Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Claiming for a cracked frame when not the original owner
  • eddiegrant
    Free Member

Has anyone claimed for cracked frame when not the original owner and been sucsesfull?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Only if it’s a nicolai (or turner?).

thewanderer
    Free Member

Yep. But that’s why I buy 2nd hand Turners…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

DEepends on warranty innit

eddiegrant
    Free Member

Even if the bikes only 14 month old

fasthaggis

Have a word with the original owner ?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Some shops seem more willing to bend the rules than others.
    But always worth a go.

But as above if you can get the first owner to do it much better

eddiegrant
    Free Member

The problem is the shop know the original owner and don’t want to bend the rules just need to know if there’s anyway round claiming from manufacturer

cynic-al
    Free Member

No “way round” that I know of.

whytetrash

got reciept?…go to different shop!

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve had three warranty issues go through one of my lbs and not once have they asked for proof that I bought the bike. I was the original owner but didn’t buy it from them nor is the shop small enough for them to know me and give special treatment.

They were all Marin frames and ATB sales are well known as being brilliant at customer service so maybe that had a bit to do with it.

Many firms will do crash replacement in place of warranty if you’re not the original owner

legend
    Free Member

The problem is the shop know the original owner and don’t want to bend the rules just need to know if there’s anyway round claiming from manufacturer

contact the manufacturer?

mrmo
    Free Member

your warranty is with the seller.

details to consider, section 14 SOGA states in course of business, so if your seller is a business then you have more rights than if they are not.

The person you bought the bike from hand a warranty with the shop, NOT with the manufacturer, the manufacturer might be helpful but they don’t have to.

You might get help if you are upfront with the manufacturer and it is a “known” fault, but it really is at their discretion and it might not be free.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mrmno – not quite – your SOGA rights are with the seller, that is not the same as warranty. the manufacturer may have a warranty that is over and above the soga rights

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I personally think you are doing well if you get a replacement. regardless of how old the bike is.

But it is worth trying and emailing who you can to find out

hobbitfeet
    Free Member

Can you get in touch with the guy that you brought it off? Get him to put in an email for you or something?

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

just find a shop that has closed down recently that sold that brand, produce receipt on paint shop pro… get brand new trek fuel ex9 frame

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Claiming for a cracked frame when not the original owner’ is closed to new replies.