Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dt Swiss 240 rear 10mm conversion
  • althepal

Just got a set of Roval traverse ELs which I believe are pretty much the same as the above.
    Have been toying with the idea of trying to convert it to 10mm bolt thru/on/qr for a weebit more stiffness at the back.
    Info online appears confusing though, not sure if its possible on the Transverses Or if it’s gonnacost a fortune.
    Has anyone done it with the DTs or the Rovals?
    I don’t think it would be too hard to do having watched the how to vid on the freehub upgrade but unsure about getting the axle out?
    Anyone?

mboy
    Free Member

Roval traversee EL insides are exactly the same as DT240S.

The axles and every other part are completely interchangeable.

I used to own both (kept the Rovals) and have had them apart side by side.

And the conversion is fairly easy, though the parts aren’t cheap sadly.

althepal

The not cheap part may be the stumbling block for the moment having just stretched the chrimbo present budget a wee bit..
    Good to know they’re exactly the same tho- reassures me a wee bit that the changeover shouldn’t be too hard!!

Rickos
    Free Member

*pulls up chair*
    How about the Traverse AL? I think that’s the version that came on my Stumpy EVO and I fancy doing the same thing.

RustyMac

Wowsers mboy, i see what you mean about parts not being cheap £45 for an axle and end caps!!!!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23978

althepal

Bit steep eh?
    Not sure about the AL Rickos.. I know it’s not possible to upgrade the freehub on it but not sure about the axle..

jimw
    Free Member

If you do decide to do it, it is straightforward- took me 10 minutes. It does help if you have or can make a simple hollow drift O/D 28mm, I/D 15mm approx 35mm long rather than spend money on the toolset. There is a good sequence diagram on the dt swiss website. Basically you remove the freehub as described in the video you have seen, turn the wheel so that the freehub side is facing up, support the non drive side over open vice jaws or something that will allow the axle to drop out, and carefully tap the axle with a soft headed mallet. This pushes the NDS bearing out and you can then change the axle and carefully drift the new one with bearing attached back in

http://www.dtswiss.com/getdoc/1219c0b7-776d-46ea-8625-dedf5ec2de19/Manual.aspx

Edit: you do need to be careful when tapping the NDS bearing in to support the D/S bearing to prevent it from becoming unseated

Moonglu
    Free Member

We’ve got that 135x10mm kit kicking around in the workshop if you want it. Brand New, swapped out of a pair of DT1750s from new. £25 posted.

Give me a call if you’re interested – 01765 601106

Neil @ Moonglu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dt Swiss 240 rear 10mm conversion’ is closed to new replies.