Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Doesn't it make your heart swell with pride…
  • ononeorange

Surely Joe Dolce could have freed up his busy performing schedule?

instanthit
    Free Member

How about Weller doing an accoustic version of That’s Entertainment.
    On a slightly aside note, my mate is involved in the local running scene in Exeter and he was initially part of the planning for when the olympic flame came through, but he pulled out because he said it was nothing to do with promoting sport, just politicians doing the “me, me”.
    I am losing the will to support this olympics.

meehaja
    Free Member

The Olympics, what a load of shite. Let’s celebrate the biggest sporting occasion in the world by building the worlds biggest McDonalds, putting SAMs on tower blocks, and trotting out some 80s has-beens. Yay.

The whole thing is just a massive corporate circle jerk.

This should be the official slogan. I love the olympics, I get really into it, I get really excited about it (the winter olympics too).

This time I just can’t be arsed. Maybe its just because its local so I get to see all the whinging, moaning, corporate rubbish and political soggy biscuit games, but isn’t it meant to be about the best sportsmen and women in the world, doing the best in their chosen sports? Maybe I’m naive, maybe I’m getting old and cynical but I’d rather not be a part of a pre decided demographic that a focus group decided was ripe for meeting sales targets. I just like to watch people playing sports.

oldgit
    Free Member

Marianne Faithful or her mum Vera lynn.

binners

I am losing the will to support this olympics.

Start from the point where the rest of us miserable buggers are. If you think its all a cynical tax-payer fleecing, corporate ****-fest, then you’re unlikely to be disappointed

molgrips
    Free Member

The whole thing is just a massive corporate circle jerk

There’s that, but there’s also some sport.

I want to see sporting heroes do their stuff, and I can ignore the rest of the shite.

speaker2animals

And remember the organisers did ask if Keith Moon would be interested in a Who re-union.

But as said you can stuff the Olympics where the sun don’t shine. Never been a big sport fan so never of great interest but after seeing people being evicted at night by armed “police” to make way for Beijing it just came home that it really is morally corrupt w”*k.

As said before we should have flogged it to the French when we won it, we could have paid off/not increased the national debt further, but then Lord Seb would cry wouldn’t he? And we must keep that vile little g*t happy.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Duran (can’t be arsed to type it twice) are the shittest band ever

Now Dez, we’ve been through this all before and I’ve already told you who the shittest band ever are, haven’t I?
    😈

DezB
    Free Member

And you were wrong 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No. Look, I’m right and you know it.

Plink plonk plink plonk monotone drone no talent

That’s them that is.

kimbers

the sad thing is seb coe/alan partridge probably thinks that duran duran are down with the kids anyway

emsz
    Free Member

Hardly matters.

music for mums isn’t it?

edit: Plink plonk plink plonk monotone drone no talent

that could be loads of bands…

alex222
    Free Member

Should have been Roni Size and Represent

Oh and please watch Seb Coe related video content

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07sWzYObnk[/video]

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSq8ZBdSxNU[/video]

sneakyg4
    Free Member

I’ve never heard anyone say they don’t like Adele…

Pie eating troll with much less talent than she thinks she has. A triumph of middle of the road blandness.

Frankly, its all been rubbish since Busted broke up.

DezB
    Free Member

Wahay! I have now. Noted that it’s your first (sort of) musical opinion ever aired on STW, so no idea if you actually have a clue, or not.

grum
    Free Member

I’m not a big Adele fan, but she is credible, and massively popular all around the world – I know someone who was in Brazil recently and all the kids there were obsessed by her.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Truthfully I know nothing, my actual favourite band is Green Day, but I genuinely don’t mind a bit of Busted.

Its all been crap since S Club 7 Broke up anyway.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Iron Maiden, they could have done The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner.

And Running Free.

And Run to the Hills.

And Run Silent, Run Deep.

And These Colours Don’t Run.

And given Dickinson is/was a very good (Olympic standard I believe) fencer: The Duellists and Flash of the Blade.

8)

TheSanityAssassin

I’ve genuinely never even heard of this Adele of which you speak.

Fortunately, it would seem…

DezB
    Free Member

The Sanity Assassin – Member

I guess you wouldn’t care if it was Duran Duran or the Hollies playing then…
    (not that I do)

binners

Sneaky – Does that include the output of strangely asexual android strumpet Rachel Stevens?

nbt

Surely Joe Dolce could have freed up his busy performing schedule?

He’s australian.

IHN

And how is it in the cave in which you live?

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Sneaky – Does that include the output of strangely asexual android strumpet Rachel Stevens?

Was never a fan of her solo efforts, they were much stonger as a whole. Besides, I think I had moved on to Sophie Ellis Bextor by then.

I have been told that some of them toured last year as S Club 3, a sadder concert than that I simply can’t imagine. Could not get anyone to go with me.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Doesn't it make your heart swell with pride…’ is closed to new replies.