Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Classified – "loads of pics"
  • Flaperon

Can we have a new rule for the classifieds that says you have to include a photo with your listing? “Email me for photos” says three things about your item:

1. You’ve got something to hide.
    2. You don’t actually have the item in a saleable condition (clean, boxed, parts etc) and are just gauging interest.
    3. You’re too lazy or technically inept to get photos onto the internet.

So when you advertise something and seem faintly confused when not many people are interested, this is why. ^^

rob-jackson
    Free Member

some things do not warrant pix

Flaperon

Exceptions to every rule. Not especially bothered about a seat-clamp with slight signs of wear on it. But whole bikes? Frames? Forks? Brakes?

scaredypants

from every angle, all joints and minor imperfections in massive detail ?
    sounds great

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Faults can easily be hidden in photos.

People who ask for pics frequently don’t buy.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sure, cos what the world really needs is more rules. FASCIST PIG!

chainslapp
    Free Member

People that don’t buy after seeing pics normally means that the sellers description doesn’t match the image.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Nope. posting pics is a pain. From what I can see anyway and I have never bothered after the first few attempts. if you want to look, ask. I am not bothering to go to the hassle to take pics if no one wants my stuff.
    As for point 3.Smug git, so you are clever. .

bol

If it irritates you, just move on to the next ad. Otherwise, before you know it it’ll be Bikeradar round here.

Flaperon

Forum Help

See under “Posting an Image”

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’d have thought that sticking a few pics up (it’s not rocket science)would mean that only serious buyers would bother you for more detail/pics.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

if something is not “As Described” you have a course of redress. Questioning of a seller will give you much more than a picture, both in legal terms and in evaluating the seller.

How can a photograph of an assembled fork tell you what condition the bushings are in ore if the damping works. Or if bearings are ok etc etc.

Dancake
    Free Member

Just stick one on flickr and you can link to all the others?

takes 2 secs to copy the bb code and stick it in a post.

Takes longer to individually email

meehaja
    Free Member

I don’t really know how to put pictures up. Is that such a bad thing? Think about it, if I knew how to post pictures I’d post maybe 20-25% more pointless posts. I take a lot of photos, maybe 10 a day, everyday. I also spend a lot of time looking at pictures on line, so think of the crap I’d be posting up here to illustrate my technical inneptitude! no more what tyres/bottom bracket/how do i fix this, instead imagine massivley picture heavy threads with artistically lit shots of my bikes.

Also, with all the traders on here, would it not bring the STW servers to a grinding go slow protest if every item advertised on here had pictures?

footflaps

Takes a few minutes to upload photos to flickr and post in an ad – also makes a big difference to speed with which stuff sells, I just don’t get why everyone doesn’t use photos in their adds…

MartynS

Two things..

I’ve occasionally posted on the FS forum and “put pics on request” because I am testing the water. I will almost certainly have pics ready to send out.

Secondly with the amount of people browsing through phones/mobile internet Picture heavy posts can be a royal pain (well I think so) so I see no bother in in allowing someone to mail for pics to browse later on a better screen/faster/unlimited data connection.

I also find people who bother to e-mail for pics are more serious about buying.
    Just my experience, not saying I’m right

Northwind

No. Because enforcing it will break the mods souls.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member
    oldgrump08
    Free Member

Teehee

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

🙄 what a toad

khani
    Free Member

😆 LOL!!! 😆 busted!!

Northwind

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Classified – "loads of pics"’ is closed to new replies.