Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Comfart foods, what's yours?
  • bearnecessities

onionmk
    Free Member

comfort foods? Cake and custard.. mmmmm

tiggs121
    Free Member

ComFART or comFORT?

Actually both the same – beans ,…lots of beans! Any type.

dabble
    Free Member

Good old brussel sprouts, tried and tested from 29years of christmas dinners and the odd glorious occasion when we have them with sunday lunch. I think they’re just filled with air.
    Too many protein shakes as well, they are concentrated to the Nth degree and seep out.

edit, though i don’t usually come when i fart.

theotherjonv

Dried apple from the health food shop, preserved with sulphites. Copious and minging.

edlong
    Free Member

Chicken Achari from Amaans in Morley. Undergoing a refit and opening under new ownership now-ish, I’ll report back on any important changes to the menu and its impact.

theotherjonv

edit, though i don’t usually come when i fart

Just saw this edit. Me neither – but the other way round……. 😳 .. But that was on another thread a few weeks back

stumpy01

It would be quicker for me to list what ISN’T a comfart food, than what is!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

020164 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Turns me into Johnny Fartpants.

Keef
    Free Member

Pork scratching,so bad,but sooo good 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Stuffing. Any sort. Lovely going in. Vicious coming out, depending on your point of view.

zippykona

Stuffing here as well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Adnam’s Broadside.

Even half a pint can lead to some ferocious hip rippers. More than a pint or two and it’s in to some terrifying trouser trumpet moments!

DezB
    Free Member

My guts are misbehaving just looking at the picture

benslow
    Free Member

Any BITTER / PUB snack combo usually sets the CO2 detector off.

Esp. Deuchars IPA and Nobbys dry roasted.

hatter

My homemade corn beef hash will reliably end up producing the kind of gastric eruptions Stephen Hawking could test his theories on.

In my student days I made the error of polishing off my veggie housemate’s lentil chilli. The results were so bad that I couldn’t go to lectures the next day.

The aural volume, oily potency, and sheer unpredictability were like nothing I’ve experienced before or since, the fact I remember it 12 years later says it all really.

warton
    Free Member

cauliflower
    Eggs

andytherocketeer

Onions

AlexSimon

comfort – crumble+custard
    comfart – quorn

ocrider

Cassoulet ticks both boxes

Clobber
    Free Member

Jerusalem artichoke soup – This provided me with a near continuous stream of gas for approximately 25mins.

Outstanding display!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Anything sweetcorn related. Comes out looking exactly the same as it went in, but at significantly higher velocity. I’m sure I’ve knocked chips of enamel out of the bowl before.

wwaswas

“We’ll just take a load of these for camping as they’re very light”

The tent was positively inflated at night.

onandon
    Free Member

the other day I made a chilli but with cauliflower instead of rice (cutting out the carbs)

I woke myself up three times by farting. They were so rotten I could taste them in the air.

the gas session went on for 24 hours – the trip to work in the car want much fun either.

I still have some chilli left in the fridge but I’m not sure it would have got any less stinky in the 3 days its been fermenting.

boxfish
    Free Member

Coleslaw…PHHHHHFFFFFFRRRRRMMMMP!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

cucumber for volume.
    eggs for smell.
    Dodgy real ale from a beer festival for both, with added follow-through

PJM1974
    Free Member

*crackle*

Clean up on isle number five, please.

mrblobby
    Free Member

+1 for Beanfeast!!!! I’ve never had an experience quite like it before or since. The volume of wind produced was astonishing.

bigblackshed

IBS. Guaranteed to turn reasonably safe foods into brass band noises. Flapjacks are the worst. I have been known to make born again Christians swear in the past.

+1 for Quorn. Chap at work eats it wholesale. Thankfully it only produces noise not smell.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Dartmoor brewery Jail Ale. Usually only drink it if im camping behind the pub in Princetown. Tent requires all the guy ropes secured with storm pegs! 🙂

cheers_drive

Haribo (or a large quantity any sweets)

shermer75
    Free Member

bigG
    Free Member

Dahl,,,love it but by god it makes me trump

lucien

As with bigG really, these and I tend to follow through 😳 😳

nicko74

Comfart

Look it up on Google, see if anyone else has any suggestions…

For me, my Mum’s lentil stew, real ale (but the British, warm variety rather than the N American cold variety), and egg salad sandwiches

binners

Pretty much anything really. Most of my waking hours I sound like a leaking bagpipe

I’m presently cooking a chicken broth with pearl barley and lentils. I doubt that’s going to end well. I’ve put a canary in the front room so the kids know when to evacuate the area

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Turkey!

Its a family thing and it makes Christmas Day tough going by early evening!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Oh yes – any SIS sport drink. Guaranteed to make you lap faster in a race, although you’ll probably be DQed for using reheat….

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I’m a veggie, in a house full of veggies so pretty much everything, and they still won’t grant planning for a turbine!

carlosg
    Free Member

Anything containing onions or onion powder , it’s not nice for me so it must nearly kill everyone else 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Comfart foods, what's yours?’ is closed to new replies.