Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Delonghi Magnifica esam 4200 – any good?
  • racemonkey

Just been told that this machine's on offer for £280 and I'm sorely tempted.

I've read a few reviews online and they seem pretty positive.

I was wondering if anyone here had one and if they rate it.

Is it worth £280 (think the original rrp was about £330). Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

racemonkey

TheTompy
    Free Member

Ours was delivered last Saturday (from Sainsburys). It's excellent. I lived in Italy for 18 months so I know a good espresso and this machine does a great espresso. Turn the knobs a bit and you can get a nice strong Americano/Long Black.

If you do get one, here's a tip: use cheap beans at first because we used almost 250g of Lavazza beans just by working out what settings were required to get the kind of coffees we like.

racemonkey

Cheers

Went to Sainsburys earlier and purchased one. Think I'll go back and buy some cheap beans in the morning so I can carry out some testing 🙂

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Just bought one of these myself, pleased with the coffee, but having trouble with the optimal settings.

A few questions?

What do you set the grinding to? If I go lower than about 3 or 4, the coffee stalls and only drips out.

Also, the temperature of the coffee isnt hot enough, I need to microwave it back up. If this likely to be effected by the amount of coffee and coursness at all?

Lovely crema on the coffee though, and the steamer seems pretty good, even if the arm is a little awkward to use.

cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Delonghi Magnifica esam 4200 – any good?’ is closed to new replies.