Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Conti Baron 2.3 – Tubeless with Stan's?
  • honourablegeorge

Anyone run these tubeless? Any issues?

emmodd
    Free Member

I’d be interested to know this too.

toons
    Free Member

A mate has got his to seal.

Also the UST version is due out next year.

neninja
    Free Member

The non-UST Rubber Queen work great with Stans, so I would think the Baron would too.

qcamel
    Free Member

I am ‘the mate’ Toons refers to. Having issues with the sidewalls leaking. Got the front to seal and its holding air, the rear has been an ongoing issue and tonight have changed to another Baron to see if it was simply a bad tyre, it aint going well…. Sealent spraying out of the sidewalls….. 🙁

Will update, after I have cleaned the kitchen up!!

emmodd
    Free Member

Mine have just arrived so hoping for better results.

jedi

i burped my rq rear today off a drop at herts. the damn thing wont sit straight and looks like a bad buckle 🙁

AndyPaice
    Free Member

i burped my rq rear today off a drop at herts. the damn thing wont sit straight and looks like a bad buckle

a mate did that to a ust RQ on an off camber landing (small jump). me and another lad have had issues with the RQs wearing on the bead area in 1 or 2 months and then the exposed threads deforming / streching to put the tyre out of shape. Don’t know if it’s a bad batch or just fragile tyres 🙁

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Just given up trying to make a Baron work after a couple of weeks of thinking I’d cracked it, then suffering leaking… good tyre mind. Roll on UST version.

jedi

hmmmmmmmine looks out of shape too

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Yes I have had trouble with some Cinti’s tyres, that some of the riders I look after where using. (something to do with to much silcone to help release the tyre from the mould)
    The stan sealant wasn’t sticking to the inside, (leaving a white skin so to speak) so after a bit of testing I found it was best to wipe/rub the inside of the tyre with a rag and Dot 5 brake fluid, then clean the inside with brake cleaner and a new rag. (think I even washed it with soapy water as well)

Then put an extra scope of stans and inflate,hopefully you notice it is better but you still need to inflate higher than normal running pressure and go for a quick spin, it should settle down after 2/3 rides (so might be worth taking a pump with you just in case it goes a little soft)

Also be worth checking the sealant level after 5 or so rides just to make sure there is some in the tyre and also to check if the sealant (white skin) has stuck to the inside of the tyre and if that happens all should be OK!

Northwind

Took forever for my non-UST rubberqueens to seal- they foamed away like mad for weeks, even with loads of sealant in. But they didn’t lose an awful lot of air, and eventually they did seal up (I imagine they ended up a bit heavier though!)

Uphilldowndale
    Free Member

I also found when going tubeless with non UST Conti tyres it’s best to degrease the inside of the tyre before fitting. My X Kings still foamed for a bit but sealed up OK.

tony24
    Free Member

I got non ust x kings protections. Took me a week and half of constant shaking to get the sidewalls sorted then a couple of rides now holding air very well.

My first venture into tubeless and the week of effort was so worth it.

emmodd
    Free Member

Can I ask what method you used for inflating the tyres? My Speciallized went on and blew straight up. The Conti’s however don’t seem to want to stay seated on my Flow rims however hard I pump them. Is it best to leave a tube in over night to ensure a proper interface with the rim/tyre and to ensure the bead is straight? Any other tips?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Conti Baron 2.3 – Tubeless with Stan's?’ is closed to new replies.