Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 163 total)
  • do you think iran will be invaded ?
  • milkyman
    Free Member

do you think iran will be invaded ?

beinbhan

no but the fat one might

wwaswas

not while Obama is president – he’s spent the whole time since coming to office trying to get US troops out of the middle east…

binners

Invaded? No.

Nuked? Depends on the results of the American elections. But probably, yes.

jam-bo

No.

Speshpaul

What with mountain bikes??????

wallace1492
    Free Member

There maybe something nasty round the corner. Israel will not let them develop nuclear weapons, Iran will keep trying. Syria may join in to try and rally the people from infighting to a commom enemy.

There are accidents waiting to happen

kimbers

at the moment it seems that mossad (+ usa?) can waltz around inside iran unopposed anyway

theyve bombed at least one suspected nuclear site,
    released viruses into their cybersphere
    and are happy to assassinate scientists on their way to work or whilst dropping their kids off at nursery
    etc etc

Lifer
    Free Member

Romney and Gringrich – We’d go to war to keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons

Romney said that if “crippling sanctions” and other strategies fail, military action would be on the table because it is “unacceptable” for Iran to become a nuclear power.

Gingrich agreed, saying that if “maximum covert operations” and other strategies failed there would be no other choice. First, though, the United States consider “taking out their scientists,” and “breaking up their systems, all of it covertly, all of it deniable,” Gingrich said.

“If we re-elect Barack Obama, Iran will have a nuclear weapon. And if you elect Mitt Romney, Iran will not have a nuclear weapon,” said Romney.

Ron Paul strongly disagreed with his two rivals, stressing the need to go to Congress before taking military action and saying it isn’t worthwhile to use military force against Iran.

“I’m afraid what’s going on right now is similar to the war propaganda that went on against Iraq,” he said.

rOcKeTdOg

not from this forum

binners

The only redeeming feature of that Lifer is that Romney and Gingrich probably don’t actually know where Iran is on the map

voodoo_chile

Bilderberg , has probably declared it is time for another conflict, with the US at the helm …Obama having control !!! he has the control he is told to have ,like every other puppet

and relax

no way ,why would they ?

wrecker
    Free Member

Gingrich agreed, saying that if “maximum covert operations” and other strategies failed there would be no other choice. First, though, the United States consider “taking out their scientists,” and “breaking up their systems, all of it covertly, all of it deniable,” Gingrich said.

What’s the point in telling everyone what you’re intending to do and stating that it’ll be deniable?
    What truly bizarre statements. The americans are gonna love him.

Klunk
    Free Member

i could see a limited campaign/invasion to make sure all nuclear facitities are destroyed and as a many techs captured as possible. With secondary object of engaging the iranian army and complete obliterating it as per the iraqi army in the first gulf war. I don’t think they’ll try the occupation thing again. Go in wreak havoc and get out.

totalshell

aran will fight harder and better than iraq.. they will fight dirty and they will only care about beating up israel.. they have nuclear weapons ( dirty bomb potential) and the russkies and chinese dont dislike em..

Klunk
    Free Member

probably true, but once you’ve lost your airforce in the first 24 hours your doomed, even the french/italian and the raf managed to bomb an army back to the stone age in 8 weeks.

GEDA
    Free Member

Iran did not play dirty in the Iran Iraq war. While Iraq bombed Iran with chemical weapons Iran did not. Iran did kill loads of its own people though and used the whole thing to go more and more extreme. Strange seeing pictures of Iran before the revolution. They seem so western. Anyway to me it seems that the main reason the people in Iran live under the regime they do now is down to the USA and UK policy. The status quo kind of of suits the US as they can sell weapons to the other gulf states “for defence” against Iran.

Oh I I am pretty sure that a dirty bomb is not actually a threat/real weapon in reality. They just do not work.dirty bomb

loum
    Free Member

binners – Member
    The only redeeming feature of that Lifer is that Romney and Gingrich probably don’t actually know where Iran is on the map

This is not a redeeming feature. They will launch the nukes a long tine before they pass 11+ geography. As long as they don’t land within their own borders, they will then claim victory and justify doing it again.

Lifer
    Free Member

Strange seeing pictures of Iran before the revolution. They seem so western.

Well the Shah had quite a lot of help…

But that’s one thing that led to his downfall, the perception that he was a US puppet, along with the oppression that went on under him.

