Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Does anyone own a Tag Heuer Carrera Caliber 5 (or know about Tags)
  • oxnop
    Free Member

Does your watch have luminous hour markers or just hands.

A bit worried that my new watch may be a fake!!!

Apostrophe removed 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Go over to Watchuseek or TZ UK as that’s where all the enthusiasts hang out. Is it an aquaracer?

grantway
    Free Member

Ouch For what I know about TAG is that all of the watch
    faces they sell are Luminous apart from one model that was
    digital.
    Go to a proper dealer and show them and put it side by side
    with the one in the shop.

oxnop
    Free Member

Its a Carrera Caliber 5 so not part of the aquaracer family. Im only doubting myself as I read that over 70% of watches on eBay are fake!!

Ewan
    Free Member

How much did you pay?

CountZero

Pretty sure any watch of quality is going to have luminous markers, particularly sports/divers watches. My c.1985 Series 1000 Professional has a luminous face as well as hands and hour markers. The only watch I’d buy from the Internet, apart from a recognised dealer, would be a replica, ‘cos then you’d be absolutely confident you were being sold a fake. Replica, I should say.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

The calibre 5 doesn’t have luminous hands or hour markers. the classic does though. Post pics of the back if you’ve got them to hand. The weight is usually the difference in the fakes. The bracelet usually doesn’t feel ‘solid’ either.

oxnop
    Free Member

Ill get some pics posted up now.

The watch certainly feels real, and compared to my mates fake looks 100% better finished.

From reading around it seems that the caliber 5 only had luminous hands. But ill see what the STW experts think once I post pics.

Strangelove
    Free Member

According to World Watch Review only the hands are luminous not the hour markers

Hadge
    Free Member

Hour markers ARE luminous and depends on the watch model how much too. For instance the F1 watch has little dots that are luminous where as Links have small strips of luminous markings on the hour markers. Hope that helps 🙂

oxnop
    Free Member

Hopefully the rubbish phone pics will allow someone to give me an informed opinion. 😀

King-ocelot
    Free Member

In photo2 if has the glass got a green tinge to it, if you look at the side?

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

Did it come with box and papers? Whilst of course these can be replicated it’s much rarer for the rip off merchants to sell the whole package, saying it was lost in a house move usually.

oxnop
    Free Member

Did it come with box and papers? Whilst of course these can be replicated it’s much rarer for the rip off merchants to sell the whole package, saying it was lost in a house move usually.

No, that was my issue. It came in a Tag box but a pathetic one at that. The seller said that he had lost them and that he had sent the watch in a old box. The seller had 100% positive feedback and I have paypal protection.

in photo2 if has the glass got a green tinge to it, if you look at the side?

I dont notice a green tinge when its on its side?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It just looked a bit green but I could not be sure. Replicas often have cheap glass that’s green when viewed sideways. If this is a replica it’s going to be quite high in the grading so the most common signs will be accounted for. Since it’s hard to judge a quality replica over photographs I would do as suggested and take it to a Tag dealer. You can send it off and get a new box and paperwork at cost to yourself. I hope it’s real for you and your happy with it.

Hadge
    Free Member

People sell TAG boxes on eBay so a box isn’t a guarantee it’s genuine. I wouldn’t touch one without papers and original receipt. I know a few genuine sellers on there and know a top top service shop who they both use. Take it to a dealer and if it’s a fake them as you’ve paid by PayPal just get in touch with them and eBay. If his listing says it’s genuine then you’ve got them – if it doesn’t say anytihng you could be on dodgy ground.

Houns

Off topic but i’m after a puppytooth shirt, what is/where did you get yours?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Lovely watch, not too ostentatious for a TH

plop_pants
    Free Member

I’ve got a recent Carrera and most things compare well with yours. The only things that are different are the depth of your watch, mine is deeper, and the inscription on the back of yours is more pronounced. Otherwise the proportions seem good to me, the hands are the same shape and length and have the luminous pain in the same places.

cpon
    Free Member

Compare it with images of the fake in the link below and take it to an authorised dealer for peace of mind.

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_210&products_id=6625&zenid=1402557e2f2c777d745893cf15220278

dooosuk
    Free Member

£600 is a lot to gamble on it being real from Ebay 😯

Hope for you it is…if I’ve looked at the right listing the seller doesn’t sell a lot of watches by the looks of it so he could be genuine.

oxnop
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice, I started a topic on Watchseek last night and the consensus was that its real.

For piece of mind I took it into a jewellers today and they confirmed that it is real. Phew!!

if I’ve looked at the right listing the seller doesn’t sell a lot of watches by the looks of it so he could be genuine.

I think you have seen the right ad 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone own a Tag Heuer Carrera Caliber 5 (or know about Tags)’ is closed to new replies.