Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Does anyone use a maxx d on their road bike
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

There has been one topic about this but nothing really conclusive.

I cant make my mind up between a strada, toro or maxx d.

I road bike and MTB equally so thats why i am thinking of the new maxx d

trail_rat
    Free Member

i do – just point it at the road more !

amplebrew

I use an Eduro Maxx2 for commuting and it’s great.

Cars actually sit at junctions and wait for you, thinking it’s a motorbike.

I use it on my tourer which has bar end shifters.

A guy I work with bought one for his Specialized road bike and he had a few issues with the gear cables on his sti levers.

The cables basically got in the way of the beam causing shadows on the road and reflecting light back at him.

woffle
    Free Member

I used my Maxx-D on my (road) commute daily – just had to make sure it wasn’t on full / angled across traffic. Worked great on speedy downhills on slightly dodgy country roads where a pothole would mean serious trouble…

That said, my Enduro Maxx copes perfectly well on the same routes, it was just a little more comfortable with the extra lumens.

yetiguy
    Free Member

it was just a little more comfortable with the extra lumens.

the extra lumens just got even more “extra” – from 960 to 1200

mactheknife

Do people ride on the road at night? Serious question because i find drivers bad enough in the daylight.

yetiguy
    Free Member

Mack

I always train early so will typically be out the door at 5 in the morning, then back at 10 ish.

So for me its dark early morning rides, i also train in the lake district and dales so no street lighting, and lots of sheep

woffle
    Free Member

the extra lumens just got even more “extra” – from 960 to 1200

..which is why I’m waiting on delivery of a Trout Liberator @1800+ lumens 🙂

My commute to work starts are around 4am (in the dark) and there’s not too much daylight left shortly I’ll be coming home in the dark too in the evenings. That’s on mainly country roads, unlit and a plethora of wildlife / potholes / mud and debris etc

njee20
    Free Member

The cables basically got in the way of the beam causing shadows on the road and reflecting light back at him.

I found that, I just bend the gear cable around it, still shifts perfectly.

yetiguy
    Free Member

I am gonna be trying to run the maxx d on my bars with a set of tri bars, i imagine there will be a fair bit of shadow

trail_rat
    Free Member

put the maxx d o nthe end of the tri bars – thats where mine lived !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone use a maxx d on their road bike’ is closed to new replies.