GEDA
    Free Member

The shah was installed as as a result of UK and US involvement. They got rid of a democratic government as the leader wanted to nationalise the oil.

loum
    Free Member

Lifer
    Romney said that if “crippling sanctions” and other strategies fail, military action would be on the table because it is “unacceptable” for Iran to become a nuclear power.

A good public debate always helps keep things covert and deniable.

Lifer
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed this when I saw it:

The Queen of Persia – 4OD

kilo

With secondary object of engaging the iranian army and complete obliterating it as per the iraqi army in the first gulf war

And that war went well, even from a US viewpoint ;

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2010/09/03/the-u-s-war-in-iraq-is-over-who-won/

shouldn’t we beat some of the weaker teams such as the Taliban before asking the Iranians for a match?

LHS
    Free Member

Israel will continue to get all jumpy
    The rest of the world will be all indecisive
    Israel will launch a pre-emptive strike against Irans nuclear installations
    Iran will retaliate and the US will be drawn into the defence of Israel.
    In the meantime China will have built another 30 aircraft carriers and increased the size of their army by another 10million.

chewkw
    Free Member

To OP what for? More mouths to feed? Too much free time on our hands to feed others?

No, even if they invite others to rule them …

But if they cause trouble just nuke them bits by bits …

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

yes, its not IF but When, we have been pushing for total middle east control sorry (regime change) for Years now … its just around the corner IMO (cheers Israel) :O(

Klunk
    Free Member

And that war went well, even from a US viewpoint ;

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2010/09/03/the-u-s-war-in-iraq-is-over-who-won/

shouldn’t we beat some of the weaker teams such as the Taliban before asking the Iranians for a match?

the key phrase in my point was

With secondary object of engaging the iranian army and complete obliterating it as per the iraqi army in the first gulf war

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Israeli troops look up for dropping in on the Iranians either that or their the ones that will nuke them. After all one of Nostradamus Prophecies is that war will come from the East resulting in the end the world, oh joy!

Russell96

If they only sell their oil in Euros then it’ll happen.

Junkyard
    Free Member

we sure as hell wont if they have nukes which is the very reason they want nukes.

Apart from the US no one has used them offensively as there primary function is defensive …dont **** with me as I have nukes.
    It works a treat for North Korea.

Will we ..no idea the wests startling hypocrisy knows no limits so possibly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The EU has just put in place a ban on purchasing oil from Iran (though existing contracts can run till July).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think it’s highly likely that Iran will be extensively bombed. We aren’t being fed this daily anti-Iranian propaganda for nothing.

Whilst of course western governments kept very quiet about oil-rich Saudi Arabia announcing last week that they needed to build their own nuclear industry.

China to Aid Saudi Arabia in Nuclear Power Development

Still, the totalitarian regime in Saudi Arabia which stones to death its citizens are our mates, so that’s alright then. Specially as the Saudi regime is so stable that there is no chance it will fall into the hands of “extremists”

kilo

Klunk

I stand corrected (well siting in the kitchen actually)

Lifer
    Free Member

I think that war with Iran would be a line that the secular Israelis wouldn’t be prepared to cross. Tensions are already running high between the Ultra-Orthodox, Religious Zionists and Secularists; in fact there was an article in Haaretz saying that is heading to a point where the only solution will be a 4 state one under a federal government – Palestinians, Secular Israelis, Religious Zionists and Ultra Orthodox Jews.

iDave
    Free Member

<selfish>
    I hope not as a good friend and an ex GF (EDIT and loads of other nice people) live there.
    </selfish>

Lifer
    Free Member

I hope not as loads of people live there!

chewkw
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member

… After all one of Nostradamus Prophecies is that war will come from the East resulting in the end the world, oh joy!

Woohoo! Finally end of the world! At least earth can regenerate again with the maggots infestation gone. Prresssss tttthhhhheeee bbbbuuttooon …!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Woohoo! Finally end of the world!

Prresssss tttthhhhheeee bbbbuuttooon …!

chewkw dreams …….

Zedsdead
    Free Member

A couple of my mates are hoping they will be invaded as they will make rediculous amounts of money from the aftermath. Not my kind of thing…

rossi46
    Free Member

There is a popular phrase that goes ‘Every American president will have his war’. Well Obama hasnt had one yet……

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 163 total)

The topic ‘do you think iran will be invaded ?’ is closed to new replies.