Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Concert tickets – is it a big scam?
  • will1
    Free Member

Tried getting One Direction tickets for my daughter as soon as they were released at 10am, but non left!! How do they sell out so fast? Other websites have them for sale already for £100 when the face value is £20!! Is it a scam by the ticket companies?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I booked my mom some birthday tickets to see cliff richards. £70 a pop.! 😯

Now that’s a **** scam if ever there was one.

PrinceJohn

there would’ve probably been a load on pre-sale, a load going to corporate some on the door.

On the brightside you might take this oppurtunity be able to educate your daughter about music.

Raindog
    Free Member

There look to be loads left here

will1
    Free Member

Raindog
    Thank you, I owe you one just got two tickets.

Raindog
    Free Member

Nice to be able to help 🙂

nedrapier

bloody HM bloody V charge £3.75 booking fee PER TICKET! Then A QUID to email you pdfs of the tickets!

WT bloody F.

Don’t know why it annoys me so much more than face price £3.75 higher. But it does. sorry for swears.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I got two for my daughter for the front circle this morning, but they did sell out quick. I think the people waiting outside for them were allowed to buy at 9am too.
    There was a Watchdog program on a while back about TicketSoup and some other site being in cahoots regarding ticket sales, and prices where massively inflated. 👿

mrmo
    Free Member

What pisses me off is those who buy the tickets just to stick them on ebay. I accept that on occasion things happen, but if you want 2 tickets then buy 2, don’t buy 4 and flog the spares on ebay and try and make some money.

surfer
    Free Member

The whole things a scam. They are already on E:bay.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You can get ticket for their tribute band Wand Erection

honest, but not going to google them yet

soops
    Free Member

Come on will1 admit you are a secret one direction fan! 😆

rangeroy
    Free Member

Soops instead of worrying about Wills music taste give me quickest way off getting from 1″ male bsp to 15mm plastic pipe.
    cheers 🙂

soops
    Free Member

rangeroy – you got a text

M6TTF
    Free Member

One dimension – painful, hope you don’t have to take your offspring as well?!

rangeroy
    Free Member

Soops different mobile now txt will he has new 1 i dont have yours 🙁

wrightyson
    Free Member

Last few gigs we’ve had to buy off eBay! Sooner tickets are buyer specific the better! You should be able to transfer them if you drop a bollock booking the wrong date etc but for a fee similar to the airlines do! That would ensure the true fans got to the gigs!!!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I ended up buying 8 Foos tickets and selling them all to my mates at the same price I’d paid for them. If you get through the booking system this is the gentlemanly thing to do*

* Wouldn’t resell one direction tickets to my worst enemy though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We did exactly the same with foos tickets, my idiot wife bought 4 instead of 2 and I listed them on eBay with a description that mentioned stupid wife and sold them at a buy it now to cover our costs!!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

wrightyson – Member
    idiot wife…………..stupid wife….

You silver tongued charmer!

atlaz
    Free Member

We occasionally end up not going to gigs and sell the tickets on. Most of the time it’s to friends for face value but on EBay we usually have a buy it now for face-value + ebay and paypal fees. Don’t agree with making money off the tickets, just want to cover costs. We’ve even given tickets to people outside gigs who were looking for a tout on one occasion when a friend failed to show.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I gave full weekend Hospitality tickets to Leeds away to some kid at the box office begging to be let in as he’d lost his ticket.

Karma was restored when he randomly sat next to us two days later with a beer each for me and the boys.

Festivals never sold out in them days though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Paulosaxo, it was at her say so that I listed it like that! And to be fair you have to be stoopid to put 4 as opposed to 2!!! 😆

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Concert tickets – is it a big scam?’ is closed to new replies.