod, they certainly look pukka, but the lenses in the Livestrong ones looks more like the fake one, the real ones come with Black Iridium and yellow, both vented, can’t see why you’d put a Fire Iridium in there and a Black non-vented.

Box looks real though, as do the stands. Selling fakes with real POS?

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

For info the torx screws on the glasses are actually just a press fit plastic rivet.

Regards

clubber
    Free Member

I got my FRadars now – £3.50’s worth!

They’re definitely more plasticy than the DX jawbones and the nose piece is all plastic rather than having rubber as on my genuine ones but they seem ok. You wouldn’t spot them as copies from any distance.

I reckon they’ll be perfect for sailing on holiday where I could lose them if (when!) I get dunked.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

Got my second pair of Jawbones from DX today. Not great I am afraid, the frame is not straight so they sit squint on your face. Also the nose pieces don’t click into jaws properly. Also the lenses in this set are marginally bigger than the first set of DX Jawbones I got.

I also found that the actual Jaws of the two sets are slightly different and are not interchangeable. Going to send this set back to DX.

Both of these sets of Jawbones have proper Torx screw fittings on the legs. I did get a set off ebay which were just push fit plastic studs. Other than that this set were as good as the first set but the lack of torx fittings made the jaws a bit loose.

So there are obviously some differences between the Fakely Jawbones out there. Still for £10 you aren’t taking to much of a risk I suppose.

I also received a set of genuine Black Iridium lens today also. They actually fit in my first set of DX Jawbones frames perfectly.

Regards

clubber
    Free Member

100!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

clubber where are the radars from?

clubber
    Free Member

DX too

and having ridden them now, I have to say they’re pretty much faultless. in fact other than the way the shade varies from top to bottom ( more yellow at bottom, fading to the top. Sounds bad but it isn’t actually noticeable when riding since yiur eyes dont move relative to the lense ) the I can’t think of anything negative.

oh and my genuine radar lenses don’t fit the fradar frames. or visa versa

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I got a pair or Radars and Jawbones from DX and OK it took over 3 weeks for them to come but have used the Radars on all of my rides so far.
    Quality is good for fakes, selection of lenses and what you get in the case is brilliant.
    Jawbones look good and my only complaint is that when folded down the Oakley O’s are slightly different colours on the arms.
    But for £10 I could not give a toss, if I scratch them I won’t cry as it’s only £10 and not £200.
    Plus I have not gone blind yet due to non british standard UV ratings.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

bought some $3.50

ransos
    Free Member

I sent back a ~20 year old pair of knackered Mk1 Eye Jackets and they’ve offered 40% off any new pair of Oakleys. That makes a genuine set of Jawbones £114, not bad in my book.

Fantastic when you think about it. Litespeed, take note!

atlaz
    Free Member

Mine arrived, they’re the same price and better quality than my Aldi specials from a couple of years back. Got the black and white ones (blue vented lenses fitted, black unvented and yellow vented in the box). So far so good.

mattythemod
    Free Member

So have those of you who bought this copies still got them or have they been poo quality and self destructed after one week of wearing them ?

monsteryeti
    Free Member

Got 3 pairs in different colour combo’s and all are still going great after 4 months.

RESULT!

twohats
    Free Member

Use mine daily.
    The grey lens is my favourite, seems to transmit a lot of light, perfect in the woods.

psychobiker
    Free Member

Have 3 sets all still going strong. Still yet to buy some pukka lenses though.

grum
    Free Member

I broke some but I think it was more my own stupidity for having them in my pocket when out riding.

Lifer
    Free Member

Got some lenses from Ciliary Blue for my DX Split Jackets, would recommend paying slightly more for the ultra thin.

clubber
    Free Member

mine are fine. I’m particularly happy with my fradars.

mattythemod
    Free Member

Well i pressed the button and orderd a set , worth a punt at £10 also found some Radar copies at £2.50 so will post my thoughts when they arrive .

mrjmt
    Free Member

Well i pressed the button and orderd a set , worth a punt at £10 also found some Radar copies at £2.50 so will post my thoughts when they arrive .

Did you order from the UK warehouse? I ordered some yesterday that said they were in stock in the UK warehouse so will wait and see if they come any quicker.

brakes
    Free Member

for the money they’re very good I think.
    the lenses don’t fit perfectly, but they fit well enough.
    I managed to scratch some lenses but I did drop them onto concrete.

mattythemod
    Free Member

Did you order from the UK warehouse? I ordered some yesterday that said they were in stock in the UK warehouse so will wait and see if they come any quicker.

One pair were from the UK warehouse , my expactions are low so if there any good it will be a pleasant surprise .

B_Leach
    Free Member

Despite being stared down by the brother in law at the mere suggestion of purchasing fake oakleys, I’ve also found them too cheap to resist! I’m expecting some kind of karmic kick in the arse soon…

mattythemod
    Free Member

Did you order from the UK warehouse? I ordered some yesterday that said they were in stock in the UK warehouse so will wait and see if they come any quicker

Well orderded Wed and they arrived on Sat for £10.06 i am pretty happy .

damitamit
    Free Member

Anyone got a link to the DX Split Jackets?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘DX jawbone style glasses – compatibility with genuine jawbones?’ is closed to new replies.