Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decent road bike hire in Brighton?
  • timnwild

Doing the night ride for BHF next Sat/Sun and having done it before on my Cotic without bothering to change to slicks, I’m thinking I should give myself a break. But hire places mostly do pootle around city bikes, and I’d like something a bit better. Need to hire it in or near brighton.

Any ideas?

ta

theflatboy
    Free Member

don’t know about the bike hire, but i’m doing it too. 🙂

timnwild

You a Brighton local or London?

theflatboy
    Free Member

London

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Onyourbike do them, but london rather than brighton
    http://www.onyourbike.com/rental.php

lardman
    Free Member

timnwild..

are you a Brighton local then?

timnwild

Shoreham actually. Mostly ride on Sundays round steyning, chanctonbury, sometimes Stanmer.

lardman
    Free Member

well… seeing as its for ‘charidee’….. i do have a specialized sirrus 700c straight bar thingy which you’d be welcome to borrow. Its a medium frame.
    Its got a Project 2 fork with disc on it. triple chainset, with MTB sized cassette. runs fine, and is pretty fast. It’s my commuter thing, so wont need it at the weekend.

If you want it, PM me. No worries if not.

Lee.

lardman
    Free Member

brighton town centre’ish by the way

theflatboy
    Free Member

good effort, lardman – nice people on this forum!

timnwild

That’s really kind mate – appreciate it. I’m taking a look at a mate’s road bike tonight – if it turns out to be too small, then I might take you up on that.

lardman
    Free Member

cool…. just keep me posted. It could do with a new front mech cable as its a little sticky.
    I only use the middle ring really. Tis a quick job, but might need a little warning.

It has a longish (100mm) stem, and slight riser bars. Saddles all the way back, and it is fairly long in the top tube. So, although not ‘long’ per-se: its not to cramped.

Lee.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Decent road bike hire in Brighton?’ is closed to new replies.