Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • DT Swiss XRC 100 race forks
  • fizzer
    Free Member

Anyone Any experience of these? Good? Bad? Flex?

Shorty121
    Free Member

I assume they are a bit unknown. I got some of the cheaper 100mm ones and tonight is the first time on them tonight.

I’ll let you know how I get on

pullfaces
    Free Member

I had a pair of the first ones and I still think they have great smooth, plush action. They did definitely have some flex but I weigh 75kg (~12 stone) so being lighter will reduce this. Also I imagine they have beefed them up since.
    Still the lightest forks I’ve owned.

fizzer
    Free Member

Cheers I’d appreciate that

gee
    Free Member

I have some – 2 years old now. The bushings had huge play, but those have now been replaced. Then the lower disc brake mount post cracked, so the lowers were replaced. Now the uppers have started to wear through the black coating… Seeing as they came on a sponsored bike I don’t really mind as they are so light; would I actually buy a pair with my own money? No – SIDS all the way.

fizzer
    Free Member

Cheers I’m a SID fan myself but currently going through a set a year due to stanchion wear. Just looking at alternatives & the weight of these if nothing else made me look twice.

gee
    Free Member

I’m surprised you’ve had issues with SIDs – I have a set from 2008 that are still fine and plenty of racers use them with no issues apart from the twisting lowers. How are you wrecking stanchions in one year??!!

Shorty121
    Free Member

Maybe he rides quite abit in muddy conditions. I found my DT swiss forks extremely stiff and very smooth aswell.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

the new model dt swiss’s are great i must say great suppleness as good as sid xx

IA

How often are you doing a lower leg oil change on the sids? If you’re riding a reasonable amount this could be monthly (or more). If the answer is “never”, not surprised…

fizzer
    Free Member

Lower leg service monthly or thereabouts admittedly they have done more miles than an average pair of forks & oop North mud is an ever present. However let’s stay on topic please.

My main concerns about the DT Swiss are flex & longetivity. I well remember the 28mm original SIDs flexing considerately. Is this an issue with the XRC?

rwc03
    Free Member

I don’t own them personally, but my friend who I ride with does. He got them replaced under warranty after 2 months as play had developed in the bushings. They’re pretty felxy, and he doesn’t rate them over the fox forks they replaced. Never tried SIDs so can’t compare them I’m afraid. They’re very light, but possibly designed too light?

njee20
    Free Member

Lower leg service monthly or thereabouts admittedly they have done more miles than an average pair of forks & oop North mud is an ever present. However let’s stay on topic please.

Also surprised that you’re going through SIDs that fast – I’d certainly rank the DTs lower on the reliability scale than SIDs based on every pair I’ve seen! May be OT – but seems relevant, if you’re an animal I’d not consider the DTs.

Gee’s in a good place to comment on reliability – probably does more miles than all the other contributors on this thread combined!

fizzer
    Free Member

Thanks everyone – much appreciated comments/advice. Looks like a no-no for the XRC then.

TheFlyingOx

Just for balance, I had a set on my carbon Prongy. They were pretty sweet as far as I recall. Used for bashing along the road (the 100% lockout helped with this) as well as some fairly severe “all-mountain” stuff and coped admirably. Never really noticed too much flex, and at the time I was knocking on 14 stone. Only really changed them cos I wanted a bit more travel.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss XRC 100 race forks’ is closed to new replies.