Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Clothing for les arcs in July
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Need to get a new top and shorts and as I have a Les Arcs trip planned for July I’d like to get something suitable for there. I’m guessing it will be pretty hot and I’ll probably be wearing some sort of armour. I’d assume you’ll be wanting to wear a base layer underneath the armour to prevent chafing but will I need a loose jersey over the top? Have never work knee/shin pads before so do I need long or short shorts?!

Cheers

Chris

johnners
    Free Member

Even in July it may not be all that hot at 2200m in the pissing rain.

Is my lesson learnt.

coogan
    Free Member

Been three times, in June, August and September. Awesome weather and pissing rain. I just wear what I wear here, shorts, short sleeves, long sleeves, waterproof whatever is needed. Plus only wore knee pads. You’ll be fine.

smogmonster

Ive been caught in a blizzard at the start of August in Les Arcs. Take clothing for all conditions.

northair
    Free Member

I ride in shorts, a short sleeved riding top and carry a goretex all the time incase I get caught in an afternoon storm. If when I set out in the morning it’s raining, or very cold I’ll wear a light windproof over my riding top.

I always wear knee guards but don’t bother with elbow guards as I find them restrictive. full finger gloves essential and a full face helmet is my usual choice for the lift accessed stuff.

See here for a kitlist: http://www.trailaddiction.com/kitlist.php.

Cheers,
    Ben
    trailAddiction

takisawa2

Man up.

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

as above, take normal riding gear.

I’ve always been lucky and had superb weather (short sleeved tops only) but pack a rainproof jacket and another layer in your bag just in case.

I wouldnt wear a layer underneath your armour. It’s usually 29 to 32 degrees, just like going on hols to Majorca so you will melt with a base layer, armour, riding top as well as leg armour and a full face on.

In fact, it’s obvious that walkers etc. move away from you at lunchtime as you tend to stink from having sweated so much!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Clothing for les arcs in July’ is closed to new replies.