Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Cycle shorts (baggies) with NO pockets – grrr and why???
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Just bought a new pair of baggies and they arrived today, good price, lovely made and really pleased with them until I realised there was no pockets!!

I just don’t understand why they do this?

This time of year I don’t see it as an issue as my coat has pockets but come summer and I go out in just a tee shirt and shorts I am forced to wear a backpack just to carry a multi tool and keys on my local loop!

Such a shame as they seem really nice!

druidh
    Free Member

I never have anything in my trouser pockets while riding. Nowt worse than having a fall on a multi-tool in a pocket…..

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I can think of some things worse..

mrmo
    Free Member

Why would you want a mutiltool banging your leg every pedal stroke? Keys, as long as it is one key i can see a pocket can be helpful.

And do you really need a multi-tool? I would have thought a puncture is more an issue, so that means pump, spare tube etc. Even with tubeless it does happen. So how do you carry a tube and pump?

jedi

i always ride with my phone in my pocket! dakine shorts have nice pockets or regular casual baggies 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Someone should make a small bag, into which useful stuff can be place, which can be strapped somewhere unobtrusive on the bike. Under the saddle might work.

cookeaa

I prefer not to have things to fall on in my pockets, plus in baggies anything with a bit of mass will tend to swing back and fourth in a rather pendulous way while your pedalling… like you I don’t like wearing a rucksack if I don’t really have to…

Have you considered a Seat pack and/or small frame bag for tools/spares when riding?
    That way your ability to carry stuff isn’t totally dependant on your outfit…

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Well if I am feeling brave I do only go out with keys (front door and garage), trails on my door step so never that far from home. I do however normally chuck in my pocket a set of stick on patches and my CO2 pump and a small multi tool and a mobile phone in the other pocket.

The banging against my leg doesn’t really bother me that much.

ChrisL

I never have anything in my trouser pockets while riding. Nowt worse than having a fall on a multi-tool in a pocket…..

Nothing hard goes into my pockets when I’m MTBing, I learnt that after landing on a pocketed multi-tool during a crash. My nose appears to run continuously while I’m outside so I like pockets for hankies though. When I’m commuting pockets are full of things like keys. I don’t think I’d go for a pocketless pair of shorts.

mefty
    Free Member

good price

Could have something to do with it

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Can’t run a seat bag as I have a dropper, might get a small frame bag, not sure which one though if anyone can recommend….

druidh
    Free Member

I have a seat bag on a dropper.

You can also get those bottle-shaped tool holders which fit in a standard bottle cage.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

They were on offer so originally expensive.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Which one?

The 2 I have seem to attach around the post to stop moving.

Speshpaul

Bum bag?
    or
    water bottle, with your multi tool, etc in ?

yunki
    Free Member

so.. what size are these shorts and how much are you selling them for..?

Del

anything with a bit of mass will tend to swing back and fourth in a rather pendulous way while your pedalling

that’s a problem i have too…

druidh
    Free Member

Jackass123456789 – Member
    Which one?

The 2 I have seem to attach around the post to stop moving.

I use a small Specialized one – fitted on a Gravity Dropper. The strap doesn’t interfere with the post at all.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Falling off with my house keys in my pocket ripped a nice little hole in my favourite shorts 😥

elaineanne
    Free Member

you shud have looked at the design of them b4 you bought them _that makes sense (most tinternet clothing now has the ‘zoom in’ option to look closely at what your buying 😉

juan
    Free Member

pocket are for tissues, maps and cereal bars.

SiB
    Free Member

Endura shorts with good velcro fastening for me…..perfect for ipod on commute, money for train (normally a £5note but £coins dont rattle), train ticket and fob for shutter at work. It just makes it easier than unzipping jacket pockets (which isnt too difficult) or rooting in ruc-sac. Small saddle bag for weekend rides cross country, empty pockets

traildog
    Free Member

I’d have thought you’d have more reason to complain about a t-shirt for riding which doesn’t have any pockets.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

I use a small Specialized one – fitted on a Gravity Dropper. The strap doesn’t interfere with the post at all.

Thats interesting as I have the same bag on my road bike so will have another look.

So do you use the seat post strap around the top of the gravity dropper (same dropper as I have) – Does the rubber boot not ger in the way?
    or do you just use the seat rail straps??

(pic might help :-))

ChrisL

The Topeak saddle pack on my commuter only attaches to the saddle. It’s not a huge one but I can get tyre levers, multi-tool and a tube into it.

juan
    Free Member

I’d have thought you’d have more reason to complain about a t-shirt for riding which doesn’t have any pockets.

Well it’s not like you can access them when (while?) mtbing…

Stripe
    Free Member

Endura Humvee shorts!!

Vents/pockets/map pockets galore!! 45 notes, but do come with an inner short(clickfast) too!

I haven’t used anything else for years!

Neil-F
    Free Member

Cheap Karrimor bumbag from Donnay or Sports direct. I got one for £5. Tube, patches, CO2 pump, cash, card, keys and phone all fit no problem. 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Cycle shorts (baggies) with NO pockets – grrr and why???’ is closed to new replies.