Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Doggie Walkers excuses – a new one?
  • antigee

any way a new one on me
    walking along a footpath(i’d forgotten my running shoes) minding myown business when black labrador runs up snaps at my hand – then jumps up with paws, neither action overly aggressive but you never know – dog is called off by distant owner who not surprisingly tells me –
    “he’s only a puppy”
    “he doesn’t mean any harm”
    me:
    “maybe keep him on a lead”
    dog owner:
    “he’ll never learn if I do that”

…there you go, what a service i was providing

Cougar

“Would he like to learn to swim?”

handyman
    Free Member

Used know a guy had a collie and a retreiver so well trained they would walk along side us no lead and only run off when given ther ok by the owner and he would call the dog and say to the other “run free” and off it went, amazing really even walking past sheep the dogs never left his side unless told they could

bigyinn
    Free Member

Starting a dog thread on a friday afternoon means it’ll be closed by monday and all the usual suspects won’t be able to draw it out to 9 pages plus before closure!

DezB
    Free Member

Some dog owners certainly have touch of genius about them.
    Commuting on my bike yesterday, I pass this woman and her son (I presume) on a footpath (I’m on the road). This is a path schoolkids use… so behind this woman is a little sausage dog curling one out onto the path… the woman is walking, the dog’s on a lead, so she is dragging the poor sodding thing along while it’s trying to take a dump.
    I call out “He’s having a pooh!” she smiles and nods.
    She KNOWS!
    “Pick it up then you skank” – well I’m probably out of earshot by the time I shout this.. but Jeez, what scum.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Kick the owner in the nutts next time…

That’ll learn ‘im! 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

nothing worse than being dragged along the pavement whilst you’re trying to have a pooh.

thankfully elderly care in the UK has come along way in the past few years.

MrNutt
    Free Member

hey, leave me out of it, I always pick up my own droppings

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Point proved……… 😀

Torminalis
    Free Member

I was out walking with the dog the other day and I went around a corner to see a retriever laying some cable in the middle of the path. Slap bang in the middle! It’s owner was about 10 metres past it looking at the sky, her shoes, the trees, basically anywhere but her dog. I said

‘Your dog just did a shit in the path’
    To which she replied…
    ‘No he didn’t’

WTF, I just watched him! anyway, at this point the dog has finished doing it’s business and has started to try and play with my dog. She is obviously a little bit embarassed so she makes to drag her dog away, whacks the lead on him and starts to drag him up the path when she unceremoniously manages to slip on her own dogs non existent shit. she nearly hits the deck but manages to get it all the way up the side of her shoe.

At this point I am cracking up, having just witnessed the single most impressive instance of instant Karma of my whole life so she scowls at me. I say

‘You just slipped up in your own dogs shit’
    she looked me right in the eye and growled
    ‘No I didn’t’

Best thing to happen so far this year.

Alcopop
    Free Member

Torminalis superb funniest thing ive heard all day
    brightened up my day …instant Karma indeed

loum
    Free Member

+1 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Had a better ending than my one, thats fer sure.

warton
    Free Member

I was on the beach this week with my 20 month old son. I was kneeling down sorting out his turn ups when 2 black labs, out of a group of 7 that were being walked with their 3 owners bounded up from behind me and got right in his face. Although my son is fine with dogs normally, he got a fright and started screaming, I pushed one away but the other one got right in his face agan (not agressive at all BTW), and as I was picking up my boy the lab jumped up at him.

2 seconds later he ran away yelping and whining. No idea what happened your honour.

The owners were 100 metres down the beach, totally oblivious to what was going on.

transapp
    Free Member

Excellent!
    Oh, and training a dog to walk to heel is simple. Anyone who can’t do it, shouldn’t be allowed a dog. Training to run just behind my bike was a little more difficult (kept coming alongside, not always easy to swerve or get through tight gaps) but still managed in a couple of months.

That might help kick it off!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh I like that story.

carriegold
    Free Member

Speaking as the owner of two large and extremely bouncy dogs – dog owners can be right sh1tes.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Doggie Walkers excuses – a new one?’ is closed to new replies.