Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Dropper owners – who's had the fastest failure?
  • legend
    Free Member

I’ll start the ball rolling with 2.5 hours, and I’m **** pissed off 😡

sweepy
    Free Member

Ouch. You need to be a bit more specific tho.

Northwind

My KS didn’t work from new. So they said service it. I did, it still didn’t work. So I sent it back on warranty. They said “You broke it when you serviced it”. Not amused. But, “We’ve fixed it now, have it back.” STILL didn’t work.

On the plus side, after the second warranty return, it was properly rebuilt with assorted new parts and has been absolutely flawless since.

hugor
    Free Member

Which post legend?

porter_jamie

reverb – zero minutes

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Not a failure per se, but when i took delivery of my new Command Post 75mm (one of only 5 in the UK – am i cool or wot? :roll:) The tiny teeny little cable clamp that fastens the cable to the post was missing – cue wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Not really, just took a week to get me a replacement part and now working fine. First ride tomorrow morning 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

My mate was showing off his Gravity Dropper, telling me that although it looks ugly it will last forever and wont go wrong like my Reverb would.

Then later in the ride he pushes it down only to find it wont come back up again 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Brand new DSP Bighorn. Loses all it’s air pressure when you compress it. Bought it to make sure I had a dropper for racing at Innerleithen tomorrow, so i’m seriously **** off with the situation now

I’m sure Loco will sort it, but still…

Northwind

Trimix – Member

Then later in the ride he pushes it down only to find it wont come back up again

So then he adjusted the collar and fixed it in 2 seconds? GDs sticking down is usually just a setup issue.

hugor
    Free Member

Bugger. I was seriously considering this bighorn. Why is it so hard to make a reliable hydrolic post?

legend
    Free Member

Well don’t write it off yet. Hopefully this is an isolated incident. Currently it’s just as good as every other brand!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

My brand new Reverb won’t fully extend. Bled twice and still useless.

Not impressed

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

KS post, locks in position after a few minutes of not being used.

That said, there are loads of threads about with people swearing by KS posts and them being awesome. I suppose the key thing is to make sure you’ve got a good service agreement, and someone to contact if things go wrong.

I think it’s just a very tight threshold product to make and one of two are bound to have issues – sorry to hear about yours Legend 🙁 From what I know about LoCo he’ll be gutted to hear of an issue, and will get you sorted out pretty damn quickly.

I still fancy one…..

hugor
    Free Member

Well don’t write it off yet. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.

Hopefully yes. You’re the first person I’ve heard post about the bighorn other than professional reviews so it’s not a great start.
    I’m sure LoCo will look after you from what I’ve read around here but that’s not the point.
    Considering what these things cost I think their reliability is unacceptable.
    I’m well aware of how good they can be when they work, as I first bought a Joplin over 3 years ago.

soobalias
    Free Member

valve core loose?

legend
    Free Member

only loses air when compressed (the post, not the valve), you can hear and see (bubbles when there’s some water on it) it escaping from under the wiper seal

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Gravity dropper 3 position lasted five years 😀

Only needed a couple of new springs which where less than a fiver delivered from the States in a week, and fitted in 20 minutes.

trailmonkey

i had a supertat post (ks ?) that failed first ride with big scratches on the anodising from something internal. got it swapped for the same thing to happen first ride again.

of course, their fantastic customer services tried to tell me that it was my fault before refunding me.

was
    Free Member

ouch, failure rate of these air sprung posts reads like like the days of early air sprung suspension forks.

t-p26
    Free Member

GDs are simple to service because its springs and sliders. Its designed to be user serviceable, unlike others I could mention.

rewski
    Free Member

Not here, reverb for well over a year with no probs whatsever, sh*t, I shouldn’t of said that.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Dropper owners – who's had the fastest failure?’ is closed to new replies.