Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Clever use of CRC vouchers
  • nickwatson
    Free Member

Looking at the CRC website, you can buy vouchers at 20% off. If you buy £130 worth of vouchers for £104, will you get the £50 off your next purchase voucher? If so, can you use the £130 worth of vouchers that you have already bought, plus the £50 voucher, and get £180 worth of goodies for £104 outlay?

If so, I see some new wheels being ordered …

Sorry if already discussed.

Nick

aracer
    Free Member
    stumpyjon

SOunds unlikely, are you sure the vouchers are discounted? They aren’t usually in the promotions.

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

And you cant use the vouchers till after xmas

steington
    Free Member

wouldnt you need 2 boxes for codes..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can’t use vouchers till after christmas
    £50off has to be used under 2 weeks
    Can only redeam one voucher code at a time

And theres 10-15% off at the moment (UK10, UK15 etc) so it’s either 10-15% now, or split the order in 2 and get <25% off as you cant use both of those offers together either.

CRC aren’t stupid!

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

those are the codes for £10 off, there was an email saying 10% off but I’ve deleted it and now I can’t remember the code, it’s not UK10 tho. Does anyone else still have it? Please!!

Rickos
    Free Member

UK10%

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

Rickos you are a legend. I owe you a pint next time you’re in the sunny Lake District in exchange for the £70 you just saved me 😉

100mphplus
    Free Member

If people actually read the T & C’s it clearly states you cannot use any other voucher code to buy vouchers, nor use the discounted vouchers to buy further vouchers in the future etc…etc..

You CAN use more than one voucher at a time! You fill your basket and type in a voucher code in the box, that value is deducted from your total and the voucher code box clears. You then type in another voucher code etc..etc until your basket value is less than the value of any voucher codes left…simples!!

After the 25th when the discounted vouchers are valid and when the New Year sales discount codes appear, (they will believe me!) you can get double advantage as follows;-
    fill your basket, apply % off discount code, pay using discounted vouchers.
    8)

coursemyhorse
    Free Member

“After the 25th when the discounted vouchers are valid and when the New Year sales discount codes appear, (they will believe me!) you can get double advantage as follows;-
    fill your basket, apply % off discount code, pay using discounted vouchers.”

Hi there, I don’t believe the above to be correct. If you plan to use your gift vouchers to pay in the Sales and CRC do more discount codes for certian spend levels I can’t see this working. i.e. If they do the type of discount like they are currently where you can add a discount code to get a percentage off an amount spent (like 15% off £75 spend) then you cannot add a gift voucher as well. I do not mean to BUY a gift voucher, I mean to spend. So if you are planning on adding say your £100 voucher, AND then adding a discount code for X% off as well, I’m not sure it will let you do that in the sales.

It would be beneficial however if you plan to buy an item that has had it’s actual price discounted as opposed to a checkout total discount.

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

coursemyhorse
    Free Member

I had the above confirmed from CRC that you cannot use the vouchers in the sales with any other discount codes they decide to do at the same time during checkout. It’s one or the other.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

You could spend £100 and get £50 off next £100 order. Send something back from that first or second £100 order and you’ll get a refund. So potentially you could get £50 off £100. os someting…

100mphplus
    Free Member

We’ll just have to wait and see then 😉

I know the method I have described has worked in the past for me for ‘normal’ gift vouchers, it will only not work if the 20% off voucher codes I have are specially coded and rejected.

scottidog
    Free Member

Does anyone know if you have to spend the vouchers all at once, or can I spend it bit by bit?

100mphplus
    Free Member

Just read the T & C’s on my receipt and it states this;-
    “Please be sure to note the terms for usage:
    • Your above voucher will be activated for use on 25/12/2011
    • Enter code into E-Voucher box at my basket stage of ordering to apply
    • Can be used for part payment only
    • Gift Vouchers cannot be used as payment to purchase Gift Vouchers
    • Valid for one year from date of activation
    • Cannot be exchanged for cash”
    Doesn’t mention anything about it not being usuable with any other voucher!

There was also a pdf of a full price voucher so you can write the voucher code onto it and give it to someone as a present.

So lets say someone gets a £10 voucher from me, they are going to be pretty P’d off with CRC if the XX% off code doesn’t work in the New Year sales prior to paying with my voucher! Doesn’t affect me, but CRC gets hassle, so I stand by my original post and reckon there’s double discount to be had, I’m not losing whatever happens.

100mphplus
    Free Member

You have to use one voucher all at once, hence why it’s better to get £10 & £20 value one’s, but you have 12 months to spend all of the vouchers one at a time.

dhrider
    Free Member

You are all assuming CRC are going to keep discount codes on for the jan sale rather than just discounting prices!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Really torn by the idea of these Christmas vouchers. 20% off would be lovely in the new year but what happens to the prices and what if the stuff is then cheaper elsewhere?

coursemyhorse
    Free Member

Ok let me confrim what CRC said on an email to me.

1: You can use MULTIPLE gift vouchers at once during checkout. So if you have 10 x £10 vouchers, you can add these all at checkout one by one to use them all up for one purchase or use some for one purchase, and some for another later in the year.

2: Using gift vouchers at checkout, the total basket value has to exceed the value of the vouchers, so they can only be used for part patment. i.e. Say you buy something for £101, then you can only use £100’s worth of vouchers. This pretty much goes without saying.

3: You CAN NOT use gift vouchers at checkout for payment IN ADDITION TO DISCOUNT VOUCHER CODES.

4: Gift vouchers still work on items heavily discounted individually on a price you would normally pay anyway.

They may stop doing discount codes in the sales anyway. But say they do one where you get 25% off using UK25% or something, you can’t use that as well as your gift vouchers for payment. It’s one or the other.

CRC emailed me these details themselves so I would assume them to be correct. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Clever use of CRC vouchers’ is closed to new replies.