Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cycle parking at Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh?
  • Militant_biker

I can't find out whether there is anywhere to lock bikes up at the Royal Highland Centre near Edinburgh Airport, only that 'it's difficult to cycle to' the Royal Highland Show. They're not answering the phone either.

Does anybody here know? I'm sure there'll be a lamppost or similar, but are there any proper facilities?

Northwind

Not that I'm aware of. No lack of fences and posts etc. There's proper bike parking at the airport, which is only 5 minutes walk away or so.

Riding there wouldn't be hard at all, depends which direction you're coming from but you could take the canal to the Bridge Inn then use, is it Baird Road from there? Never cycled it myself, it's a fairly fast country road mind but no worse than the rest of them.

druidh
    Free Member

How can it be difficult to cycle to? There's a cycle lane running the full length of the A8 from Edinburgh to Newbridge.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thats what I thought – and especially with the name "militant biker" I would have thought it easy. Cycle to the showground. find large piece of street furniture. Lock bike to it with suitable lock

There are more interesting / scenic cycle routes out there as well – including offroad routes if you want.

Its a non problem

Stu_N

I quite often do an extensible commute past the end of the airport access road.

Supply your start point and how much "spare time" you can make and I will sort you with a route.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cycle parking at Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh?’ is closed to new replies.