Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Continental trail king / mountain king 2
  • razorrazoo

Anyone running these?

Am looking at a 2.2 TK front and 2.2 MK2 rear. Protection versions.

Interested in particular in the size they come up and ease of use tubeless.

Alternative is Hans Dampf / Nobby Nic combo.

ratherbeintobago

I’ve got 2.2″ MK2 ProTections F&R. They are bigger than the 2.0″ Bonty Mud X they replaced, but I’ve never measured so I don’t know what size they actually are.

Went up OK with ghetto tubeless inflator, on fairly bashed rims. I did have a bit of sealant weeping through the back tyre sidewall but that seems to have stopped now.

slimporcini
    Free Member

I’ve been running that setup all winter, with tubes though. been great, answered everything I’ve thrown at them. thinking of sticking with it for the summer, may swap out the mountain king for a x king.

razorrazoo

How does the size come up? Is there a noticeable difference between the two?

slimporcini
    Free Member

trail kings are a little bigger in a good way

slimporcini
    Free Member

clearance wise, they are sound, been running them on reba forks with a mucky nuts fender

twang
    Free Member

MK2 2.4 protections here which I like for a decent all-rounder but if you ride rocks this will happen very quickly;

I’ve also run 2.2 x kings which did the same even quicker – both black chili flavour. The 2.2s come up quite small, about the same as an old school maxxis 2.35 – ie 2.1ish HTH

razorrazoo

Hmmmmm, food for thought. Thanks .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Continental trail king / mountain king 2’ is closed to new replies.