Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DT370 rear hub (2009 Anthem X1)
  • onewheelgood

The bearings and freehub on my Anthem X1 are clearly on the way out. A bit of googling seems to suggest that the bits will cost about £80 and DT say that I will need £100 worth of special tools. My LBS, from whom I bought the bike have been less than helpful – I took the wheel in for them to look at, and collected it a couple of weeks later, untouched and unexamined – they were ‘busy’ apparently.
    If it’s really going to cost me that much, I’ll probably just buy another wheel – I quite fancy a pair of ZTRs. But have any other Anthem owners had to have their rear hubs rebuilt, and if so what did it cost?

Rorschach
    Free Member

You don’t need any special tools….some sockets (for pressing the bearings) a cuple of cone spanners and a hammer.
    Theres only 3 cartridge bearings and one needle bearing (£4.99) in the whole hub!
    I rebuilt one last week…2 bearings,needle bearings pawls and pawl spring and it was still less than £50…. with labour!

onewheelgood

Thanks for that. Where did you get the bits from?

Rorschach
    Free Member

My big tray of DT spares!!
    You can order them direct from Madison via the ultimatepursuits site and delivered to your lbs.
    They are listed as onyx spares iirc.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I got these hubs on my Cannondale Rush, the front was great, the rear was pretty poor IMO. I had to remove the freehub every couple of months and clean it out, the seal was letting everything in. It just didn’t feel right even after a bearing change so sold it on in the end and got good money for it. Shame really as it was nice and quiet unlike the Hope that replaced it.

MarkN
    Free Member

Great hubs. IME they seem to be shipped a bit short of grease when new and the pawls then fail. Since I have fitted new pawls and greased myself they seem to last a lot longer.

nikk
    Free Member

I got a new freehub for my 5 year old DT hub. The new freehub has a different spacer with a rubber seal to protect the bearing. May be worth ordering the freehub rebuild kit + new spacer, I got mine from Rocky Mountain Cycles.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DT370 rear hub (2009 Anthem X1)’ is closed to new replies.