• This topic has 63 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by LHS.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Drank spring water from half way up Jacobs ladder now feeling ill :(
  • jumpupanddown
    Free Member

ran out of water yesterday so got some from the spring next to that house on the other side of jacobs ladder as if you’re going up the hill to go down it, now feeling ill, what could i have got 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

my p!ss 😉

Hope you feel better soon

slugwash
    Free Member

Probably bovine TB 😉

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Could be any number of things depending on incubation, symptoms etc
    eg cryptosporidia, salmonella, campylobacter etc etc.
    If you feel unwell go to see your GP with a stool sample and they will investigate further.
    Cheers
    Steve

rewski
    Free Member

What David Walliams has got?

Cougar

A fear of doctors? An inability to describe symptoms when asking for advice? Broken Shift keys?

rocketman
    Free Member

Never drink any natural water in the UK. There is always a dead sheep in the stream higher up.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

I keep pukeing and stomach feels like ive eaten a brick. Used to do it in Cornwall all the time no problems.

wwaswas

There is always a dead sheep in the stream higher up

Next time it could be a childs face.

derek_starship
    Free Member

You need early medical intervention. Antidote not anecdote.

grum
    Free Member

AIDS

geoffj

😀 @ Cougar

Rubber_Buccaneer

Drinking from streams without using a puritab or similar? I expect you have a range of parasites multiplying rapidly in your body. I wouldn’t worry about it.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I expect you have a range of parasites multiplying rapidly in your body.

Hah! bugs ****, in your body!

clubber
    Free Member

Drinking from streams without using a puritab or similar?

Oh! Just reread the thread – I’d assumed that you had indeed used a puritab or similar. 😯

crispedwheel
    Free Member

spring next to that house on the other side of jacobs ladder as if you’re going up the hill to go down it,

That’s not half way up is it – more like in the valley bottom.

Anyway, what did your doctor say?

binners

Oh lordy! Sounds to me like you could have fallen victim of the infamous Hora Trail Poo.

davidrussell
    Free Member

drank from mountain streams in Scotland for many years and never once had the trots.

i know this is largely irrelevant but so is asking for medical diagnosis on a bike forum, so we’re all square i think.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

so we’re all square i think.

Not me Daddio!

camo16
    Free Member

i know this is largely irrelevant but so is asking for medical diagnosis on a bike forum, so we’re all square i think

Is it square to be irrelevant? Ay Carrera!

OP – as ^^^^^. Medication not hesitation.

woody2000

Giardiasis

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Expect to be urinating blood, excruciating stomach pains, embarrassing doctors visits, and finally an unpleasant bladder examination. Guess where the camera goes?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Rabies.

Scabies.

And possibly, Gout.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Gout is a given. All those (im)purines

hora
    Free Member

Could be farm/chemical run-off thats entered the water higher up.

It’d be very rare that it’ll be a sheep further up.

Anyone seen that petrol/diesel-like residue on surface/puddle water up in the Peaks- what is that?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In the OP’s defence, I’ve drunk from streams for years with no puritabs (yeuchhhh), as long as it’s flowing the odd’s of getting a bug are minimal and the odds of anything worse requiring medical treatment minute.

Seem’s you were just unlucky, get to the Doc’s.

GrahamS

All those imp urines

Why are small mythical creatures pissing in spring water?

derek_starship
    Free Member

@ GrahamS

Help yourself!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Also have drunk from streams around the UK for years without puritabs or a problem – think you have to be fairly unlucky.

The one time I did have a problem I didn’t drink anything but didn’t realise that upstream of the river I was swimming across to go surfing was a sewage plant which, when it rained heavily, I paraphrase “open storage tanks to purge the extra liquids to ensure the tanks are not over-filled, this can include raw sewage”. Nice. A days vomiting and squits followed by a helicobacter infestation and 3 weeks on 3.5g of antibiotics per day and I’m fine 🙂 Still drink from streams.

Klunk
    Free Member

had to drink stream water round penmachno (the high traverse section) the stuff was bloody horrible, no ill effects, just tasted awful. 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Just below the natural campsite area klunk?

Klunk
    Free Member

more a sheep based bouquet 😳 😉

Bregante

so we’re all square i think.
    Not me Daddio!

pmsl

Reluctant
    Free Member

Campylobacter is most likely from sheep sh!t. Weils disease would be my second guess, from rat urine. 😯 You’re better off being thirsty than having them diseases.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

it tasted really peaty. will buy some puratabs i think, my tummy hurts 🙁

wwaswas

it tasted really peaty

Peaty, earlier;

showerman
    Free Member

bad news you could have damaged your liver even worse you may not wake up in the morning
    never drink water unless its from a trusted source
    look at david williams went for a little swim in the thames and has been very unwell since

gwaelod
    Free Member

Liver fluke I expect, or it could be a tapeworm…it’ll grow to 29feet long in your intestines…that’s what my biology teacher used to tell us.

thegreatape
    Free Member

it tasted really peaty. will buy some puratabs i think, my tummy hurts

Good plan. 2 tablets 3 times a day after meals for 1 week.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

rocketman – Member

Never drink any natural water in the UK. There is always a dead sheep in the stream higher up.

Highland water is perfectly safe. Many of us drink it whenever we are in the hills and many houses have untreated highland water supplies.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Drank spring water from half way up Jacobs ladder now feeling ill :(’ is closed to new replies.