Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dodgy auction on ebay, what to do?
  • feenster
    Free Member

Saw this on ebay. I’m no expert in spotting these things, but looks dodgy to me. It’s a P7 pro, he says selling for his brother, but he’s got all the details wrong; 24″ wheels, 18″ (frame no such size), aluminium, 8 gears. Surely someone with a bike like that should know something about it? Seems dodge to me.

What could/should I do?

feenster
    Free Member

sorry, link

uplink
    Free Member

Doesn’t look overly dodgy to me

pimpmyride
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy it 🙁

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Saw this on ebay. I’m no expert in spotting these things, but looks dodgy to me. It’s a P7 pro, he says selling for his brother, but he’s got all the details wrong; 24″ wheels, 18″ (frame no such size), aluminium, 8 gears. Surely someone with a bike like that should know something about it? Seems dodge to me.

What could/should I do?

Nothing.

You have no proof whatsoever its dodgy..

Jamie
    Free Member

uplink – Member

Doesn’t look overly dodgy to me

The spelling on the other hand….

feenster
    Free Member

Just seems odd to me that a someone could get the details so totally wrong for a bike like that, plus it’s going for a song at the moment.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

pick up only how could you lose?

feenster
    Free Member

…plus, it occurred to me that I could do a good samaritan/interfering busy body thing, and potentially get someone re-united with their bike…so was wondering if there are ‘channels’ for this sort of thing….

feenster
    Free Member

just to clarify, not looking to buy, just sticking my nose in

Fraz
    Free Member

Thanks for clarifying…

Im not so sure anyone shares your views tho.

fennerhorne
    Free Member

I contacted seller about the bike, and he does seem to be selling it for his brother as I got a response from the brother with the bike who told me it had ‘full XT’. However, he didn’t seem to appreciate my comments about mtb bike wheels being 26″ and not 24″, and when I pointed out it couldn’t have 28 gears, he wrote back ‘9×3=28’ 😆 Only 1 previous sale, mmm, don’t know, as above you can’t do owt about it – it’s collect anyway (although he did agree to post it) so if you’re in Bristol it might be worth a punt, and just don’t pay for it until you pick it up, or even better if sbdy from Bristol could ask to see it, and let us know if it’s OK we can bid on it with confidence

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If it’s in Bristol, then it probably is stolen!

Lanesra
    Free Member

Dodgy as ****, it’s listed as a mounting bike ffs

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I got as fr as “item location: bristol”

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Been done before lads;
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/nicked-orange-p7 😉

I might ‘buy’ it – i.e. recover it & return to police, giving him a helping hand while i’m at it! 😈

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dodgy auction on ebay, what to do?’ is closed to new replies.