• This topic has 20 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jackboyz-spam.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Confidential waste, how to get rid of?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve a fair bit of confidential paperwork (an old Uncles) to get rid of. Apart from a bonfire that would be seen from space, has anyone any idea what’s the cheapest/safest/easiest/quickest way to destroy it? I don’t think shredding’s an option as I don’t have access to an industrial shredding machine!
    Or should I keep it till Nov 5th?
    Thanks.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

burn it, or just cover it with old paint or some thing

fisha
    Free Member

just burn it … no big deal. do it somewhere where others wont complain … or do it bit by bit.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

These guys offer short term industrial shredder hire (london based but I’m sure they’re not the only ones)
    http://www.abt-shredders.co.uk/

Conqueror
    Free Member

you can get paper shredder from about 10 quid upwards (on argos) and from other stores…

do you not think one of them would be sufficient? how many pages are we talking? its merely time – unless you are worried about how shredded the shreddings are..

or lob it in a garden incinerator
    or dip it in a can of paint
    or chuck it in the bath bring it out and attack it with a random object

work yourself up into a rage and go mental at it

donsimon
    Free Member

U.N.C.L.E: you say?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

work yourself up into a rage and go mental at it

😆 I’m liking this suggestion. Burning it bit by bit is the best…get one of those bins with holes in the bottom and a lid with a chimney…stick a bit of wood in, have some beer and pizza and lob the paper in bit by bit. Pretend you’re on a building site or something.

By the way, what did your Uncle do?

emma82
    Free Member

There are companies that will destroy it then recycle it for a small cost if you want to be environmentally friendly. That’s where our super confidential stuff goes,( pre-shredded depending on how confidential) They give you big paper bags which are collected then thrown into a massive industrial shredder along with hundreds of other peoples stuff then bagged up and thrown to a load of worms, they eat it, poo it out then it gets sold for compost.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Shred, burn, then bury under the patio.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

By the way, what did your Uncle do?

Ex bank manager, lots of investment stuff!

Looks like I’ll end up burning it bit by bit in the hole in the garden I normally bury people in. 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

There are companies that will destroy it then recycle it for a small cost if you want to be environmentally friendly.

And how exactly are they environmentally friendly?

emma82
    Free Member

Worm poo!!!

sweepy
    Free Member

woodchipper?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Just tell everyone what the contents are, then it’s no longer confidential, and you can just dispose of it in the normal rubbish/recycling, thus saving loads of money! 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

emma82 – Member

Worm poo!!!
    Worm poo to you too! But that doesn’t explain anything about environmentally friendlinessyness! 😕

clubber
    Free Member

nuke them from space. its the only way…

emma82
    Free Member

oh bog off DS you argumentative old fart 🙂 They are environmentally friendly because it is recycled and doesn’t end up in landfill. You’d be surprised how many people still shred then stuff paper in the bin then send to landfill. There really is no need to burn it, shred, split and recycle. No one really gives a toss.

englishbob
    Free Member

Burn, mix ashes with water, pour down toilet.

Alternatively, eat said documents and let nature take its course.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

acid bath.

user-removed
    Free Member

Immerse the papers in trays of water, put the trays in the freezer (chest type is best) and book yourself onto one of Mr. Branson’s first anti-gravity, space flights.

When no-one is looking, quickly open the door of the aircraft and lob the whole lot into orbit. Jobsagoodun.

Swelper
    Free Member

Make something out of paper mache……..

[/url]http://ultimatepapermache.com/paper-mache-recipes

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Confidential waste, how to get rid of?’ is closed to new replies.