Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Children named after where they were conceived
  • SamCooke
    Free Member

Does anyone still do this? Would you let the child know? I like the idea but surely most children who are the age to ask about their names would be mortified about any converstaion which referred to their conception. Secondly, I know the Beckhams did it with Brooklyn, but who else was there? Anyone here done it?

thomthumb
    Free Member

my sister is called cortina; after the back seat of a ford!

wwaswas

one of our freinds has a kid called ‘kitchen table’ which is taking things a bit far, really.

montylikesbeer

From my knowledge of a short time living in Wythenshaw (south Manchester) most of the kids should have been called “behind the bus station”

chutney13
    Free Member

we mentioned calling our child keith lee *****. but obviously we won’t really.

wingnuts

Had a teacher mate from NZ and the Mauris do it alot. The most bizzare example he came across was a kid called Mount Albert Bus Stop. it was rarely used in full apparently.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Brooklyn Beckham wasn’t the first. There are more famous examples. Such as…

woody2000

CM – I think I get that. 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mount Albert Bus Stop

How did Albert give birth?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Mount Albert Bus Stop

This looks more like a description of events which occurred before conception.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

CM – I think I get that.

Racist!

druidh
    Free Member

SamCooke – Member
    Does anyone still do this? Would you let the child know? I like the idea but surely most children who are the age to ask about their names would be mortified about any converstaion which referred to their conception. Secondly, I know the Beckhams did it with Brooklyn, but who else was there?

Are you suggesting they needed some assistance?

wingnuts

Mount Albert Bus Stop – How did Albert give birth?

Not sure but looks like Auckland is twined with Wythenshaw

cynic-al
    Free Member

Broom Cupboard Becker FTW!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There was once this Indian guy and he didn’t like his name so he went to the chief and asked him if he could change it. “No!” the chief said, “You know our custom! After the woman gives birth she looks out of the Tepee and names the child after the first thing she sees.” the man sighed and said, “Well, thanks anyway, Chief Running Deer.” The chief replied, “You’re welcome, Two Dogs F*****g.”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My middle name is Sacristan

Junkyard
    Free Member

sensitive issue this one for me

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My sister’s middle name is Convent.

portlyone

Wonder what Mary and Joseph would have decided on?

wwaswas

God knows.

maccruiskeen

That whole Brooklyn thing is just a big fib anyway – the rumour is he was really conceived in Ecclefechan. The point is – you can make it up. Call your kid Everest Base Camp if you like, unless anyone was watching nobody really knows where they were conceived.

maccruiskeen

They went with something a bit Latin American
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1w3n5ZHqSk[/video]

marsdenman
    Free Member

‘Daddy’, says the young American Indian
    ‘Is it true my sisters and I are named after the first thing you saw when you left the teepee after we were born’

‘Yes Two Dogs ****ing, it is, why do you ask…?’

IGMC……

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Would that be the same joke as above?

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    There was once this Indian guy and he didn’t like his name so he went to the chief and asked him if he could change it. “No!” the chief said, “You know our custom! After the woman gives birth she looks out of the Tepee and names the child after the first thing she sees.” the man sighed and said, “Well, thanks anyway, Chief Running Deer.” The chief replied, “You’re welcome, Two Dogs F*****g.”

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # 😛

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

depends if **** is the same as ****

SamCooke
    Free Member

Thanks very much to everyone for their helpful information and constructive advice. CM, if your picture is of the actress and not the character, then you have a perverse mind. Well done.

steve-g
    Free Member

I used to live in an apartment complex on the Greenwich – Deptford border, neither of those make particularly good baby names but the building we lived in was called Indiana, Wife overrulled it 🙁

emma82
    Free Member

Ha, I was thinking about this the other day having killed a bit of time waiting for the rain to subside on Sunday in coed y brenin car park. Either coed or brenin are actually quite cool. Carpark not so much 😆

jj55

Isn’t Donovan’s daughter called Astrella Celeste ……….

Diane
    Free Member

Rickos
    Free Member

Ha, I was thinking about this the other day having killed a bit of time waiting for the rain to subside on Sunday in coed y brenin car park.

😯

Did anyone see you at it? Hora gets very jealous of such goings on.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Staffs folk have the example of Rudyard Kipling.

Moses

My darling daughter would have had Berkeley as a middle name, had she been a boy. There are some very peaceful spots in the castle grounds.

She doesn’t know.

brakes
    Free Member

I was nearly called Dalnair

matt_outandabout

I know know of two boys called Sheffield and Red – I always wondered if United’s ground had a quiet corner or room…

Hohum
    Free Member

My manager and his wife conceived their child 12 years ago in Hong Kong and their surname is Phooey, so their daughter is called Hong Kong Phooey!

No, that’s not the whole truth, the bit about conceived in Hong Kong is true, but they named their daughter Asia.

peterfile
    Free Member

a friend of mine called his daughter Meribel.

they own a chalet there. which makes it so, so much worse.

poppa
    Free Member

Fanny Cradock?

mightymarmite
    Free Member

There’s a great mountain at home in newzealand called Whakapapa. The maori pronounce the “wh” as a “f”

Probably not so popular with mums to be. …

jojoA1
    Free Member

I went to school with a guy called Glen whose middle name specified which one he was conceived in.

My poor son would have been called ‘Carina Layby’ but my daughter would have had the more acceptable ‘Torry’. She is in fact called Corran, after the ferry near Fort William, but not because she was conceived on it. The crossing is not nearly long enough for that… 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Children named after where they were conceived’ is closed to new replies.