Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • City-Link deliveries – what does this mean?
  • DickBarton

Ordered something from Wiggle a few days back and the next day I got a text from City-Link telling me that the item would be delivered on Wednesday 21st Dec 2011 between 07:30 and 17:00.

Awfy quick service, thinks me…

Get home Wednesday night and nothing has been delivered or attempted (mother-in-law was in all day childminding).

I log on to their website and it reports that it is ‘In Our Network’ and the logging shows it was scanned at the collection depot at 12:49 on 20th and at 01:37 on 21st it was ‘In Our Network’.

Looks like it is still on-track for delivery – but nothing…no attempt and I’ve been hanging on hold for 45 minutes 4 times now.

I realise it is Christmas and they will be snowed under…I wasn’t expecting such a fast delivery – Wiggle suggested between 2-5 days but I actually got a text from the delivery company telling me when it would be delivered and it hasn’t delivered.

I just want to find out why not…surely with the increase in volume they would have texted with a manageable date?

Not really a rant (other than being told when it will be delivered and it wasn’t and not answering the phone) – I guess they are busy but they could do much better at suggesting when delivery will be made.

I’m not driving the 30 miles to the depot to collect a £10 item so I’ll be waiting but it confuses me that they say something and it doesn’t happen.

Anyway, don’t feel any better or worse but felt the need to tell someone who was daft enough to read all this!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Cityshity-Link deliveries – what does this mean?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

In the olden days Wiggle used to use the Posties and if you werent in it was no hassle to pop round the corner to pick up your stuff

Now they use City Link…………..

My nearest depot is also 30 miles or so away and as my bike is my primary mode of transport thats just never going to be practical to pick up a spare inner tube

I no longer use Wiggle

At all

thomthumb
    Free Member

Now they use City Link…………..

I no longer use Wiggle

+1.

eddie11
    Free Member

what neilsonwheels said. they are $%$%£ awful. ive had this, you’ll not get anyone to take your problem on and they’ll just say someones coming out next day to get you off the phone. even in the average world of couriers they are a cut below.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Wiggle Order processed Dec 21st; arrived this lunchtime. Royal Mail.

but they could do much better at suggesting when delivery will be made

After calling citylink about the forks that I’d missed, they suggested to me that they’d be delivering again the next day, around lunchtime. Next day, nothing, so called up again and got a response along the lines of ‘oh sorry, we decided not to send the van out yesterday’ Cheers…

Muke
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting in for 3 days for Yodel to collect a package, phone them every night and after 5 minutes they eventually answer the phone and report that my collection was unsuccessful and no explanation as to why.
    Drive by collection me thinks

69er
    Free Member

City Link are the worst couriers I have had experience of. Similar experience to the OP. And their depots seem to be in remote locations.

So I no longer use Wiggle either for the reasons same stated above.

antigee

think wiggle use royal mail for small items only

speed12
    Free Member

I just had a Snowboard delivered by City Link. With the slight issue tht they forgot to deliver the snowboard. Went to my mates business where I had it delivered and there was the small box with 2 pairs of sock but missing the rather crucial board bit. The driver managed to kiss a 1.5m long box with my name on apparently. Oh well.

iain1775
    Free Member

I know a Scotsman begins with K he will do a better delivery for you 😉

PePPeR

To be fair to my City link guy, he was driving past today and saw me in my liveried van, flashed me to pull over and told me he was about to deliver my Xmas hamper and would I like to take it off him, asked for my ID and was all sorted, if he hadn’t used his initiative I’d have not been at home and I’d have missed my scrummy hamper! 🙂

bigG
    Free Member
    Hadge
    Free Member

City Link are the worst couriers ever and after the debacle I had with them last year I make sure I never order anything from anyone who uses them near Christmas time. I complained and complained and not once did they even bother reply. Their system really doesn’t cope with the seasonal rush and they send vans out all the time without parcels in them that are due out that day.

konadad
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V64r3q4FuA[/video]

bencooper
    Free Member

Over the years I’ve been in business, I’ve sued probably every courier company in the UK – take it from me, every courier company is the worst ever 🙂

Really, the variation between depots and drivers is much larger than the variation between companies. All couriers seem rubbish around London.

My record is still TNT – they lost a Rohloff wheel for three years before finding it in Milton Keynes and returning it to me. It was meant to go to Australia…

bencooper
    Free Member

Ha, Freudian slip!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘City-Link deliveries – what does this mean?’ is closed to new replies.