Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Dangerous Dog Owners & Proud
  • retro83
    Free Member

Anyone see this on CH5 last night?

Complete bunch of oxygen thieves showcasing their ‘weapons’ 😆

Particular highlights for me were the chap who got his pitbull to tear up a load of trees to prove how hard he was (get me?) and the woman who was trying to prove her dog wasn’t dangerous, only for it to maul (or get mauled by) another of her dogs on the morning of the assessment. 🙂

scunny
    Free Member

I watched it. I’ve got a Staff and an American Bull so was expecting a large protest outside my house this morning. Alas there was nothing, neighbours can’t have watched it.

Joking aside. The lad that had the red nose pit was an absolute waste of space. I’d put money on him being well known to the police in his area, so it blows my mind that he thought he could participate in the filming of the show without his dog being siezed afterwards. I wouldn’t be surprised if the police turned up and took it while the show was still being aired – and rightly so.

The clip of the red ‘irish’ staff pulling down those tree’s was nuts, i’m a big advocate of bull breeds and firmly believe that its ‘the owner not the dog’, but some of these dogs have not even been given a chance. I’d be constantly on edge if I lived near any of these people.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Didn’t watch much – unsurprising content.

Feel for the dogs TBH. What happens to the dog if its confiscated and it has been trained to act this way? Not exactly prime rehoming fodder.

scunny
    Free Member

Euthanised.

You can apply to have your pit legalised as long as you say that “I didn’t know it was a pit when i bought it” and it passes a behaviour assessment.

ElShalimo

scunny – can the owners be examined at the same time?

mudmuncher

Really don’t know why these dogs aren’t banned. If you want a dog for the right reasons, e.g. companionship etc rather than to try to look hard then get a Labrador or a poodle or any of the hundreds of other breeds that are generally pretty harmless.

I know the bad owners can make these dogs much more aggressive and dangerous but at the end of the day they have been bred to attack and kill other animals and you can never 100% predict this won’t spill over into small children or adults.

Many years ago my parents has a springer spaniel that had a lovely temperament, but when it got old it became very aggressive and started going for people. In the end he had to be put down – the vet thought it could have been a brain tumour or dementia that had caused the aggression, so you never really know for sure that even a well treated dog won’t go for someone at some point and I’d rather be fighting off a springer spaniel or poodle etc., than a blood thirsty pit bull.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Reality TV hits another new low.

Absolute scum, feel sorry for the dogs!

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Trouble is with staffies is they are being bred irresponsibly by people who give no thought to the temperament of the animals they are breeding from. Hence a lot of overly aggressive dogs out there.
    This week a friend of mines springer was nearly mauled to death by a couple of staffies. One of the guys I would say is a responsible man but his dog is just a liability.
    In my opinion only registered breeders with fully vetted dogs should be allowed to breed Staffordshire bull terriers.
    That in my opinion is the only way to save the breed from ultimately being banned.

scunny
    Free Member

Really don’t know why these dogs aren’t banned.

They are.

Trouble is with staffies is they are being bred irresponsibly by people who give no thought to the temperament of the animals they are breeding from. Hence a lot of overly aggressive dogs out there.
    This week a friend of mines springer was nearly mauled to death by a couple of staffies. One of the guys I would say is a responsible man but his dog is just a liability.
    In my opinion only registered breeders with fully vetted dogs should be allowed to breed Staffordshire bull terriers.
    That in my opinion is the only way to save the breed from ultimately being banned.

I agree with this completely. Staffies are dime a dozen in the council estates round here, i’ll not be surprised if there are some sort of restrictions in the next 10 years. That being said, if that dizzy cow off the program last night can get her fight bred pit bull authorised (after fighting only a few hours earlier) in court then you’d wonder what would have to happen for them to be seized.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’ve given up watching Channel 5. It’s programming seems to be made up almost exclusively of programs about chavs, dole scroungers and gypsies.

Cougar

Really don’t know why these dogs aren’t banned.

Because it displaces the problem, perhaps? Plenty of dangerous dog breeds – sorry, no, plenty of dog breeds with the capacity to be dangerous – that you ban ‘x’ and the knuckle-draggers start obtaining ‘y’ instead. And that’s before you get into the whole cross-breed minefield; what do you with a dog that’s half-breed and one parent is banned?

