Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Delamere Monday Night Riders
  • nickingsley
    Free Member

I was asked do you “have” to be at the Red Fox on time in the same way we head in to Delamere at 7:30 – Answer : definitely not.

If you can make it for 7 for 7:30 thats fine, but its no problem at all if you turn up later.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Anyone want any copies of STW mag? I’ve got issues 14-60, if so I’ll sling them in the car on Monday

Looking forward to a good curry 😀

marcus7
    Free Member

Hey i may even stay for the full night…..sorry about last week i just felt like death.. and sorry to rich for not being available for a spin round today… i may try for a pass out tomorrow night if there is any interest….(as i’ll be chomping curry on monday).

loddrik
    Free Member

Really want to get along to some of these, gotta sort out some babysitting first though…

Marmoset
    Free Member

Anyone out tomorrow? Any daylight rides occuring?

lipseal
    Free Member

Think there is a ride tomorrow night, I was going to go but car is playing up so it’s a bail from me.

squin
    Free Member

Rich, I think Steve M and a few others are planning a ride Tues morning at 10am. There was a thread on here the other week. Paul McC responded to it so might know what’s happening.

Stu

Divagirl
    Free Member

assume ride still on tonight? bringing cake

curlie467
    Free Member

I will be there.

Divagirl
    Free Member

argh, having to swerve it after all, sorry guys xxx <I will think of you all when I eat the cake tho>

stevemakin

ride tomorrow at 10am, meet up at the cafe (not train station cafe) slow and chilled, coffee and cake type of ride, riders with hip flasks welcome 🙂

all welcome actually !

davedodd
    Free Member

Unfortunately I’m not out tonight as done a ride from Loggerheads today. I suspect it’ll be icy tonight.
    Should be there next week.
    Steve, have a great ride, wish I could have made it.

stevemakin

I’ll try and get there next week Dave, I really need to start riding again

stevemakin

nice to meet you Nick, if only for an hour 🙂

Hopefully the ice will be well on its way now, that was fun but sketchy

nickingsley
    Free Member

Good to meet you guys and someone famous (sorry Steve no offence but that was Dan !!). Good pic of Delamere on the front!
    Agree it was more Torvil and Dean than mtb on parts of the fireroads so I headed up to the hospital run where the gloop had frozen and the the singletrack was unseasonably quick down to Waterloo. Repeated that a couple of times with Toms Tunnel and ended up having a good 3hr tootle round – good stuff.

Look forward to seeing the Monday Night Ride back to normal on the 3rd Jan;
    – wind and rain predicted
    – banana bread ready
    and the Trophy for the Blue Ribbon Event – ‘Best Crash’ is still to be claimed ……..there was even a chocolate gold medal to go with it but that was snaffled by ANOther

nickingsley
    Free Member

Delamere under threat from Forestry Commission (fc) Sell Off ?

Anyone know much about the details of this ??

Link here but underwhelming amount of information/detail Forestry Commission Sell Off including Delamere ??

Heard rumours of Centre Parcs wanting to buy and seal off but I had understood there was a right to roam ??

jamiew84
    Free Member

Hi, new to stw and just found this. Is anyone able to come along? I am not a total newb and am ok fit. Not claiming to be a xc whippet…..

Have trained around delamere for about the last 6 months in evenings – monday was normally a day off.

Where do you normally meet? I have read that this is a closely guarded secret 😉 so an email would be great.

Cheers Jamie

jamiew84
    Free Member

In that case, i hope to see some people there on monday evening…. Time to loose some turkey and pie weight.

curlie467
    Free Member

I will be there. Email me jamie at johnbpowley@aim.com and i will confirm where to meet.

Divagirl
    Free Member

I’m coming tonight, hope I won’t be on my own. Anyone else?

curlie467
    Free Member

Oops, sorry people, couldn`t make it after all. Will definitely be there next week!

Divagirl
    Free Member

Great ride Monday night thanks very much. Nice not to be last for a change. Banana bread and Bilberry muffins were spot on too xx

lipseal
    Free Member

Had a great time last night, great company and outstanding cakes perfect!

curlie467
    Free Member

My bike is in loads of pieces so couldnt come again! Really cant wait to come out again on a monday night, excellent fun!

nickingsley
    Free Member

‘Bike is in loads of pieces’ don’t worry about it just run in the forest for a couple of hours it’s just as much fun 😕 and you’ll still beat Marcus up to the Stones. You will miss the cake and banter at the end and your legs will feel a bit more tired but that’s a good feeling (I think?) just wished the tiredness lasted less than 24 hours!

Might see you guys somewhere in Delamere next Monday night with my mates High Vis and Petzl.

stevenoble@f2s.com
    Free Member

Hi does the monday night ride happen every week and if so is it on tomorrrow?

Would it be possible for em to join the group?

I am reasonably fit and used to night ride on the Southdowns. I was hoping to join your group earlier but the weather has been awful.

if it’s OK please let me know what time and where you meet.

Many thanks
    Steve

nickingsley
    Free Member

Steve, meeting point and times e-mailed to you.

Apologies for the delay.

Nic

Christian
    Free Member

A few of us did a 16km xc loop of a gps file i downloaded, went friday to try and dodge the high windsand it was a lot calmer down there than Home, was impressed with the singletrack we did, touched very little fireroad, deffo come back for more exploring.

curlie467
    Free Member

Had to cut it short last night due to epic light failure! Great shame as it was a lovely night with an excellent turnout!
    Never mind, spare lights are on order so i hope to be out next week!

dafyddc
    Free Member

Hi Are people still meeting on a Monday night at thelocation and time deleted ?
    I went on a few rides with the group last year but I was not often in the area during the week.
    This year I will be free for rides most weeks, so I will be hoping to get back properly.
    Good to make some friends in the area also.

curlie467
    Free Member

Hi, yes it is on at the same time and same place as you mentioned, it got removed from your post for security reasons.
    I will be going tonight as a few others will be as it is a nice day!

nickingsley
    Free Member

🙂

curlie467
    Free Member

😕

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Delamere Monday Night Riders’ is closed to new replies.