Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Conti Race King's run tubeless – OK or a problem?
  • Blackhound

Looking to buy some fast tyres for the summer and looking at Conti RK’s.

I have read Conti’s are hard to get inflated when tubeless using Stan’s sealant or similar. Is this correct?

I am looking at 2.2″ in ‘clown’ size and my mate is looking at standard 26″ wheel, 2.2″ in the supersonic flavour.

If Conti are difficult to set up any other recommendations for a fast rolling tyre that will last and are tubeless compatible.
    (WTB nano race not available until May which is a bit late for us)

Paulio
    Free Member

I’ve set up 26″ 2.2 (non-UST) supersonics tubless on 355 rims and ran them for ages with just the occasional top up of sealant. One was a bugger to get seated (eventually needed a compressor) and the other went straight on with a track pump but both took a load of shaking and turning like in the Stan’s video to fully seal.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2.0 Race King on the back of my Pegasus & couldn’t get it inflated tubeless…although I’m notoriously cack-handed at getting that Stans crap to work. Btw, the Race King is nice & fast rolling but has the least grip of any tyre I’ve ever owned. WTB Nano is at least as fast and more grippy for the summer I reckon.

Blackhound

Thanks both.

The Nano would have been preferred but not currently available. The Bonty tyres I currently have on Bonty rims were a pain to get on, did not want the same thing all over again with the Conti’s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Conti Race King's run tubeless – OK or a problem?’ is closed to new replies.