Minefield.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I didn’t watch it because I work in a prison & knew it would remind me of being there.
    Took a decent prisoner to hospital today, he’d watched it & said they were all scum on the programme!

wilburt
    Free Member

If i was growing up on an estate full of dangerous dogs I would probably carry a knife.

I know from friends whose judgement i trust that “staffies” can be a good dog but the variations I see look bloody scary and shouldn’t be allowed in public places IMO.

AdamW
    Free Member

My dog is dangerous. He nearly brained me when playing with his squeaky-ball-in-a-sock toy a few seconds ago. He’s a border collie.

fin25
    Free Member

I have two staffies, both from rescue kennels, both strays that show signs of mistreatment. In the wrong hands, both of my dogs could be dangerous, but they are not, as I am a responsible dog owner. In the year that my two dogs have lived together, they have never had one fight. My bitch, Nessa, has a few anxiety issues, most likely related to being kept in poor or isolated conditions. If these scumbags don’t own staffies, pit bulls etc, they will own huskies or rottweilers and make them dangerous.
    I don’t mind when people cross the street to avoid us when out on a walk, because they see that my dogs have good temperaments and are well controlled, eventually they might see things differently. What I do mind is when chav scum see us out walking and presume I have have staffies for fighting. They don’t usually like it when I tell them my dogs were lucky enough to be rescued from scum like them and are now two of the softest dogs you could hope to meet.
    I guess the main breed related problem is that if a Labrador or German shepherd goes for someone, their instinct is to go for arms or legs, whereas bull breeds tend to instinctively go for the neck or face. Staffies are no more likely to attack than any other dog (if looked after properly), it’s just that, if they do, they are more likely to do serious damage.
    I see far worse behaviour from so called family dogs around here, all too often my dogs have to deal with uncontrolled dogs off lead in the fields or aggressive dogs and their clueless owners.
    I’m far more worried about someone who can’t control his spaniel than I am about my dogs attacking someone…
    Back to the show, typical channel 5 nonsense…

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

He nearly brained me when playing with his squeaky-ball-in-a-sock toy a few seconds ago. He’s a border collie.

He’s just seeing if there’s anything in there before he goes all Derren Brown on ye.

anagallis_arvensis

Any dog is dangerous, staffies ate really not a human aggressive breed. Rotties, German Sheps etc are much more person aggressive. Staffies were bred for dog fighting so are aggressive at dogs not people. My lurcher is rabbit aggressive!

jambourgie
    Free Member

When I was a kid I was always getting attacked by massive Alsatians. Most Staffy’s I meet are generally daft as a brush.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

When I’m out for a walk with the family, I’m far more concerned with retards that have dogs off the lead, with absolutely no control over them, than I am with certain well known breeds. Most of these folk are not dodgy estate types as well, quite the opposite.

‘He won’t touch you love’. Wish I had a quid for every tim e I’ve heard that pearl.

Lifer
    Free Member

Couple of friends with young families have staffies and they’re some of the soppiest dogs I’ve met. Brilliant with the kids as well.

Mongrel every time for me though, don’t understand the pedigree thing at all.

martymac

nobeer
    “dont worry, he doesn’t bite”
    usually delivered seconds after fido has just bitten.
    then they really object when you point out that actually they do bite.

EDIT: ‘they’ being the owners.

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

We have a cross breed (Border Collie crossed with a German Shepherd) rescue dog from Dogs Trust. It is naturally passive and will generally lie flat when another dog approaches to demonstrate no aggression intended. I have lost count how many times our dog has been attacked by staffies…….always bloody staffies.
    One ran a good hundred yards the other day across a field to lay into our dog.
    The neighbours also have a staffie, the most loving, gentle dog you could ever meet, in a family with young kids.
    I’m sure staffies have been picked up by certain types because of the way they look, mistreated and consequently ending up dangerous. It’s a shame that staffies as a breed will be destroyed by a minority of brainless idiots.
    Channel 5 are guilty of cheap shots with stereotyping but I will say that there is a fair bit of reality in that program.

botanybay
    Free Member

Dogs look like their owners.

That’s why every pig ugly numpty staffy has an ugly owner.

wrecker
    Free Member

I have an english bull terrier X, my BIL has two springers and my mum has a collie.
    My EBT is the only dog out of the lot who hasn’t bit one of the kids. The Collie is pretty bad TBH.
    The only dog who’s ever given me a proper bite/maul was a collie. Dangerous animals.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Dangerous Dog Owners & Proud’ is closed to new replies.