Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • CCDB Air CS – anybody got one?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Well used to the performance of the regular CCDB coil but looking for views on the Air model and esp. the CS function.
    Read all the reviews.

How well does the CS function work?

maxtorque

No idea, i love my regular DBair, and i don’t think i’d ever actually flip it into “climb” mode to be totally honest. Of course, that depends on your bikes antisquat / antibob geo too!

I find that if the slow speed bump/rebound is set right, then the bike takes care of itself on the climbs 😉

doug_basqueMTB.com

Good, it is quite subtle but works. I like the cs. Shock is a revelation, it takes a lot to match Marzocchi’s bombers up front but the ccdb air does it.

maxtorque

Doug, do you find you use the CS? And more importantly, do you remember to switch out of it for the way downs?? 😉

Yetiman
    Free Member

I was riding a demo Nicolai ION 29er a couple of weeks ago which was fitted with a CCDB Air CS. To be honest I completely forgot about the CS function and only tried it when I got back to the car park. The shock felt great though, and at no time on the two long steep climbs did I feel it bob or wallow, even on the techy bits, so I’m pretty sure I’d just leave the lever open all the time. But then I’ve never been one for shock lockouts and such like.

Rik
    Free Member

All sounds good so far – shame they weigh so much.

Doug – my wife has emailed you today about holidays

doug_basqueMTB.com

Yeah I use it, not all the time but often enough. It’s easy to reach and the lever is visible so you can see right way if its off. I forget occasionally but not that often. Tbh it’s not essential for the shock, I would be happy without it but since it is there I do use it.

simonjj
    Free Member

Yes, swapped from Fox CTD to the CS a couple of months ago and prefer it to the Fox, CS switch gets used all the time and IMO does what they intend to to do but as has been mentioned above it a bit fiddly with the quite small lever.

Rik
    Free Member

Good to see there are no negatives about the shock, obviously bar weight and price…

messiah
    Free Member

The Nicolai Ion 15 I currently have to play with has a CCDB Air CS on it Linky

I’ve had a CCDB coil in the past and the Air feels better (it was on a different bike so that might have something to do with it). It felt like a well set-up CCDB which can be a good or bad thing; they are not lively feeling and I find the rebound too slow from deep in the travel… still the second best feeling shock I have ever used (My Avalanched tuned DHX Air is the best, and it’s lighter 😉 ).

I don’t like using Pro-Pedal and CS type switches so I didn’t bother to try it. Without using the switch I found the bike climbs and descends very well with only out of the saddle efforts getting the shock and fork to become a bit bobby – the CS switch and Pike fork lockout thing would probably help this but like I said it didn’t bother me enough to try faffing with it (and inevitably forgetting to faff it back again).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Air CS – anybody got one?’ is closed to new replies.