• This topic has 23 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Bream.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Dream CX build finished…
  • Bream
    Free Member

and to say I’m over the moon is rather an understatement. Feel lucky to be able to build such a high end CX bike and it rides just sublime, so so happy just had to share….

Specialized Cruz Carbon frameset
    Specialized carbon seat post
    Zipp carbon bottle cage
    Fizik Arione CX saddle
    Zipp Course SL stem
    Zipp SLC2 V2 Carbon bars (short/shallow) with Zipp Course CX tape
    Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubular wheelset
    Challenge Grifo33 Tubs
    Ashima Ai2 discs; 160 front & 140 rear
    CX1 Cranks
    Absolute Black CX front ring
    XTR pedals (25th anniversary blue)
    CX1 rear mech
    SRAM Red cassette
    KMC X11SL DMC 11sp chain (black/red)
    SRAM RED Hydro Levers; left hand ghetto tuned to remove front mech lever
    SRAM RED Hydro brake calipers

Not had it on the scales yet but needless to say it feels light on the shoulder….

Merry Christmas

Out in the wild…

eddie11
    Free Member

Unless you are racing in Vegas apart from the bottle cage everything about that is right. Well done.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

bottle cage on the seat tube not down tube for the pro look.

Very nice. Xmas pressy to yourself?

Bedds
    Free Member

Stunning 🙂

Bream
    Free Member

Twas an early Xmas pressy knowing the wife has given up trying to buy me presents 😆

Bottle cage move will now be tested for max pro look 8)

benji
    Free Member

Very nice like it, my only query is the rear cassette is there any for the mud to go, as it looks very solid.

Bream
    Free Member

I don’t live in the mud sodden UK, so mud isn’t really an issue for me; but the RED cassette does have exit space although maybe not as much as some open back ones mind.

MrSparkle

‘Snice. Not 100% sold on the red bits but that apart…

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

A very US build, nice.

Front brake cable looks short?

jmatlock
    Free Member

That’s perfect. Well done sir.

benji
    Free Member

Nice bike and no mud, you are a lucky fellow.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Nice spec bike.. Can you turn right with that short front cable?

Wally

If the forks turn with the bars, short cable no problem. The rear mech cable however… lovely build!

Bream
    Free Member

The front brake line is on the short side but like stated already it doesn’t restrict the turn. The rear mech cable might look a little long but I didn’t want to shorten it any more as the exit angle from the frame is quite high and I wanted to keep a soft cable curve and the mech feel light.

The only thing I will be changing it the stem length; finding the 110mm a little long since my old CX build had bar levers and without them I now spend much more time on the hoods. So will swap to a 70mm stem but sticking with the Course SL.

crazy-legs

I’ve got that frame. 🙂

The rear mech cable might look a little long but I didn’t want to shorten it any more as the exit angle from the frame is quite high and I wanted to keep a soft cable curve and the mech feel light.

I ended up with a Nokon cable there. I’ve used a regular cable but it’s a tricky one to get just right and it’s prone to making the mech feel rubbish.

And as mentioned, the bottle cage needs to be on the seat-tube.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Grifos at this point in the season? 😉

Bream
    Free Member

Grifos at this point in the season?

Welcome to Skåne 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Just need another identical one now for the pits and covert to Duraace Di2 😉

plus-one

Nice build … Good to see something different 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody lovely that!!

I like a lot 8)

Grifos for any season 😀

And you live in Sweden ?

Lucky git 😆

mrsfry
    Free Member

Marry me and i promise to take your bike out for regular rides while you do your work thingy.

tpbiker
    Free Member

not a fan and why would you spend so much on a bike…..etc etc???

nah only kidding, its absolutely lovely. About as perfect as you can get. Why did you go tubes can I ask? Is it for racing or general tomfoolery?

Enjoy..money spent on nice bikes is never money wasted…as long as you can afford it!

Sancho
    Free Member

oh my eyes, what a mash up of hideousness.

Really dont like any of that apart from the ZIPP kit.

but its not mine so enjoy it.

Bream
    Free Member

Went tubs for all out performance and just felt clinchers would sell the build short; plus always wanted them on my previous CX bikes and this was the dream build to do it. So far I actually see zero negatives and only positives, but costs more.

Funnily enough nearly went Di2 but all things considered I think that Shimano aren’t really ready with real high end options for a dedicated 1×11 hydro CX build. Maybe that will change when they come out with a DA hydro option and a DA rear mech with clutch etc…

I do race but due to having young kids training/racing takes 2nd place in these years. It gets ridden properly every week but no need for a 2nd pit stop build at the mo lol.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Dream CX build finished…’ is closed to new replies.